Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Attention warfare players! *ReadLastPost!*

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just figured out a way to play DM & Warfare at the same time! I made a kismet sequence that damages the enemy core every time you kill one of them. This is going to further expand the different types of maps & gameplay that will be available. Imagine playing the small stock DM maps or huge vehicle based maps where the only objective is to kill the enemy! The "tag" that these type of maps will have is DM. So the name would be like WAR-Diesel-DM.

Comment

Okay, this server sounds awesome. I'll definitely join in and check it out tonight.

Comment

Lot of neat looking stuff ... nice work Rumple

Comment

Here's a video of Warfare Deathmatch action! Every time you kill an enemy it damages their core!
          http://youtu.be/ryxbLzM1voI
          This map just went live on the server!

Comment

WAR-Warehouse-DM now on the server!

Comment

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
              Here's a video of Warfare Deathmatch action! Every time you kill an enemy it damages their core!
              http://youtu.be/ryxbLzM1voI
              Diesel video looks neat — though I didn't quite understand what it was showing:
              • What/where were the "cores"? Are they imaginary for DM maps?
              • Is this WARDM game any different from what would be equivalent to just plain TDM if counting frags backwards from 100?
              • Did the UDamage pickup turn into some kind of GameObjective?

Comment

The cores are off the map. You don't attack them at all. When you kill an enemy it does damage to their core. There are no pickups in any of my maps. You spawn with no weapons in a spawn room outside the map & when you run through the weapon locker in the spawn room it gives you weapons that recharge ammo, grenades, & special deployables. All this is played in a slightly modified warfare game type. The different styles of the maps are all done in kismet inside the map its self. Let's recap the different map styles.

SH: Stronghold - A stronghold map will have one central node inside a structure (building, space station, etc). The object of this map is to capture & hold this "Stronghold" (node). Once captured, the enemy's core will start to drain. Once the node is neutralized, the draining will stop. Once the core is destroyed, the match ends. Then the level resets like normal warfare. The cores are NOT and CANNOT be directly attacked.

SG: Siege - A siege map will have an attacking team & a defending team. The defending team will spawn in a large base housing their core. The attackers must destroy the bases defenses, infiltrate the base, & destroy the core. One or two nodes can be incorporated into this type of map to give the attackers more objectives to complete before attacking the main base. The attackers core will drain gradually over time so they have a limited amount of time (about 20 minutes) to accomplish the objectives.

CQ: Close Quarters - A close quarters style map will have multiple objectives to accomplish in a small area. Using stand alone (unlinked) countdown nodes that only have to be held for seconds to cause damage to the enemy core. These maps will be a single large building, warehouse, or small city, & have no vehicles.

CO: Conquest - A conquest map will be much like a siege but with 2 or more stand alone (unlinked) nodes. The object is to capture & hold the nodes. Held nodes damage the enemy core. The more nodes you have captured, the faster the enemy core drains.

DM: Death Match - Nothing to attack but the other teams players. When you kill an enemy it damages their core. The core is not attacked & there are no nodes.

The different types of maps gives players a different experience on each map instead of playing the same old game every map.

Comment

Okay, I checked it out last night (mostly against bots - briefly against Bubble and Ali Sergio). This is wicked awesome. I would so love to play on a full server of this (I hope this mod scales well without causing much extra lag though - I was hitting 110 ping just with myself and Bubble on the server).

Excellent job balancing the classes - I never could figure out what I wanted to be. I love the sniper rifle, I love that plasma grenade launcher gun (whatever its called), I love the healing field deployable and plasma detpacks - but they're all in different classes. So hard to choose :-). Furthermore, the new vehicles are fun and crazy!

Oh, and the smoke effects look sweet! I didn't know UT3 could do that.

Comment

Thanks! I got a hand full of people over at hedsteem that I'll try to get on and play. I got some friends over at RIIP that will play too. The biggest problem is that most of us are old & have to work. I'm 42 and most of the others at hedsteem are either my age or older so we don't get to play till late evening or on the weekend.

Comment

Here's a peek at WAR-Warehouse-DM! I made this map for VCTF but converted it for Bloodshed!
                      http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/...ps915c2093.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
                        ...recap...
                        Excellent, thanks.

Lots of cool ideas there ... "Siege" especially sounds like a neat twist. ++

Comment

I got an idea for a cool Siege map but right now I'm trying to focus on converting some existing maps to get some variety on the server. My idea is a Stargate theme map with an attacking team that has to capture & hold the node that opens the stargate that will teleport them to the enemy homeworld where they will attack & destroy their base & core. It's going to take a lot of work since I'll be making the map from scratch but I do have a test map with working stargate ring teleporters & 2 videos. I made this back in 2010 but never did anything with it.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGPOBvYC7no
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL1BTq3pQeg

Comment

Here's a WAR-CTF prototype map. It has a central countdown node that has a 1 second countdown time. It has a hollow blocking volume around that to keep anyone from activating it by touching it. It has a shield static mesh around that for visual purposes. It has a trigger volume around that that will teleport a player holding the orb to the node then immediately teleport them back to the play area. The orb instantly caps the node for 1 second then does damage to the enemy core. The orbs are located in the enemy base. You have to infiltrate the enemy base, take your orb, & cap the center node to score! This setup could even be modified to play as a type of Bombing Run. I also have plans for a type of invasion map with neutral bots.
                            http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/he...tml?sort=3&o=0
                            http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/he...tml?sort=3&o=1

My goal in this project is to bring WARFARE, CTF, VCTF, DM, & even Bombing Run & Invasion players together on one server. It will offer something that everyone will enjoy & hopefully draw in new players.

Comment

I'm working on converting my very first UT3 map, Arena Of Death, to a BOMING RUN style. Where the flags used to be will be a countdown node with a shield that I talked about in the previous post. The goal is to get your orb to the enemy's goal (node) to score. In this type of map players will spawn WITH a translocator to navigate the map more freely. It plays like bombing run with 2 bombs or reverse ctf. The map is relatively small & the action is fast pace. I have another type I'm working on as well called Hold the Orb. No nodes in this one! Just grab your orb & stay alive! The enemy core takes damage as long as you're carrying the orb. When the orb gets dropped, the damage stops until it's picked up again!

Comment

Hold the orb sounds pretty sweet, I can't wait to try that with a bunch of folks....HOT POTATO!
                                The stargate map also sounds awesome.
                                It all sounds awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X