Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will try to play tomorrow great to see this!

Comment

Thank you Rumple! Odd thing is I don't think I've ever played on the hedsteem server before...no idea why they would ban me,
      Anywho, thank you again! It's awesome you still love the game enough to keep making stuff for the community. Gentlemen like you are far and few between.

Ger..Yes the real Skippy
      Ger? the Real .dll?

Comment

No prob! I've been getting a couple players here & there. I got 20 slots to fill. Maybe we can schedule a time when a bunch of people can get on all at once & give everything a good test.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
          No prob! I've been getting a couple players here & there. I got 20 slots to fill. Maybe we can schedule a time when a bunch of people can get on all at once & give everything a good test.

I tried playing it again I just can't get over the Dodge thing. Been doing it so long hard to get out of the habbit.

Comment

When it's all done there will be no UT3 vehicles. I'm tired of all the dodge & jumping around and wanted a more tactical type of gameplay utilizing cover, tactics, stealth, & teamwork.
            Slowing it down so players can use the arrow keys to move definitely makes it noob friendly. There are already plenty of games like that available with larger player bases.

IMO, Movement is what makes UT3 and the other UT titles what they are. Take that away and all you have are the weapons.

Comment

I checked it out a bit with the Real Skippy. The jetpacks are rad. That is all for now.

Comment

I'm tired of all the dodge & jumping around and wanted ... cover, tactics, stealth, & teamwork.
                WAT

The best Warfare players are always "utilizing cover, tactics, stealth, and teamwork" to full hilt ... by dodging and jumping around ... and being good at it.

Methinks "more tactical" is a ... shall we say, euphemism.

Comment

I'm just tired of dancing around each other shooting. I want to use cover and accuracy not speed & agility. This will also make the vehicles even more important. Anyways, I've made a breakthrough tonight. I don't know if you noticed but I force the default character on the server & for good reason. There is no team glow (players glow team colors from a distance). I made custom camo for the default model. I made a mutator that will change the camouflage pattern according to the type of map:
                  Snow maps will have Arctic camo, forest/jungle maps will have woodland camo, desert maps will have desert camo, & urban maps will have urban/dark neutral colors. This will be put on the server later in the week. Thanks for the interest in this project!

Comment

the reason it's hard for people to hit me is the fact I "dance" around. I also use cover, and rely on the fact that some one does not have the accuracy to hit my "dancing" feet. therefore, you have removed my acquired skillset, which i'd be happy to use in your environment. I love your vehicles, and weapons, but you've taken away the biggest thing in this game that seperates it from all the rest. thank you for removing the one thing that really defines this game to me in regards to any other shooter on the market. :/

I like the class based concept and the rest, but to me, in this already dying community, you've pushed me out.

Comment

Sorry you feel that way rek. Maybe after i get some more maps on there you'll give it a go. I got plans for some cool assault style maps.

Comment

Originally posted by rek View Post
                        the reason it's hard for people to hit me is the fact I "dance" around. I also use cover, and rely on the fact that some one does not have the accuracy to hit my "dancing" feet. therefore, you have removed my acquired skillset, which i'd be happy to use in your environment. I love your vehicles, and weapons, but you've taken away the biggest thing in this game that seperates it from all the rest.
                        This, exactly.

It's precisely the sim-athleticism of UT, compared with every yet-another-pretentious-“soldier game”, that has always made UT so much more compelling than almost anything else.

Altogether removing an entire game mechanic so as to shackle and straitjacket the otherwise fleet-of-foot players is an unfortunate decision. Someone more cynical than I might even wonder if it isn't — whether intentionally or coincidentally — also a craven, least-resistance way to tilt the playing field toward players too lazy to have learned those skills for themselves, and stick it to those who have.

But hey, I'm sure you've got a certain vision going here, and most importantly, what's to stop a modder from modding a moddable game that's meant to be modded. To each his own ... good luck.

Comment

I can dance. I'm just tired of dancing! I wanted to make a version of UT that's more of a futuristic war sim than tournament style play. If you've ever played hedsteem vctf you know how jumpy/dodgy I made the movement there. Hell I even gave the titans that capability. Same for greed mod i made for the RIIP clan.I'm bored with the linear gameplay of vctf & want to do something different. Taking the dodge away levels the playing field for players new to the game. It also makes cover objects more important. Your cover isn't who can dodge faster. I took away all the pickups in the maps. No health, no weapons. You're dependent on team mates to drop health regeneration deployables to stay alive. I'm working on a team communication system that will replace the taunt keys (J & K) to ask for a ride & for health. I want this to invoke teamwork, something that a lot of other game types don't offer. Games like vctf there are 2 basic types of player. Players that just want to rack up kills, & players that just want to cap flags. I've played vctf since 2004 and I'm simply bored with it. I know not everyone will like this. I'm not forcing ANYONE to play it. But I'm sure some people will enjoy playing something a little different without having to buy another game to do it.

Comment

Lots and lots of interesting and neat ideas. One of them makes it a non-starter for me personally, but I heartily applaud the creative effort.

Comment

Camo is a go! I got the new camo mutator on the server. It even changes the jetpacks camo to match the map. Gonna start work on a new map. I got a friend working on another map & should have a beta on the server this weekend.

Comment

This is really an impressive effort Rumple. Good to see people still putting time and energy into this game!

Comment

Working...
                                X