PC Gamer: Flak Cannon is the greatest gun in PC gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VACkillers View Post
    I've always loved the green plasma shooting Link Gun.... just a sensational piece of hardware inside a FPS
    Yep, my favorite too. It's great to use in close quarters because there's no splash damage. It's my weapon of choice, followed by the Shock Rifle, Rocket Launcher & Flak Cannon.

Comment

It's a friggin' SHOTGUN that fires entire shards of metal that bounce AROUND CORNERS, and it can eject the ENTIRE SHELL right at the enemy!!!

No brainer. Very few games come close to UT when it comes to brilliant weapon design.

Comment

Originally posted by Gameslaya View Post
        It's a friggin' SHOTGUN that fires entire shards of metal that bounce AROUND CORNERS, and it can eject the ENTIRE SHELL right at the enemy!!!

No brainer. Very few games come close to UT when it comes to brilliant weapon design.
        During the UT99 days. Flak Whores(myself being one) were accused of having less 'skill' than users of the Rocket Launcher or Shock Rifle. There were actual debates about this at the UT sites. I'm being serious.

Comment

"Less skill" has nothing to do with "Flak", and everything to do with "*****".

The ultimate weapon in UT is weapon selection.

Comment

It's a stock weapon, made to use. If you like it use it. Nothing wrong with having a preference and nothing wrong with using a weapon the devs provided.

Note that they were talking about the original flak, not any of the newer iterations.

Comment

Originally posted by Demo View Post
              It's a stock weapon, made to use. If you like it use it. Nothing wrong with having a preference and nothing wrong with using a weapon the devs provided.

Note that they were talking about the original flak, not any of the newer iterations.
              Do you think the original was more powerful?

Comment

Originally posted by MrBronx61 View Post
                During the UT99 days. Flak Whores(myself being one) were accused of having less 'skill' than users of the Rocket Launcher or Shock Rifle. There were actual debates about this at the UT sites. I'm being serious.
                That was actually my name before I shortened it to just Flak

Yes, I was less skilled than my clan-mates and used the flak almost exclusively (with the RL) until we switched to sniper arena. In UT2K4 I started using all of the weapons again and the flak became one of my least favorites, except in tight hallways where it's a no brainer.

Comment

no-brained by Flak Flak

‚⁌=‹ ⁖

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                    That was actually my name before I shortened it to just Flak

Yes, I was less skilled than my clan-mates and used the flak almost exclusively (with the RL) until we switched to sniper arena. In UT2K4 I started using all of the weapons again and the flak became one of my least favorites, except in tight hallways where it's a no brainer.
                    Hehe, well, I can imagine it's because hitscan weapons have an advantage in those wide default maps in UT2004. Also, bots are always faster with the Flak Cannon, not just using it, but also switching to it! Makes me cherish the moments in which I rip a bot into pieces with Flak shrapnels even more!
                    For some reason it's really easier to deal with players that hold a Flak Cannon than with bots...

Comment

tbh i cant tell which one is the greatest, but there s always one fiting to the situation, my fav is the shock riffle because it force you to work your accuracy to get spectacular kills....never the same fun in other FPS games...always the feeling to miss UT weapons

cant agree with" greatest in PC gaming"....fe...Flack & mini flak arent that nice in Hawken...

Comment

Having fiddled with various other games over the years, returning to the flak cannon is always agreeable. A quick bit of RL action is similarly helpful to those of us of a more spammy and less accurate pursuasion, but it doesn't cut through the opposition in quite such a satisfactory manner. The balance of weapons in UT3, compared with previous incarnations, is particularly good, so my reliance on those two weapons did diminish. Still, happy to endorse the 'flak is super' spirit.

/Exit posts about once a decade nowadays

Comment

From the Unreal Tournament Universe: Dual Enforcers. They may not be the most original or most effective, but something about grabbing two, 'gangsta-style' behind someone filling them up with lead... just a brutal way.

But maybe the Bio-gun could be on that list too; I do not know of any other game world that has a weapon that acts like it, especially in a fast paced environment such as UT, and loading it up with sludge and launching it all at once...

Probably would admit, the Flak Cannon is an excellent weapon. The Shotgun of the Future.

Comment

Working...
                          X