PC Gamer: Flak Cannon is the greatest gun in PC gaming

Hell yeah!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=_mKGha8Z8kI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbJdVmyQVec

What is your favourite weapon?

Flak canon is my favorite one in ut99!

Comment

http://ut3stats.dfbgaming.com/index....ubpage=weapons

according to this, it's my favorite i think...other than avrils...

rek70's favorite is rox.

Comment

Flak is the best to take down a node at close range.
        My alltime favorite is Shock Rifle for ut99 and ut3.

Comment

Flak and Shock all the way.

Comment

shox rox and flax ... in no particular order

I loves me UT1/2/3 like children, equally ... but Flak never quite re-achieved the "crispness" it had in UT1/99; by comparison UT3's Flak feels downright laggy, to a particularly unforgiving extent when the network is anything less than LAN quality. In the next UT which won't ever happen this will need to get tuned up again.

Rockets have a really good "heaviness" to them in UT3, which was diminished in UT2, where rockets were a bit too light and "bouncy". In each game I wish a way had been found to make the grenades-mode more useful than they were, like have them explode on taking damage, so you could e.g. drop a trio of grenades into a space and then follow with a rocket to detonate any one of them, which would in turn detonate any others nearby.

Shock is great right down the line, in each game, each in its own way. UT3's felt a touch imprecise at first, but you get used to it before too long. While having nothing to do with gameplay, the vortex effect was a really good piece of work.

Comment

Shock rifle is undoubtedly the best weapon for me!

Comment

Yay!

Comment

Flak Cannon is my favourite too. Seems to take down nodes faster than the rocket launcher.

Comment

For me, tie between the Hammer of UT2004 and Shock from UT3...

Comment

I've always loved the green plasma shooting Link Gun.... just a sensational piece of hardware inside a FPS

Comment

The shock combo is one of the classics in gaming, IMHO. And don't forget it's the gun for instagib, and especially instagib bombing run and its second "boost" shot.

Shock Rifle gets my vote. The Flak is a spam wep by comparison.

Comment

Also, if Grenade Launcher wasn't used a lot for camp-spam, it would be (and is, depending on who uses it) really cool and strategic weapon. Lightning Gun is also pretty awsome <- Both UT2K4

Comment

Saw this. Made me smile and search for my copy. Turns out my brother lost the disc, I've only got the manual disc....

Comment

Will always love the pulse rifle / link gun.

Also miss the lightning gun.

Comment

Working...
                              X