Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Epic Warfare #2 now a DM server? is it being fixed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Veggie has a good point; maybe just 2 bots per team would suit the warfare setup, but it might be best to post a quick poll of other interested warfare players ?
    However in the spirit of getting people back on the warfare server, if you could add at least the first 2+2 bots now & people can decide on the final numbers in due course?
    Cheers, JPJ

Comment

When a single player joins an empty warfare server, there should be enough bots for a 3v3 warmup match. It was setup pretty good before. At a minimum, bots should be at the adept level so they can find the nodes.

Now it's a 32 player DM server, must be a problem with the startup script. It must restart as a DM server. Hopefully they have a backup.

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
        When a single player joins an empty warfare server, there should be enough bots for a 3v3 warmup match. It was setup pretty good before. At a minimum, bots should be at the adept level so they can find the nodes.
        Most of what a high bot skill does is in warfare is just make them more wtfbotlike with aim. Their node-finding, mobility, and teamwork are just as novice-stupid no matter what skill setting you choose, and those are the things that make or break the simulation in warfare ... which is why I suggest keeping the count very low, if not zero, so as to get rid of them ASAP.

Comment

You need more bots on a Warfare server, enough for some sort of scrim at least, or the first player or two onto the server get bored pretty quick if no one comes in right away.

I just tried the 2v2, it's meh. The bots sure looked pretty stupid to me, maybe it's subjective-- just sayin'.

E.g., an enemy bot got the orb at the middle of downtown and started taking off for the next node, even though I was right there. It ran away from me towards the next node and didn't even turn to try to fight me off as I shot it from behind. I've seen the bots do stupid stuff, esp. with the tank on the same map, but that took the cake.

Comment

Originally posted by [S]JZL View Post
            You need more bots on a Warfare server, enough for some sort of scrim at least, or the first player or two onto the server get bored pretty quick if no one comes in right away.

I just tried the 2v2, it's meh. The bots sure looked pretty stupid to me, maybe it's subjective-- just sayin'.

E.g., an enemy bot got the orb at the middle of downtown and started taking off for the next node, even though I was right there. It ran away from me towards the next node and didn't even turn to try to fight me off as I shot it from behind. I've seen the bots do stupid stuff, esp. with the tank on the same map, but that took the cake.
            You left right before I joined. It filled up pretty quick. Then the custom maps killed the server.

Comment

Working...
            X