No announcement yet.

The longest match you ever experienced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me probably suspense necris and onyx coast, 45mins to 1hr after that it gets tedious.

Comment

Hmm, 45min is nothing unusual even these days on Suspense (though I have to admit, I never played the Necris version online, but pretty sure it's not that much different with players than the regular one, just that there are Necris vehicles too). That makes the map not even boring after all these times - personal opinion. People may disagree. Of course some more variety is always welcome.

Comment

This doesn't really qualify as the game I experienced and is not about UT3, but still. Sometime in 2005-6 I was making a mutator inspired by OLStats, which would generate a play-by-play HTML log of a game. To test it I was running a mix of game modes with Godlike bots for the whole day, while I was away at the institute.

One day I saw a game of 6v6 CTF on some remake of CTF-November (not the stock map, this had classic layout). Regulation time quickly ran out, and when I left for institute it was well into OT. When I came back home I was surprised to see that the match was still not over! Finally I was able to see that at the end of 11th hour of the OT blue team managed to capture the flag.

I still have the log and summary of that game somewhere on my HDD.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
          Hmm, 45min is nothing unusual even these days on Suspense (though I have to admit, I never played the Necris version online, but pretty sure it's not that much different with players than the regular one, just that there are Necris vehicles too). That makes the map not even boring after all these times - personal opinion. People may disagree. Of course some more variety is always welcome.
          I would like if in suspense necris they would give us the hellbender instead of the SPMA. The SPMA in that map is rather weak, they barely give a good spot to use and its wide open to fire making it an ineffective vehicle. Meanwhile they get 2 Nemesis, I would change one Nemesis for a Scavenger that way the map would be more balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by Corrupt View Post
            I would like if in suspense necris they would give us the hellbender instead of the SPMA. The SPMA in that map is rather weak, they barely give a good spot to use and its wide open to fire making it an ineffective vehicle. Meanwhile they get 2 Nemesis, I would change one Nemesis for a Scavenger that way the map would be more balanced.
            It's worse on PS3. Blue has two nemesis, but shockingly, red doesn't have any SPMA
            This is because in the editor the SPMA has the setting IgnoreonPS3=true.

Comment

Originally posted by slik_sh00ter View Post
              It's worse on PS3. Blue has two nemesis, but shockingly, red doesn't have any SPMA
              This is because in the editor the SPMA has the setting IgnoreonPS3=true.
              It must be terrible to play UT3 on the PS3, with the lack of vehicles. Also what's the limit on the number of players or bots that can play in the maps on the PS3?

Comment

Def had 2-3 hour games on ctf quite a few times

Comment

Originally posted by Corrupt View Post
                  It must be terrible to play UT3 on the PS3, with the lack of vehicles. Also what's the limit on the number of players or bots that can play in the maps on the PS3?
                  Up to 16 bots and players. The servers are always laggy, but I find I'm actually decent on PS3 rather than PC. Anyone who has played Warfare with me, knows I am quite the n00b.

Comment

Working...
                  X