The longest match you ever experienced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The longest match you ever experienced

What was the longest match in UT3 that you ever had? Name time and gametype please.

I just had mine, vCTF on the T.L.G.S.E. Suspense Only server, whew. It's 23:32 here, the match was 3:13h overtime from what I saw at the end and 35 minutes playtime, which make a total of 3:48h!

Big thanks to the admin BVM_OP, was a great time! I really want a demo of it now... The red team (in which I was) won, too bad I couldn't do the last cap... 2-1 for the red team, the blue guys did a very good job too!
    I can proudly say, I stayed till the end! Maybe the longest match ever - or maybe not. But certainly the most balanced one I ever had!

PS: The server was non-stop full!

I remember a warfare game once where it was first to 5 points wins. I'm pretty sure it went overtime every round and red won a round then blue, then red and so on. I'd say if every round was 25 minutes times 9 rounds it took to get to 5 points for one team, 25 x 9 = 225 minutes. Over 3:30 hours! It was a long time ago, so it may have been shorter than I think.

Comment

Suspense as always those kind of Matches, and so did vCTF-Corruption.
      Here is an old screeshot from Bloody.Bender on one of the longest WAR matches:
      http://i41.tinypic.com/24xfgwk.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Izan4gi View Post
        Suspense as always those kind of Matches, and so did vCTF-Corruption.
        Here is a screeshot from Bloody.Bender on one of the longest WAR matches:
        http://i41.tinypic.com/24xfgwk.jpg
        Yup, I remeber someone on a Corruption match years ago joking "Hey, is this game going to Saturday or something?" I think it was a Monday or Tuesday I played the match, but it was over withing an hour.

Comment

I almost turned my Xbox off in a TDM match where a party of 5 in quick match on the map Gondala all had scorchers on the top of the map (so each of them waited for scorcher to spawn) and they waited for my team to come up. But me and my team got killed a bunch so we waited for them on the bottom of the match so me and my team just talked about random stuff until the match ended lol.

Comment

Played a 4 hours match on Containment (VCTF) with 32 players ... it was UT3 1.1 ^^.

Comment

I remember a Corruption VCTF match that had 6+ players in the 800 point range - must have been over 4 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by xeanderthal View Post
                I remember a Corruption VCTF match that had 6+ players in the 800 point range - must have been over 4 hours.
                Yeah we had many long corruption maps. I think there was a 6 hour one. The good ol days.

Comment

I played a domination game and it took over 1 hour

Comment

Kargo, and corruption seem t ostick out in my mind as maps where the match took forever. with anecdotal evidence to support such memories.

i also recall there being some rediculous long overtime matches on Feelgood.

Comment

gawd... on a server with >12 players connected it should not be possible to vote for Corruption :c

or LostCause
                      or Morbid
                      or Sentinel
                      or RisingSun
                      or ...

Cramming too many players into too small or narrow a space was what ruined the quality of gameplay more than anything else that doesn't involve trolling or other asshattery.

Some of the custom stupid-maps (e.g. Microcarnage, Spambox) are plenty terrible but they could get away with high player counts because they'd always at least finish quickly. Those crazy-long matches on certain stock maps where everyone gets silly-high scores were a big waste of time and energy — when one did finally finish most everyone was just dazed for a while, like, "well I guess that was fun...." =/

But by comparison, get the right number of folks on a map well designed for that amount ... such a joy.

Comment

maroathon corruption matches were in the first year or two form launch.

Comment

Oh yeah, Feelgood and Kargo...

Comment

The game was UT99 Capture-the-Flag (back when thousands of people could be found online 24/7). The map was CTF-November on a server that did not have a time limit but a capture limit (TheGameBox.net). I remember playing for about an hour or two and then quitting to go out to dinner with my folks. When I came back people were still playing that same game! I think it ended up going on for about 4 or 5 hours until one of the teams scored a 5th cap.

Comment

Oh well, lets contribute for the hell of it =).
                              I remember once getting a bit more than 1000 points on Tankcrossing ( i fixed my goal to reach 1k and then to gtfo the server). "wtf fixing a goal and leaving then???", yes, actually server went full ret4rd mode and the timelimit/caplimit got borked somehow and the match was actually never ending!
                              I played 3-4 hours, reach this 1k and left, match was still running and server was a-f-a-i-r always full, i guess it lasted until the moment server got restarted it could have last 10+ hours i guess =) .

Comment

Working...
                              X