Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epic War server lags every night at 9:00PM and 10:00PM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by UTPlayer529th View Post
    I see a few people have used some sort of ping plotter to see what's the what.

This, by any chance, isn't effecting the Greed server is it? I noticed some odd lag recently.. bout a few days ago.. early in the week? 4.20-23.13
    Download pingplotterand start a trace to the Greed server (8.12.17.12)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I see a few people have used some sort of ping plotter to see what's the what.

This, by any chance, isn't effecting the Greed server is it? I noticed some odd lag recently.. bout a few days ago.. early in the week? 4.20-23.13

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The continuous lag is caused by comcast illinois backbone switch:
    173.167.57.126, aka as4436.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net
    Click image for larger version

Name:	8.12.22.124.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	3249823

I'm getting 5-20%PL from that one hop.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The lag was very bad last 2 nights, all the time I was on it. Last night it got to the point where I had to disconnect around 10:40 east coast time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the last 2 days lag is caused by
    173.167.57.126, aka as4436.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net
    Click image for larger version

Name:	8.12.22.124.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	3249823

for the regularly scheduled lag, however, I have a tracert that shows no problem while the lag is occuring... almost like its not network related but a serverside issue. Perhaps requesting it gets moved to a different server? One in Denver would be nice.

Oldy, I haven't been able to capture a tracert at the time of the problem but the moments when there are lag looks pretty much like the times there isnt any lag.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any idea what the crazy pings are about the last 2 days including today? I know Barrr, shanexx & a few others are having issues as well. Today even with an empty server its hard as hell to even play. I normally have a ping of 60-90ish depending on server load, now its bouncing around 200+ Like barrrs was yesterday :/ resulting in a little packet loss. I have tried a few other servers & had no issues, so its not my net. Even reset modem, router & changed my Ip for ****s n giggles & had no effect.. =UT3A= Burgh Gaming seems to be the best running War server

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Veggie_D View Post
    If people's reports are accurate, that it happens regularly and precisely on the hour at 0000 and 0100 ET for about ten seconds each time ... must not there be some scheduled task on the OS that's interrupting service?

aaaaaaaaaaaaomgpayattentiontomeeeeeeomgz[/SIZE=999][/B][/CENTER]
    I completely agree, it has got to be some sort of OS task that is scheduled to run at that time. I doubt there is an actual problem that tracerts will help discover, but it does make sense that they want to see them before helping as the majority of the issues they troubleshoot, tracerts are extremely useful.

I think a datacenter admin will just find some sort of automated task is running at that time, or somewhere close enough that affects the servers innernets connection.

Escalating the issue to those people who know UT servers is probably a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Right right, I know it's because they're asking you for the traces ... I'm just afraid of them wasting your time, given the apparent nature of the problem.

(btw I did not actually mean "payattentiontomeeeeeee[/]", that was a rib into wikkid's post )

GJ/GL/TY @ flak & oldy ... this stuff is no fun

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ask for your ticket to be escalated to Jake Bauer or some guy named Brandon something. They are about the only ones there that know anything about UT servers or even give a ****. If they don't ever get assigned to your ticket be prepared for a never ending circle jerk of never finding anything wrong. Definitely request Jake first though, I get the feeling he might actually even be a gamer lol. Good luck though, because in the end they will probably just recommend that you move the server lol.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Veggie_D View Post
    If people's reports are accurate, that it happens regularly and precisely on the hour at 0000 and 0100 ET for about ten seconds each time ... must not there be some scheduled task on the OS that's interrupting service?

I have paid attention, what you don't know is that the server provider needs me to send tracert's over to them to even look into it, so without them, they won't look into anything. So again someone get tracert's and send them to me and I'll send them then they will actually do something. I have sent several tickets in and each time its the same thing, its not happening now so send it when its happening.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Epic, change the f*ing host, for the servers.

Save everyone some time and switch the servers.

Do people really need to turn into *ssholes, just so they are heard... no wait...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you all could send tracert's to my inbox on here that would be awesome. If I can send them multiple traces it will only make them do it more. So when it happens tracert the server from ur command line and copy and paste it and send it to me on here I'll gather them all and send them all in one. It can only help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The Baby of Beerdrinkers remote-crashing the server is about as likely as the server being crashed by Polish's Mantaddiction.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jack_Move View Post
    Think it may have anything to do with jarred doing things to server ?
    Well, jarred was spamming last night. It didn't seem to affect the server that much.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X