Most and Least Favourite Campaign Mission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most and Least Favourite Campaign Mission

For those of you who have played the UT3 campaign, which mission(s) did you love the most and which mission(s) did you have a frustrating time and / or didn't like?

Least favourites for me it would have to be WAR-Torlan-Leviathan and DM-Heatray (when blue only gets the darkwalker).

Being able to only drive one leviathan and not being able to take any vipers is frustrating.
    The darkwalker makes the match much more difficult.

Favourites: downtown, sentinel

For me the last map when you face Akasha(I think I misspelled), the 1 vs 1 most boring map ever played and the War-Onyx coast, I hate how my bots get stock in the Leviathan entrance. They pretty much give the advantage to the opposite team, they get 5 vehicles and we get 3. It would be nice if they at least give us one scorpion.

Comment

Originally posted by Corrupt View Post
      For me the last map when you face Akasha(I think I misspelled), the 1 vs 1 most boring map ever played and the War-Onyx coast, I hate how my bots get stock in the Leviathan entrance. They pretty much give the advantage to the opposite team, they get 5 vehicles and we get 3. It would be nice if they at least give us one scorpion.
      Yeah, at least you've got mantas. In the PS3 version, all you got is the leviathan. However, blue only has 1 darkwalker, so I guess it sort of evens out.

Comment

Of course the best mission had to be versus Akasha.

Comment

Oh I forgot the ctf of vertebrae my god, what a pain it is to win. Get the flag, kill the bots on top, while you go down only for the bots to respawn at the bottom waiting for you. Meanwhile your team of bots get stuck in the small room where the berserk power up is. Clearly they didn't test this map for ctf. I have no problem with Akasha as the last boss but why in a such dinky map with no hazards? In the previews ut's it took place in a space ship so danger from falling into space or getting blow up by Xan or other, so the map was perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by slik_sh00ter View Post
            Yeah, at least you've got mantas. In the PS3 version, all you got is the leviathan. However, blue only has 1 darkwalker, so I guess it sort of evens out.
            That sucks, didn't know that. What are the differences between the pc and the ps3/360?

Comment

i had less troubles with vertebrae than torlan levi. and i shudder to think how difficult the akasha fight would be on insane.

Comment

That sucks, didn't know that. What are the differences between the pc and the ps3/360?
                I think the 360 and pc are the same in terms of the same number of vehicles, but I'm sure.
                PS3 seems to be a little "stripped" in terms of stuff. Suspense, there's no SPMA, (but on Suspense Necris, blue has their nemesis )
                Containment there's no scorpions, necropolis there's no nemesis, when you pick up deemer, you can't switch to another weapon, among others...
                In fact in the Unreal Editor, the vehicles have a setting you can check called: IgnoreonPS3?

But, unlike on Xbox360, you can have custom maps

Comment

Originally posted by slik_sh00ter View Post
                  I think the 360 and pc are the same in terms of the same number of vehicles, but I'm sure.
                  PS3 seems to be a little "stripped" in terms of stuff. Suspense, there's no SPMA, (but on Suspense Necris, blue has their nemesis )
                  Containment there's no scorpions, necropolis there's no nemesis, when you pick up deemer, you can't switch to another weapon, among others...
                  In fact in the Unreal Editor, the vehicles have a setting you can check called: IgnoreonPS3?

But, unlike on Xbox360, you can have custom maps
                  I haven't check the Unreal Editor with that option in the vehicles settings, kind of strange(missing stuff, so much for the blue ray discs). What about the graphics? do they allowed to play in 720p or 1080p?

Comment

I haven't check the Unreal Editor with that option in the vehicles settings, kind of strange(missing stuff, so much for the blue ray discs). What about the graphics? do they allowed to play in 720p or 1080p?
                    I'm not sure about that, but I would guess it's less than PC. I think UT3 for PS3 is stripped down because it takes a lot to run it. I've played splitscreen, and my PS3 sometimes will freeze, (this has happened many times). I think this is another reason PS3 UT3 has so few players these days...

Comment

Originally posted by rek View Post
                      i had less troubles with vertebrae than torlan levi. and i shudder to think how difficult the akasha fight would be on insane.
                      The fight with Akasha wasn't as hard as you think. I played it with two people though on PS3.

Comment

Forgot to mention, why is that we have to search for the AVL in Vctf and Warfare? They have no idea how annoying it is to look for that particular weapon when you are getting attack with vehicles. Very upset

Comment

Forgot to mention, why is that we have to search for the AVL in Vctf and Warfare? They have no idea how annoying it is to look for that particular weapon when you are getting attack with vehicles. Very upset
                          Well, if everyone started off with the AVRiL then getting into a manta or viper is suicide. You would get in the vehicle, then simply get AVRiLed as soon as you even came close to the enemy base. There would be AVRiL's flying around all over the place.
                          On another note, I tried to put AVRiL's in the weapon lockers of my map WAR-Port29, but the editor told me is should not be done. I'm not really sure why

Comment

In Warfare I think Avrils in lockers can be ok, depending on the level's design. If a power node is in some disadvantaged location like deep in a valley or something, where it's easy for attackers to fly in frequently and without warning, then it can be a good addition.

Take Avalanche for example, which "hides" Avrils more than any other stock map: they're only at the Cores, and even if you're there it's a 10-second detour every time just to fetch the Avril and get on your way.

There are good reasons to make powerful weapons scarce and therefore valuable, but Avalanche takes that mechanic a bit too far, and that's a case where I think the gameplay would be improved if Avrils were added to the lockers at the Prime Nodes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Veggie_D View Post
                              In Warfare I think Avrils in lockers can be ok, depending on the level's design. If a power node is in some disadvantaged location like deep in a valley or something, where it's easy for attackers to fly in frequently and without warning, then it can be a good addition.

Take Avalanche for example, which "hides" Avrils more than any other stock map: they're only at the Cores, and even if you're there it's a 10-second detour every time just to fetch the Avril and get on your way.

There are good reasons to make powerful weapons scarce and therefore valuable, but Avalanche takes that mechanic a bit too far, and that's a case where I think the gameplay would be improved if Avrils were added to the lockers at the Prime Nodes as well.
                              Totally agree on the avalanche situation, having to go up to the tower to get an AVRiL when vipers are pounding the core is a bit too far, but like anything, there must be a balance..

Comment

Working...
                              X