Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Presenting: The GALAXYPUGs UT3 North American Community!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Presenting: The GALAXYPUGs UT3 North American Community!

Welcome to GALAXYPUGs!!

Novaz, Captainflaccid(Neil), and L.S.D.GoD have been at hard work the past month making ideas and plans to revive the competitive portion of Unreal Tournament 3, on the North American side, at least. Those ideas have finally come true, however, when we have been pugging nightly the past two weeks at #UT3PUGS on globalgamers.

Thanks to Neil, we have an official website with all the information:

http://www.galaxypugs.com/

This website is still under construction, but will have all of the following:
    • Rules
    • Maps
    • News on the community
    • Forum link to ProUnreal
    • How to use mIRC
    • Link To IRC
    • Weekly Polls on community-changing events
    • Server Information

For those who want all of the maps on the servers without having to "wait to download" the maps in-game, we have saved your life, here you go,

GALAXY MAP PACK

We are located on #ut3pugs @ irc.globalgamers.net For those who want directions on how to connect, click here.

Here are the gametypes we support on GALAXYPUGs community:
    • DUEL
    • 2v2 TDM
    • 3v3 TDM
    • 4v4 TDM (Default)
    • 3v3 CTF
    • 4v4 CTF
    • 5v5 CTF (Default)

Also, duels can be easily found on the #ut3pugs channel, just ask!

We have a ventrillo server for now, but we are looking to convert to TeamSpeak 3 very soon!
    vent2.gamespeak.com
    Port: 4443
    Password=password
    Feel free to join!

For now, we have 5 servers associated with the GalaxyPUGs community.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IP1:
    The Galaxy | Chicago | DM/Duel/TDM/CTF/VCTF [80 Tick] ut3://74.91.124.109:7777:6500
    12 Slot Competitive Server

IP2:
    The Galaxy | Dallas | DM/Duel/TDM/CTF/VCTF 14,1 ut3://74.91.120.136:7777
    12 Slot Competitive Server

IP3:
    The Slipgate [Dallas 1v1 + CTF] ut3://66.150.214.205:7777
    6 Slot Duel Server

IP4:
    [cQ]2 West Coast Public Duel/DM/TDM/CTF 14,1 ut3://66.151.138.202:7777
    6 Slot Duel Server

IP5:
    [ToJ]Christian Carnage ut3://66.55.158.4:7777
    16 Slot Multi-gametype Competitive server

PUB1:
    The Galaxy | TDM | New York
    ut3://galaxy.game.nfoservers.com:7777
    4v4 Public TDM
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Servers to come in future:

16 Slot VCTF Server (Chicago)

10 Slot CTF Server (Chicago)

8 Slot TDM Pub (New York)

Anyhow, come join the fun!

http://prounreal.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=259 <---------------OFFICIAL FORUM OF GALAXYPUGs COMMUNITY EVERYBODY THANK PROUNREAL!

Too bad for me, its pc.

I'm on 360. Would love to see that come back.

Comment

Added new TDM server, also, forum link. Website has been updated as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Brash Smurf View Post
        Too bad for me, its pc.

I'm on 360. Would love to see that come back.
        what gametypes do you play on 360? i havent seen you before?

Comment

Console players are raiding my thread...no!!!!

Comment

lolz, the horror!

hey, lmk which ip addresses are current..

MMMMMiint!

Comment

ggg g gg gg ggg g gg gggg's last night! Wish I could've stayed later for the CTF PUG!

Thanks again for the work you guys have done to get this all up and running. Looks like we're gonna have a steady stream of PUG's coming in. Anyone who's been thinking about joining but hasn't, JUST DO IT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well I decided to join in as a spectator and on the IRC chat yesterday. But sadly Novaz tried to force me to install Ventrillo, even though I told him I did not have a microphone. So he decided to just kick me out and not let me play in the pug... sigh. Come on guys, you want to bring back a dead game yet kick out the people who want to play with you just because they don't have a mic? Seriously... thats really unfair. I wish I could have played since I love to use teamwork and play competitive matches in game modes like CTF. But oh well...

Comment

I predict that this project will not merely crash and burn, but completely fail to get off the ground. It must be difficult to have an active pug channel when very few people play the game to begin with.

Comment

I'll play every night tbo. I'd even play 2v2.

Novaz, I think you (or Niel, etc.) should consider putting WREX on the server(s). We all wait like 15mins for the pug to start anyway, so it wouldn't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post
                      I predict that this project will not merely crash and burn, but completely fail to get off the ground. It must be difficult to have an active pug channel when very few people play the game to begin with.
                      This. I give it 6 months.

Comment

Just to respond to some of the replies here:

Novaz, L.S.D.GøD and I have all talked about what happened. The call to remove RaptorKC from the pug was purely Novaz choice. I publicly expressed my discontent with this decision and so did L.S.D.GøD. While RaptorKC apparently has a history of cheating, I wanted to have higher standards and allow him to play so that he could prove whether or not he could be a good player. Sadly, we were not given this opportunity. From this point forward, we will try not to discriminate without just cause.

Secondly, Ventrilo / Teamspeak is not required for pugging. This is just something that was being propagated that day in the IRC channel. (For what reason, I don't know). If you look at this page here: http://www.galaxypugs.com/showcasear...or-anyone.html you will see that it says:

You're not required to join our Ventrilo server, but it is the best way to properly communicate with everyone. Stopping to type in the game takes precious time and could get you fragged. Join us on Ventrilo and hang out, you'll get to know some pretty cool people while you're there.
                        This will be changed to say "Teamspeak" instead of Ventrilo because we now have a Teamspeak server.

Lastly, I don't know a lot about WREX, but from what I do know, it's required to be installed on your PC before you play a game. This is a big no no. All files will be pushed out from the server and since WREX does not function without being manually installed on a per user basis, it will not be included. If this behavior is ever changed, then it will be considered.

Eventually, RaptorKC was allowed to play but I was not there so I can't say anything about what transpired that day.

A lot of time and money is going into this project so I do invite everyone to try and give Galaxy PUGs a chance. There may be some problems getting off the ground, but I have a lot of faith in this project.

Comment

Originally posted by Neillithan View Post
                          Lastly, I don't know a lot about WREX, but from what I do know, it's required to be installed on your PC before you play a game. This is a big no no. All files will be pushed out from the server and since WREX does not function without being manually installed on a per user basis, it will not be included. If this behavior is ever changed, then it will be considered.
                          That's too bad. I'm not sure what you mean by "all files will be pushed out from the server," but I've never ran a server. Maybe UT4 will have an anticheat. And just maybe UT4 will come out before I die.

Comment

I played a game last night and it was fun, even though I wandered aimlessly around the map (I think it was Tempest). It seemed like a maze. I guess I'll eventually learn some TDM maps aside from Deck and Defiance.

Comment

Working...
                            X