Unreal tournament 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Indeed EPIC are just about the one of the LAST developers that do actually provide the mod tools to help create the awesome community that we have today, Every other developer and publishers out there is going towards this online only model or free-to-play horse ***** which completely and utterly limits what you can actually do with a game thats permamently connected to an online server. ie. Battlefield 3 / Generals 2 / Diablo 3 / Starcraft 2 to name a couple. With the new generation consoles around the corner, i am more then sure the likes of mark reign and cliffy b have already seen some version of the next gen and what exactly they are capable of, making sure their new engine can at least run on them, I just hope they dont delve to the trend that seems to be rocking the industry right now (in a bad way) as statements from both sony AND microsoft have said you will no longer be able to rent games for the next gen. Shipping a game with modding tools or releasing modding tools for a game really really helps the game evolve to its absolute maximum potential, when you start restricting it, the game can very quickly die off fast in a space of a year.

Epics Fortnight to me, seems like a good game, have hardly seen much about it to really comment on it all that much, but I do feel they are trying to showcase something a little different, to show what the engine can actually do, and thats not only your stereo-typical tripple A tittle, it can do anything you want, and EPIC does generate so much revenue from giving out their game engine, there is so many games out there that use Unreal Engine 3, i think s7urm is correct in saying its more of a test, a good test, but still a test.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    DJ CARNIV AL - a very interesting and valid opinion, certainly a thing to consider.

Azimuth0001 - this is what I thought as well and I brought this up in a similar discussion, but when you are dealing with A-list games, you have to be aware of the situation around PCs and how are they going to deal with UE4.
    If UE4 proves to be as scalable (able to run on mid-range to high-end PCs without any major problems and the quality/performance is acceptable) and awesome as we have seen, they will be sure to bring up some new titles of the franchise.

I see Fortnite as a test and I wanted to make a topic in the Fortnite subforum about it, but I think it's rather early. If Fortnite proves successful in performance and financially, this will be a green light for UE4 developers everywhere and EPIC will have a greater confidence when creating and branding a product under the family name of Unreal Tournament. It might not even be called Unreal Tournament 4... and I could see this happening, I mean Unreal is a common household name in the gaming industry, but times change and the brand should evolve. You can imagine this:

Some random guy: Unreal Tournament 4? I haven't played the first 3.
    (Needless to say there are some chronological discrepancies that might confuse people who haven't read the company's extensive history).

What I will strongly disagree with are piracy excuses. Everybody's games get pirated.. the solution is to create a good protection around the game (but not obtrusive to players who have bought the game), to create a strong community (which is already handled in this case), to show love and support for the community and the games (constant updates, fixes and free dlc are a must these days... valve does it and its games get pirated 24/7).

Why I believe in the PC is because EPIC constantly provides the tools to PC modders (which are PC games) thus empowering the community.
    I believe most of us feel this way, at least that is my observation. Unfortunately I wasn't around the UT3 launch, but I read that there were some issues at the start. Most of them seem resolved now.

These are just some of my general thoughts about this...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am a PC gamer, for this i think that this platform is ready for a new Unreal tournament 4, but I'm sad to know that what prevents the production of a new unreal is the current generation of consoles

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by s7urm View Post
    Epic currently are developing a PC exclusive title and PCs are the future for gaming.
    Fortnite is the PC exclusive. It looks to be a good game, but Epic holds ownership of some very well knows franchises that would draw a lot of name recognition. I have to wonder why they didn't choose a title from the "A list" to show of their new engine. The only conclusion I can draw is that Epic does not want to waste a good name on what they consider to be a sub-par system.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post
    The reason why we need a UT4 is because, if it were good, it would bring hundreds of thousands of new people online. I love UT99, but few people are playing a game that's 13 years old. Hence, that's why it would be good if we could get a UT99-2.
    A hi-res update (similar to what Halo anniversary did) would boost the online player base but would cost a packet to set up :/

I'm hoping to bring together more of the xbox360 ut3 together, and PC when I get a copy, but its hard work. The various communities need to join and share their love for the game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I dont think PC's or consoles are the future of anything, the way development seems to be headed is a hybrid of the 2. Powerful console like mini-multimedia centers with PC like software, games downloaded to HD and played on modern hi res HDTv's. The next gen Xbox & PS are leading toward that route. They are also a vast amount cheaper than the ever upgrading PC's and at the end of the day its about sales, with the current economic climate setting the scene for the foreseable future I imagine the market will start to slow down in all areas and only the cheaper options will thrive.

Guess we'll have to wait and see though!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The reason why we need a UT4 is because, if it were good, it would bring hundreds of thousands of new people online. I love UT99, but few people are playing a game that's 13 years old. Hence, that's why it would be good if we could get a UT99-2.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can see it now... they are going to tie in 2014 with Unreal Tournament 4, lol.
    This means that Half-Life 3 is coming out in 2013, f- yeah logic!

I wouldn't focus on UT4. UT3 still delivers. =)

http://www.tgdaily.com/business-and-...games%E2%80%9D

This is a rather odd interview. The statements are bold, but everything seems so out of place.
    Epic currently are developing a PC exclusive title and PCs are the future for gaming. They have directly contributed to this... if Valve manage to harness the power of Linux, Epic games will follow suit and UT4 on Linux would be.. how should I say... EPIC.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My best guess is that UT 4 will be released around the time that the new consoles are in the stores. Unreal is a great name brand, but PCs are not where Epic wants to go with it.

The following quote was from a few years ago and the entire conversation can be found here

"G Daily: Broken down, that means today’s mainstream PCs aren’t suitable for gaming?"
    "Sweeney: Exactly. PCs are good for anything, just not games."

In my opinion, UT4 will be ported to PC at best, and a console exclusive at worst. Enjoy UT3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You'll be waiting a long long time for another Unreal Tournament as epic has already stated what their first game is going to be using the new Unreal Engine 4, which to this date, is the only game getting released next year thats even using the Unreal Engine 4, you are looking at 2014 at the absolute earliest for that and thats if they even make another one, they haven't even said they would yet. Just enjoy what UT3 has to offer right now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you might be waiting a long time...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Josivan88 View Post
    I am a big fan of unreal tournament, follow since "the return to napali", and when the unreal tournament 3 came out in 2007, I was very happy, and still play this game split screen with my friends, it's been five years that this game out and i watch anxiously for a UNREAL TOURNAMENT 4, maybe using the unreal engine 4, would be really incredible.
    If your an Xbox360 edition player then keep your eyes on this forum as I'll be organising a tournament for the EGFC soon

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Unreal tournament 4

Unreal tournament 4

I am a big fan of unreal tournament, follow since "the return to napali", and when the unreal tournament 3 came out in 2007, I was very happy, and still play this game split screen with my friends, it's been five years that this game out and i watch anxiously for a UNREAL TOURNAMENT 4, maybe using the unreal engine 4, would be really incredible.
Working...
X