X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*NEW SERVER* [PRO] vCTF WEST

VCTF WEST PRO SERVER

IP: 64.34.127.142:7777
    (or find us in the VCTF section. Pls add us to your Favorites!)

We are making an effort at reviving the VCTF scene. This new server encourages non-spam competitive VCTF and skilled gameplay.

Server Information:

Current Mutators:
    • Hitsounds (can be toggled on/off)
    • Nerfed Stinger

Current Map List:
    • Necropolis
    • Sandstorm
    • Suspense
    • Kargo
    • Rails
    • Satellite-V2
    • GoldDigger_SE
    • Megastructure_SE
    • Electro
    • Skyscraper-NightFire
    • Aim_ArenaOfDeath_NS
    • CanalWarfareLE
    • TrainCrossing
    • AnarchyHalls_Coda
    • More maps coming soon! You may request specific maps in this thread...

Yes, we are making an effort at reviving the US VCTF scene. This is doable if we gather the remaining active US players on the same server. Currently the active players are spread out over different servers. And some will only play on the EU servers..

We want to do things differently in that we encourage skilled competitive gameplay and stray away from the current trend of arena spam maps.

So this will be a community effort. Make this your VCTF server of choice and tell your friends to join too for some GGs!

Comment

EU players are of course welcome to join us too

Comment

It doesn't make sense to make it a west coast server. You're better off making 2 servers, one Chicago and one New York, so the europeans/russians can join and play below 150 ping.

Comment

nice server, sexy 36 ping lol. more bots, arena of death or arena of jolt please.

Comment

220 ping here not funny

Comment

I agree with Nova, I think you should move it to Chicago so that everyone can have a good ping. As long as I have under 100 ping, I'm fine, it all works the same. Plus there are more on the east coast than west, and also like he said it would be good to make it on the east coast so that even if Euros joined, they might even have a decent ping. And yes, please add ArenaofDeath, and maybe ArenaofLife.

Comment

Originally posted by NovaZzZ View Post
                It doesn't make sense to make it a west coast server. You're better off making 2 servers, one Chicago and one New York, so the europeans/russians can join and play below 150 ping.
                Well I wonder how many players are in California alone. Who knows how busy the server could be.

Originally posted by xeanderthal View Post
                nice server, sexy 36 ping lol. more bots, arena of death or arena of jolt please.
                36 ping for xean... we're in trouble now

Comment

I love this game but there's not many players in my region. I get about 220 ping to Los Angeles and unfortunatl that is the best US server location for me. I am aware a Central or East coast server would likely be more popular but those locations give me like 300+ which is unplayabl for myself. Then I might as well get an EU server.

By running this server my intent is to (besides promoting competitive VCTF) also have one playable and populated server for myself to play on. I'm trying to promote it by offering something slightly different than most other VCTF servers that are already available. I am hoping the community will recognize this and support this idea.

I'm willing to give it a shot by doing my best to advertise and promote this server. Not much else I can do besides creating this thread and to encourage others to tell their friends etc. It's a community effort and I can't do it without you guys. If there's no interest then there's nothing I can do about it and I'll have to take it down. So if you are interested in bringing back competitive VCTF, support it by playing on this server and tell your UT buddies too.

Comment

Added more bots because it's probably a good idea now in the early stages to try and have single players stay on the server for longer..

Comment

Server is back up again after having been down since the weekend. Not sure what went wrong but it's online again.

Comment

Map added: VCTF-Aim_ArenaOfDeath_NS

Comment

Added mutator: Nerfed Stinger 1.0

Stinger before nerf:
                          Damage = 14
                          FireInterval = +0.1
                          WarmupShots = 5

Stinger after nerf:
                          Damage = 12
                          FireInterval = +0.125
                          WarmupShots = 4 (Compensates for the decreased fire rate)

Comment

ggs the last few nites. Had 6 players 2 nites in a row. action seems to get going 10:00PM PST, goes to midnight, or when the oldy man gets tired.

Waiting for Petty Officer Kelly to show up! Report for duty Sailor!

Comment

Yeah man it looks like word is spreading and it's finally catching on! All US vctf players need to come check it out

Comment

Working...
                              X