UT3 on Mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 on Mac

I apologize if you get this question alot. I tried using the forum search but apparently I come up with nothing everytime.

Is UT3 available for Mac/OSX? I thought I read somewhere it would be the case... but those were old posts on another forum.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Unreal Tournament 3 is not available for Mac/OSX.

Comment

Read the article of UT3 over Wikipedia page. Custom UT3 maps and mods can be refused for Mac/OSX (i.e.: Titan Pack, my voice packs, etc.) (and also in Linux).

Comment

From what I remember, I think they found out that you cannot just port it. It has to be written correctly from the start in order to be ported. There was a certain middleware vendor that would not permit their software to be involved with Linux and there was no way to work around it.

Comment

The game was developed and in a playable state for OS X, they were just waiting on some things to be cleared up before it could go to gold master and get released, what that thing was has never officially been explained but it's generally believed that Epic/Macsoft were trying to coerce Ageia, the creator of PhysX, into licensing the PhysX engine on platforms other than Windows but apparently weren't having much luck. Then Nvidia bought Ageia and the whole thing got buried under a mountain of red tape, and I suppose coupled with UT3 not selling as well as expected, the Mac version got permanently shelved.

Comment

Working...
          X