Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What tweaks are recommended? (+How to turn off Mouse Acceleration fully?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What tweaks are recommended? (+How to turn off Mouse Acceleration fully?)

I'm new on UT3 PC (coming from the PS3 side). What do I need to do besides installing Patch 5 and the Titan Pack?
    • Do I really need to install Patch 5, then Titan Pack, then Patch 5 again? I read somewhere that this is recommended.
    • Is it still needed to disable Mouse Acceleration in Windows and in the INIs? Or is the Settings menu option enough to fully toggle mouse acceleration?
    • Any other tweaks, mutators, or anything else I should know about? Anything that would be of interest to a new guy like myself so I can setup n optimize my game properly?

Thanks guys

Install titan pack, then the latest patch.

Comment

ut3 tweak guides;
      http://www.tweakguides.com/UT3_1.html

- You do not need to tweak UT3;... because...
      a) your pc is fine
      b) you are only going to play AnarchyHalls
      c) you probably have not even got a legal copy of UT3

- Also;

if you post your PC spec; monitor size and specifically your Refresh rate;
      people can give you more advice
      - another noob on anarchy halls great

Comment

I highly recomend turning off weapon bobing in My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\UTgame.ini for maximum precision: find lines under [UTGame.UTPawn] and change Bob=0 and bWeaponBob=false, then save. As for mouse acceleration, I disabled it in game settings and also did ini tweaks. I used this info Mouse tweaks

Link in post above is also very useful. The rest... well...

Comment

If you play offline a lot I recommend to install the following:

MapMixer
          This is an enhanced UI, which gives you more options for setting up a game and even the possibility of tweaking bots (no more annoying Link Gun rape). It's the UI UT3 should have had in the first place.

Blossom Mutator
          This disables the bloom and depth of field post processing effects without making your game look ugly (like the default option does). This makes UT3 look more clear, colorful and beautiful. A must have.

Taunt Control
          With this you have direct control over what speech stuff should be played. It's nice if you get annoyed by hearing the same taunts from bots over and over again.

Also, you should take a look at:

Orb Fix
          That's an official mini patch for Warfare, where the orb doesn't show up in the mini map after first round.

UTComp
          Some people might have mixed feelings about this, but if you'd like custom crosshairs and hitsounds, it's worth a look... it never was really finished though, but some servers use it anyway.

PS: If you want nice maps, check out the HOLP and COMP packs. Both offer a variety of nice low poly classic UT style maps for best performance and gameplay.

Comment

This is the code I found online to remove Mouse acceleration:

Code:
            Remove the "laggy" mouse feel and make it like in UT2004

Find in:  My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\UTInput.ini

[Engine.PlayerInput]
            LookRightScale=0.000000
            LookUpScale=0.000000
            bEnableMouseSmoothing=False

Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
            Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
            Bindings=(Name="LookUp",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=+25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
            Bindings=(Name="LookDown",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=-25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
            Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnLeft",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=-40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
            Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnRight",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=+40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)

[UTGame.UTPlayerInput] 
            LookRightScale=0.000000
            LookUpScale=0.000000
            Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
            Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
            Bindings=(Name="LookUp",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=+25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
            Bindings=(Name="LookDown",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=-25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
            Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnLeft",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=-40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
            Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnRight",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=+40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
            The game also loves the new GTX series. I'm running a FTW 670

If you have a 120Hz monitor, that will help as this game is fast paced if you don't already know.

The game is also very CPU intensive. Who ever said this game doesn't use more than 2 cores doesn't own a 4 core with Hyper Threading.

Comment

Working...
            X