Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to dodge/survive titans melee attack while standing next to a titan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to dodge/survive titans melee attack while standing next to a titan?

some players stay next to a titan and survive 4 -5 times a titans melee attack (normal titan not super titan after second transformation). They seem to jump or using hoverboard ... however, I never sucided in surviving such an attack.

1) What exactly are they doing to survive serveral melee attacks - exact explanation please

----------------------------------------------
    2) Whats roughly the height of the damage zone of a titans melee attack?

3) Somtimes I am as a titan blocked and cant execute a melee attack. I am not sure if I pressed before to many times rockets/shock, so that the "queue" must be worked off before melee attack can be executed, or if it has to do with people shafting me with link alt fire ..... However, again I was not able to prevent other titants from executing melee attack

Titans are easy, just use the Minigun to weaken and stun it, and then switch to eightball and load 6 grenades into his face.

Do not get hit by any rocks it throws at you, or you will immidiately die.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyzoran View Post
      use the Minigun to ... stun it
      Stun? Is minigun preventing the titan from performing a melee attack?

Only answer question 1-3, no bragging and off-topic talking, and label your answer with the related question for clarity please.

Comment

you need to feign death to fool your enemies. Then get in position and kill him.

Comment

Titans are easy, just use the Minigun to weaken and stun it, and then switch to eightball and load 6 grenades into his face.

lol, wrong titan mate.

When the Titan does his melee attack, quickly switch to hoverboard and back, that way you won't fall.

Comment

^^+100

- Every now and again someone replies with the best stuff- classic !

Comment

What Sly said.

Also they may be exploiting a glitch. I remember seeing a youtube video about something to do with the hover board to reduce damage. Something with pulling it out at just the right time.

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
                ^^+100

- Every now and again someone replies with the best stuff- classic !
                Anything that's related to the original Unreal is... SUPER HAPPY FUN. (Sorry, I didn't know what to say, you just can't express it's awesomeness in a normal way...)

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                  When the Titan does his melee attack, quickly switch to hoverboard and back, that way you won't fall.
                  1) Is it important to switch back?

3) Why is it sometimes not possible to perform the melee attack?

no spam and off topic comments, this is not a chat channel. spam gets reported

Comment

Not necessarily, but that way you at least get to shoot at the titan.

Comment

there is no hover board bind for greed because no vehicles, so feign death equal same efffect? on Greed gametype? i apologise for bad grammar and whatnot.

Comment

important to switch back from hover board so as not to be death magnet. thlse scorpion balls love me when i hover board. although rare is the time i hover board, and greed simultaneously.

Comment

The hoverboard prevents the melee attack from knocking you over. You don't need to be on it for long. I get ready to use it every time I go in close to the titan. once he lifts his arms, use the hoverboard. Then you can come off it in under a second.

The hoverboqrd also works when a titan has been killed and explodes. Of course, you have to be out of line of site to not get killed, but you won't be knocked over from the blast.

I also experience the same problem with the titan - including not being able to move. I don't know why it happens though - perhaps a spam prevention.

Comment

Anything that's related to the original Unreal is... SUPER HAPPY FUN. (Sorry, I didn't know what to say, you just can't express it's awesomeness in a normal way...)
                            hahah thats hilarious, and i totally agree!

Comment

Not necessarily, but that way you at least get to shoot at the titan.
                              then it must be a question of timing, next time I try it. Thank you

this hoverboard thing worked one single time also with a redeemer, just by chance. the nuke exploded about 7-9m away, normally I should have died, but my hoverboard just got a kick and accelerated a bit...

Comment

Working...
                              X