Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Engine 4 Tech Demo Finally Revealed

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...-engine/731875

**** Spetacular..... After seeing what Star Wars 1313 looked like using UE3 at this years E3, holy **** UE4 is going to be all kinds of awesome and its still 2 yrs away from release.

Bahhh...2 years away, and no new UT . Did they anaunced any PC exclusive title??..if not...waste of E3. With GTX 680....why wait 2 years??

Comment

all of this for this? Ah well... like i said previously, i didn't expect ANYTHING (as usual) so i am not disappointed somehow. Did i loose any "hopes" in Epic seeing the light again? Probably.

So this kind of demo sums up the silence of Epic and their obstinacy to not doing something for ut in any form (as far as proven the opposite, then i will apologize)...Argh... sad, SAD.
      Although i don't really care of gfx (Hello Quake Live! being competitive and still representing top fps in world wide LANS, field where epic useD to own), i have to say that objectively, i'm so not impressed. UDK demo looked, seriously, way more nicer but heh.

I guess all CoD players avid of gfx performance are in Heaven (top target hit Sir!). I can understand as a company, u have to do money and go where it is, very understandable, tho with the sh1tload of money u prolly do, is it that hard to do sthg for UT even as a side project at least? If you are not interested in another UT game before fkn ages, at least try to release a kind of patch to add/solve/ simply make some ppl happy for your last iteration? Or something udk wise?

When i see what some ppl can do themselves on their free time, in their sofa:

THANKS Faust for utcomp
      THANKS Loezix for your, i hope, upcoming XT
      (so more ppl to add here... but can't name them all, sry for that)

I really wonder some stuffs.

-Some players pointed out that arena futuristic fps was making a small comeback (nexuiz, tribes, shootmania really soon and few others) some thought it might have been the time to pay attention to the genre again. I guess it's not.

But heh, u know what? My last lines of **** opinion will be a quote actually, by an old Norvegian ut player, that sounds so TRUE that it's even funny and paradoxally sad at the same time:

Snii wrotes:
      Im still amazed how this huge company doesnt take care of their customers.. Its like marketing 101.

My friend worked at Dice for a little while and they had meetings EVERY ****ing week about their players trends, what the think,belive, what ****ing music they liked, colors , what fansites was going on, what competitions/lans and other individual events ongoing..

Its like Epic got no contact with the other continents and as mentioned only focusing on eyecandy.

The UT3LIVE release will flop just as UT3 did. Waste of ******* time.
      And it took them 5 years to start a facebookpage?! you kidding me?
      god, i need to get a job in one of these offices. I am not nearly as competent as you other communitystars keeping us all alive, but ill ****ing tell them straight.

and yeah, onward with new thinking nexuiz +++. You either adapt or you die out Epic...
      (Gears of War competitive gaming is ... nah just forget it )
      Thanks you Epic ;-) .

Comment

demo look nice
        to bad the will be no new ut
        time too stop playing ut and focus on tomb raider or beyond souls 2
        or tribes

Comment

I'll watch it later... but what's ut3 live? :-)

Comment

he stated that it would flop too in the eventuality an ut3 live would appear (one player stated earlier in that topic that with support by flash of ue3 a VERY EVENTUAL ut3live MIGHT have seen the day, several stated the contrary explainig it would not happen at all.) He was more pointing out the lack of "direct community awareness" and fail marketing/fail at promote their game than anything else.

Comment

this is really superb visually, unreal as possible....hm....with a lotr side though....i pray for a new UT....after xan and malcolm.... why not with this big guy and his hammer as the new champ to beat...

Comment

lol Blitz, only if his hammer will have the same functionality as an Impact Hammer and the final will be an Impact Hammer arena match.

Comment

haha....was more thinking to shombo him and his fused hammer

Comment

*fantasizes* I'm just trying to imagine how awesome a shombo would look like in UE4... *drools*
                    Or a Redeemer explosion. *drools even more*
                    *stops fantasizing*

Where does all the drool come from??

Comment

Originally posted by LLonewolf View Post
                      he stated that it would flop too in the eventuality an ut3 live would appear (one player stated earlier in that topic that with support by flash of ue3 a VERY EVENTUAL ut3live MIGHT have seen the day, several stated the contrary explainig it would not happen at all.) He was more pointing out the lack of "direct community awareness" and fail marketing/fail at promote their game than anything else.
                      Thanks. I was on my phone (whilst supposedly working :P) at the time.

I think that Epic MUST surely realize that UT3 died because they didn't include the community features. That's what an arena shooter is about! They should absolutely dedicate a team of developers to purely adding features for the community. They should be aiming to impress everyone so that it even converts the Quake fans. It looks like its going to be a few years yet though. Don't they usually release a UT game with the next gen engine?

Comment

This is so beautiful...

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
                        this is really superb visually, unreal as possible....hm....with a lotr side though....i pray for a new UT....after xan and malcolm.... why not with this big guy and his hammer as the new champ to beat...
                        Yeah I agree so LOTR-y, was thinking of this while watching http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/File:...1999_-_May.jpg

Comment

I just caught this on Spike TV last night. And near the end of the program they had clips of UT3 in a montage...

Comment

Just seen a Unreal Engine 4 Demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyeeyZE41O4

Will the new engine use Physx? If so, maybe i'll keep my GTX 480

Comment

Originally posted by Lillien View Post
                              Don't they usually release a UT game with the next gen engine?
                              Historically speaking, yes...All my Unreal\UT hopes and dreams lie in that tradition.
                              Was it Tim Sweeney who said they won't be making another UT anytime soon?
                              (And how long ago was he quoted saying that?)

Comment

Working...
                              X