Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Epic Games Working on PC-Exclusive Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hyzoran View Post
    Maybe you guys should get into lucid dreaming

I had a semi-lucid dream once.....it was amazing.
    lol ....thats what i call reflexion (lucid dreaming) and drunked reflexion (semi lucid dreaming) but bah...a question of pov probably

Comment

Well since Epic Games is pretty much really successful right now and guaranteed to stay successful (Considering that they have many,many licenses for the engine, not to mention to money they will make off UE4) I don't see why they can't pour money into making a good, polished quality Unreal game that is guaranteed to cover developing expenses if not make much money, and further enhance their reputation. (Which would further enhance UE4's reputation if done properly)

If this game doesnt turn out to be of highest quality, its because Epic chose the path of being lazy, not because it wont make much money or lose money. :P

Comment

I realy hope that this PC exlusive title is UT. And i dont realy worry about PC tech, becouse i think that this beauty can run UE4 (http://www.anandtech.com/show/5699/n...gtx-680-review). Till next year i think will be "quite" chip.

Comment

If it's a PC only game then it will definitely be an online game.
          Given Epics viewpoints on Piracy I cannot forsee a new Unreal for PC only but I can definitely see a new UT - a bit hard to rip a game and play it online - you have to purchase it!
          And what better way to showcase there new engines PC capabilities and get the sales as well!!

Comment

If they want to showcase their new engine, I think they shouldn't just focus on graphics - Prove your engine isn't all about graphics - Show some improvements in audio, physics, AI - Steven Polge is still in Epic, so he can probably improve the AI part over that of UE3.
            And there are some graphic improvements which I think should be done to UE4 over UE3, some should have been made to UE3 long ago - Better ambient occulusion, real-time global illumination, and a feature which existed in game engines way before the first build of UE3 known to the public - dynamic objects having more than 2 dynamic shadows at the same time.

Comment

My guess it's a Free 2 Play FPS, or (less likely) a MMO of some sort. If it was a game released the traditional way, there's no way they'd skip consoles. Considering how Epic haven't focused on PC for a while, the only reason they do this now is because they're seeing an opportunity. Without doubt this new opportunity is the rise of F2P games (imo), and they don't want to be late for the party.

A F2P Unreal Tournament game is likely. It makes sense to reuse a well known franchise, especially one that has its hardcore fans on the PC.

If it's a new UT, I hope it's part of their vision to establish the game as an esport. It's my belief there's awesome potential and demand for a FPS equivalent to SC2 with battle.net-like features. You know, matchmaking, ladders and great competitive play. I would love being able to compete in 1on1 on an official ingame ladder (split into different leagues depending on skill - bronze, silver, gold, master etc).

Comment

Originally posted by Kenchu View Post
                My guess it's a Free 2 Play FPS, or (less likely) a MMO of some sort. If it was a game released the traditional way, there's no way they'd skip consoles. Considering how Epic haven't focus on PC for a while, the only reason they do this now is because they're seeing an opportunity. Without doubt this new opportunity is the rise of F2P games (imo), and they don't want to be late for the party.

A F2P Unreal Tournament game is likely. It makes sense to reuse a well known franchise, especially one that has its hardcore fans on the PC.

If it's a new UT, I hope it's part of their vision to establish the game as an esport. It's my belief there's awesome potential and demand for a FPS equivalent to SC2 with battle.net-like features. You know, matchmaking, ladders and great competitive play. I would love being able to compete in 1on1 on an official ingame ladder (split into different categories depending on skill - bronze, silver, gold, master etc).
                It better not be F2P, if it is, there goes modding, and the chance of Unreal 3.

Comment

New Unreal game pls!!!!

Comment

looking for a ut4 make but not holding my breath. I've moved on, changed. Things aren't what they used to be. games are still fun and ut2004 is still my fav. game, but as far as ut is concerned, ut3's ending ....needed improvement. in fact the game was sweet but really wasn't what it could have been.

Comment

Originally posted by daydreamdirty View Post
                      looking for a ut4 make but not holding my breath. I've moved on, changed. Things aren't what they used to be. games are still fun and ut2004 is still my fav. game, but as far as ut is concerned, ut3's ending ....needed improvement. in fact the game was sweet but really wasn't what it could have been.
                      still trolling uh?

Facepalm, stick with with ut2k4 mate the world shall not end with ut3, besides I see you not coherence "Im moved on" but "looking for a ut4" yes but not... brother, is good to have some hope and give them a chance and wait not to beat the horse soon, do you think?

Comment

Bring back provinggrounds.com and the original domination mod!

It would be cool to have a unreal 3 sp game and a UT4 mp game in the same package. If they do come out with a ut4 I sure hope the AI is working properly. That drove away more players than anything that I know of. I still play ut3 every night and the server is packed every night....sadly its about one of the only servers being played but it's still there. If ut4 were to come out I'm sure some of the old school players would come out of hiding and there would be new blood that is tired of the CoD series lol.

Just my two cents

Comment

ut3 DOM
                          Originally posted by HKLM View Post
                          I'm sorry but currently, the PC version of CBP3 does NOT have UT3Dom v5. Only the CBP3 PS3 version has v5.

You can still get UT3Dom v5 and the Patch Update for v5 from the UT3Dom website:
                          http://ut3dom.xantaz.net
                          great gametype

Comment

Originally posted by snake12 View Post
                            ut3 DOM

great gametype
                            Thanks for the info

PD: +1 ditto

Question if ut dom maps cbp3 is installed, it is needed to delete dom maps and old ut3 dom systemfiles or only the mod before install the v5?

Comment

Epic Games Working on PC-Exclusive Title
                              Hope it is a UT cause I think they need to take their game back!!

http://youtu.be/-AGpeQumigk?hd=1&t=49s

Comment

Yea, go head to head. UE3 DM and CTF vs the copy cat.

Comment

Working...
                                X