Epic Games Working on PC-Exclusive Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic Games Working on PC-Exclusive Title

This may not have nothing to do with the Unreal Tournament franchise, but is still worth noting.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/07/ep...-in-the-works/

Gears of War and Fortnite dev Epic Games is getting back to its roots with a PC-exclusive project, creative lead Cliff Bleszinski and president Mike Capps announced today during a PAX East panel. "We might be working on a PC-only title," Capps teased, before Bleszinski picked up where he left off: "Let me say that again: we are working on a PC game."

The panel is still going on, but we'll be sure to chat to the Epic folks as soon as it's over.

Update: Epic Games prez Mike Capps told us after the panel that the unannounced PC project is currently underway, and that the current plans are to keep the game exclusive to the PC platform. Unsurprisingly, he wouldn't tell us anything else.
    You will not get me again, Epic! I will be cautious before buying this time.

facepalm...

Comment

*Cautious Excitement*

Comment

No, now that they've made UT for consoles, UT will NEVER be PC exclusive...

Comment

Hmm... Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
            No, now that they've made UT for consoles, UT will NEVER be PC exclusive...

Interesting argument you point out there man and i would tend to agree with you. Now another small thing is to be considered, even if the chances for this to be true are the slightest :q :

If they realized that the fact they made ut3 natively multiplatform (with all the "bad" things that implied) was more detrimental for its success that releasing a pc exclusive ut (that can be declined on some other platforms later btw), so maybe... MAY-FUKN-BE, they saw the light and ut will be developed that way.

PS: I just realized that the first ut i ever played was actually not ut2003 offline like i thought but the ut99 port on ps2 which i found quite cool and that brought me to ut on pc =) .

Comment

Bring on a modernized, re-imagined Unreal remake over another UT game!!

Comment

I'm for a faithful Unreal remake.

However, UT99 was - as LLonewolf said - also released on PS2, of course it was ported later than the PC version, but it was also available for a console. Not to mention the Unreal version for PSX which was never released.

Comment

I am praying dammit. Please Unreal 3, please Unreal 3, may Chizra be with us.....

Comment

Pray to Vandora, the goddess of thunder! You will have more success than praying to the water god.

I doubt it will be an Unreal-related title though, as awesome as it would be.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                      Pray to Vandora, the goddess of thunder! You will have more success than praying to the water god.

I doubt it will be an Unreal-related title though, as awesome as it would be.
                      If it is Unreal 3 I will lick Vandora's four...thingies as thanks for the divine gift. :P

Comment

Dont make new ut!!! This is the noobs generation now!! Wait 10 moar yearssss

Comment

That excites me

Comment

Originally posted by Hyzoran View Post
                            If it is Unreal 3 I will lick Vandora's four...thingies as thanks for the divine gift. :P
                            I lol'd at that statement.

Comment

Tbh if it's a singleplayer game i.e "unreal", they can, and pardon me for that, gtFo with a big F. A multiplayer game or nothing, that's clearly what we need =) .

Comment

Working...
                              X