No announcement yet.

Demorec FPS issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dont' quote me but i think all the servers with utcomp have it ... i don't know. but everytime i duel someone except when I dueled nvz on oldys a few days ago there have been massive amounts of lag making a huuuuuuuuuuuge advantage to the other player.. it honestly feels worse than like dial-up..

Comment

Originally posted by |213| View Post
      dont' quote me but i think all the servers with utcomp have it ... i don't know. but everytime i duel someone except when I dueled nvz on oldys a few days ago there have been massive amounts of lag making a huuuuuuuuuuuge advantage to the other player.. it honestly feels worse than like dial-up..
      Here I am to save the day, glad my server is working for you broseph

Comment

Why is it major lag for the person who isn't demo-recording?

Comment

no clue man.

Comment

How can I playback my demos? i just recorded 2

Comment

in ut3, community - demo playback

Comment

Demorec in general is just horrible in this game. One of the reasons I don't use it anymore is the fact that for me, it seems to screw with my networking. Not sure if anyone else has ever saw this but all of the values in stat net are all 0's every other update. Its almost simulating packetloss. Not to mention the playback can be so bugged its impossible to even see what is happening... When I do record, I usually use XFire Beta video, run the completed video through VirtualDub slowing the sound down slightly because XFire beta video tends to desync the sound and video and then run it through VirtualDub again to either chop it up or compress it. The only problems I have with XFire are the fact that any good resolution video will take tons of HD space on the order of about a gigabyte every 30-60 seconds.

Comment

^^ CWO- that is probably because you have bottlenecked your 9600 -
                  - you signature tells you the problem lol

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                    Demorec in general is just horrible in this game. One of the reasons I don't use it anymore is the fact that for me, it seems to screw with my networking. Not sure if anyone else has ever saw this but all of the values in stat net are all 0's every other update. Its almost simulating packetloss. Not to mention the playback can be so bugged its impossible to even see what is happening... When I do record, I usually use XFire Beta video, run the completed video through VirtualDub slowing the sound down slightly because XFire beta video tends to desync the sound and video and then run it through VirtualDub again to either chop it up or compress it. The only problems I have with XFire are the fact that any good resolution video will take tons of HD space on the order of about a gigabyte every 30-60 seconds.
                    I agree about the networking. Even if I do not demo record, I experience a huge difference with my own networking e.g. something like packet loss or basically a horrible lag which makes it even easier for me to be fragged.

Comment

This is the BS i get from a demo rec. It jumps all over the place when I get on my hoverboard. Only happens in the demo it doesnt look like this when I play, but my frames do drop as you can see http://youtu.be/5oXLixoM0g0

Comment

Working...
                      X