Demorec FPS issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demorec FPS issue

Anyone know how to limit the fps (frames) when in demorec mode? I have issues playing with massively fluctuating fps when I try to use demorec. I usually get 90 fps (I'm using cable modem for the network connection) but it ranges from 100 to 300 when using demorec. Thanks.

Isn't there a setting in one of the .ini files? maybe check .engine ... i know i've seen it somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by |213| View Post
      Isn't there a setting in one of the .ini files? maybe check .engine ... i know i've seen it somewhere
      I google'd it, didn't find anything for that. Just the bSmoothFrameRate=True thing, which doesn't seem to affect it. Ultimately I want to be able to put in game sound in my camera videos. I wear headphones, so I'm trying to figure out how to record the sound and put it into the video editor later.

Comment

Any tuturials on You Tube?

Comment

[Engine.DemoRecDriver]
          NetServerMaxTickRate=30 -> change To higher values like 60
          LanServerMaxTickRate=30 -> change To higher values like 60

Comment

ah haaaaaaa! , I thought there was a setting to tinker with

Comment

Originally posted by loezix View Post
              [Engine.DemoRecDriver]
              NetServerMaxTickRate=30 -> change To higher values like 60
              LanServerMaxTickRate=30 -> change To higher values like 60
              If you notice the LanServer and NetServer, those settings are only for when the Server you are on is recording demos.

These are the settings you should be looking for
              [Engine.GameEngine]
              bSmoothFrameRate=True
              MinSmoothedFrameRate=12.000000
              MaxSmoothedFrameRate=200.000000

Set MaxSmoothed to whatever frame you want it to be maxed out at.

Comment

Originally posted by littlesheriff View Post
                If you notice the LanServer and NetServer, those settings are only for when the Server you are on is recording demos.

These are the settings you should be looking for
                [Engine.GameEngine]
                bSmoothFrameRate=True
                MinSmoothedFrameRate=12.000000
                MaxSmoothedFrameRate=200.000000

Set MaxSmoothed to whatever frame you want it to be maxed out at.
                You know what, that does work. I wonder why it didn't work when I tried it before...D'OH!

Comment

When you change maxsmoothed, when bsmooth is set to false, it does nothing, not sure if that is what caused it but maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by littlesheriff View Post
                    When you change maxsmoothed, when bsmooth is set to false, it does nothing, not sure if that is what caused it but maybe?
                    Who knows, man. Maybe I tried to play UT on my phone, who knows.

Comment

Test and let us know.

Comment

I'm starting to think demorec is some sort of hack er something. it really screws with something... mostly when in duel, which btw dueling is easy when you have map control, but it's like this big status thing if you win in duel.. makes no sense.. and i would not feel good about winning regardless

thoughts?

Comment

I'm starting to think demorec is some sort of hack er something. it really screws with something... mostly when in duel, which btw dueling is easy when you have map control, but it's like this big status thing if you win in duel.. makes no sense.. and i would not feel good about winning regardless

thoughts?
                          Demorec seems to screw with my fps, but 'm not sure.

Yea dueling is mainly map control - spawn killing, weapon and armor hoarding, wall/hammer jump tactics, locating the opponent via sound (hopefully not a wall hack, etc)...

I'm rarely in the mood for that. I'd almost rather armor and health pickups not be in the game lol. (Obtaining the shield belt is probably the most important tactic in duel).

Comment

what really is the question is if i'm playin someone with a 16 ping, why does, if it's even on, ping compensation lag the **** out of me!? i call shenanagins

it really needs to be hard coded better er something

Comment

what really is the question is if i'm playin someone with a 16 ping, why does, if it's even on, ping compensation lag the **** out of me!? i call shenanagins

it really needs to be hard coded better er something
                              Where do you play with ping comp? I forgot about ping comp.

Comment

Working...
                              X