University of Hawaii Mars Analogue and Food Study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

University of Hawaii Mars Analogue and Food Study

Got my application in just under the wire. Sorry the applications line is now closed. I would have mentioned it earlier but you know, competition.

I sure hope they call me. Just think, four months in beautiful Hawaii. Of course I'd be locked in a steel box the whole time, but it's in HAWAII. I suppose if I'm really unlucky they could pick me to be one of the two alternates. Then I'd just have to hang around Hawaii for four months, in case somebody in the steel box goes crazy and attacks the others with a hammer or something. I could handle that.

What does this have to do with UT3. Well, turns out they don't want you just sitting there in the box for those four simulated months in the steel box, they want you doing some kind of study, which you must propose and design yourself. So I told them I want to spend four months taking statistics on my performance playing Unreal Tournament 3, in order to gauge the effects of their astronaut food and simulated space type environment on my reflexes and general decision making ability.

I seriously think a completely legitimate study could be done like that, and that there would be real value in it. I sure hope they call.

Waiting anxiously by the phone,
    Dickbird

geronaho signs the petition

Comment

I think your bunk mate might hit YOU with the hammer if all you did was play UT3 all day. I know I'm not very sociable when I play. Sounds like a nice vacation though.

Comment

statitics on dickbirds performances in hawai...lol...sounds like a cool adventure mate ...srry...couldnt resist

Comment

Originally posted by dickbird View Post
          Got my application in just under the wire. Sorry the applications line is now closed. I would have mentioned it earlier but you know, competition.

I sure hope they call me. Just think, four months in beautiful Hawaii. Of course I'd be locked in a steel box the whole time, but it's in HAWAII. I suppose if I'm really unlucky they could pick me to be one of the two alternates. Then I'd just have to hang around Hawaii for four months, in case somebody in the steel box goes crazy and attacks the others with a hammer or something. I could handle that.

What does this have to do with UT3. Well, turns out they don't want you just sitting there in the box for those four simulated months in the steel box, they want you doing some kind of study, which you must propose and design yourself. So I told them I want to spend four months taking statistics on my performance playing Unreal Tournament 3, in order to gauge the effects of their astronaut food and simulated space type environment on my reflexes and general decision making ability.

I seriously think a completely legitimate study could be done like that, and that there would be real value in it. I sure hope they call.

Waiting anxiously by the phone,
          Dickbird
          Ummm... thats my university. STOP FOLLOWING ME BRO.

But seriously you would love it there, I can hook you up information about tons of fun stuff to do and the hot nightlife spots in town.

Comment

Salsa hook me up with some info. I'm planning my honeymoon there! June 2013. You still living there? If so we will have to meet up!

Comment

The ****? I want to get paid to play UT3, too!

In any case, you already have a habit of recording game vids, so I guess you just need a feasible way to analyze them all.

Comment

Your stats are already being kept track of HERE. You will just need to create a new name when you start an experiment.

An interesting Dickbird fact: He has spent over 8 days in the hellbender, giving him the most time spent in that vehicle than any other ut3 player!
                Source: http://ut3stats.dfbgaming.com/index....stat_type=pure (scroll down to the bottom)

Comment

If I was stuck in a hellbender for eight days I would hit my co-driver in the head with a hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by ummie4 View Post
                    Your stats are already being kept track of HERE. You will just need to create a new name when you start an experiment.

An interesting Dickbird fact: He has spent over 8 days in the hellbender, giving him the most time spent in that vehicle than any other ut3 player!
                    Source: http://ut3stats.dfbgaming.com/index....stat_type=pure (scroll down to the bottom)
                    Headshots: 37

Redeemer Shots Denied: 266

Road Kills: 16739

That pretty much sums it up

Comment

Originally posted by ummie4 View Post
                      Salsa hook me up with some info. I'm planning my honeymoon there! June 2013. You still living there? If so we will have to meet up!
                      I'm working in Europe this year... might be back by June next year. I don't come on these forums often any more so message me on facebook.

Comment

Working...
                      X