Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

EPIC news, UE4 release details?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPIC news, UE4 release details?

This has been out for a couple of days I guess, any interest?

UE4 released when?
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Epi...012,14682.html

UE4 hardware requirements?
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/UE3...ein,14698.html

2 more years of waiting...

Comment

Is it just the Engine?

Is there any word of an Unreal Tournament 4?

Comment

their putting the challenge out to the tech developers.

CPU speeds are nearing break point, the edge is to parallel process like multi-cores. To get CPU speeds higher you have to have onboard CPU ram, outer ram has to be more supportive and maybe more parallel access to ram.

Comment

I got that notion from reading something from Tim Sweeny a while ago. Sounded like he wanted to stay away from the Unreal Series until Hardware got better. Don't quote me. I vaguely am recalling this.

Comment

I'll be keeping an eye on the Unreal Engine 4 and I hope, that the things gonna take the right path...

Comment

Unreal Tournament tends to be the first game that each new Unreal engine delivers as sort of a test game which as it happens, turns out to be a good game so I would expect another Unreal Tourney game soon sometime after Fortnite, maybe Shadow Complex 2 and other unreviled EPIC projects.

Read Sig VVVVVV

Comment

I honestly couldn't give a crap about the engine, all I care about is the game.

Comment

I just wonder what kind op rig you will need to run it. After all, UE3 requires a core i7 2600k to run it well. Well, you really need to OC it up to 4.2Ghz to really see start looking and feeling fantastic. What will be the Sandy bridge of late 2014 when the retail is rumored. Obviously, whatever we are running now will be obsolete by then.

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
                    I just wonder what kind op rig you will need to run it. After all, UE3 requires a core i7 2600k to run it well. Well, you really need to OC it up to 4.2Ghz to really see start looking and feeling fantastic. What will be the Sandy bridge of late 2014 when the retail is rumored. Obviously, whatever we are running now will be obsolete by then.
                    And on that note I don't want to drop a grand on a new system just to see the game flop a year later.

Comment

Originally posted by Infra` View Post
                      And on that note I don't want to drop a grand on a new system just to see the game flop a year later.
                      +1 on that, hopefully they will have fewer gameplay issues as well.

Comment

the required system spec whining was really overblown when UTIII came out, it ran just fine at medium/high settings on most mid level gaming systems of the time ... and still does!

the bugs and issues it was released with are another story ...

Comment

So true...
                          Heck, I could even make it run on my old single core processor rig and just 1GB RAM. lol

Comment

I am already seeing the M-M-M-Monster system that will be needed to run the UT4 when/if it's released!

OH MY POOR COMPUTER!

Comment

Well, the only upgrades I feel I need on my rig are to an HD 7970 (from an HD 5850) and 16 GB DDR3-1600 (from 8 GB DDR3-1333), the rest is pretty good, 160GB X25-M for speed booting of UDK, Phenom II x4 955, and pretty good storage in 500GB + 640GB HDDs, so no problems there.

Comment

Working...
                              X