Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers: Map suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by enoch84 View Post
    Taffy, I vote for maps w/ WREX :]. We had an obvious hacker on today. Lion or something like that (maybe just the utcomp name). Shock_trooper noticed him first. Between him and the Da_Gunrunner bragging for "winning," I was about ready to bail.

Maybe you could at least do an experiment. Just see how many regulars install WREX when their favorite (and maybe only) server requires it. Or even have a voteable WREX option (if that would be possible).
    hey moloch!

I was on last night and spec'd that lion guy. If he was botting he needs to get his money back because he wasn't very good.

Maybe his bot told him I was spectating and he stopped using it? Anyway, I couldn't tell and he did poorly so I didn't do anything.

TouchingWeiners (DaveN2) pointed out someone called davidwade that was botting a few days ago. It was obvious when I spec'd him so I banned his IP subnet range and DVD hash. First time I've seen a botter in a while.

I'd love to have something like WREX, because it would make an admins job a lot easier, but I'm afraid it would kill the server. I don't think people would wait for the download and scan. Most people are very impatient and won't even wait for a map download.

Comment

Lets keep this about getting new maps

Comment

Originally posted by ws.iono
        Taffy, you run a nice server, thank you ...
        You're very welcome, thanks!

I'm going to pick some more HOLP maps and put on in the next day or so if nobody has any specific suggestions.

Comment

Wounds looks pretty good, hosts 6-12 players. Eluded 2-4 players. Echelon 4-8 players

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy View Post
            Can't find CS-dust either? I remember dust from 2k4 and I thought I played a ut3 version. Help me out if you have a good link. Thanks.
            You know, I thought there was one already as well. I can't find it. That means I have to make it now.

Comment

Here's a link to DM-Gothic http://uz3.ut-files.com/DM-Gothic2_BSP.ut3.uz3

Comment

Personally GOTOBEERDRINKERS should be shut down so that stupid worthless scumbag spammer will STFU. Or at least have nothing to spam about. Or maybe he will spam a different name for a change.

Comment

Maybe you should stfu and stop crying. The spammer has NOTHING to do with beer drinkers...get it through your thick head.

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy View Post
                    Maybe you should stfu and stop crying. The spammer has NOTHING to do with beer drinkers...get it through your thick head.
                    Now, now, taffy, there's no need for name calling. He didn't attack you or your server. He even acknowledged that jarred will probably "spam a different name for a change."

Maybe you could ban him from beerdrinkers if he doesn't stop...

Comment

• Chief Beerdrinker claims to be hurt by spammer's destruction as much as or more than the community that's being spammed
                      • Chief Beerdrinker has been reduced to hurling personal insults at spammed people who actually hate the spammer

Clearly, spamming works.

Originally posted by xeanderthal View Post
                      Maybe you could ban him from beerdrinkers if he doesn't stop...
                      No, we've been through this. Banning the spammer is a terrible idea that will never work, as Taffy has demonstrated, because
                      OH HEY look what's that over there . . . .. . . .. . ... .... ........

Comment

Jared is to Osama bin Laden as Taffy is to Afghanistan. Taffy, you are harboring a terrorist!
                        At this point I don't care. I don't like Taffy (now that was a complete B-hole to me), Beer Drinkers, or Jared. They're all part of the same problem as long as Taffy allows it to happen. But why would Taffy stop it? Less players on other servers means his server's rank goes up even if no one wants to "GOTOBEERDRINKERS".
                        I am frustrated at a horrible player & script kiddy who's trying to kill UT3 while it's already hurting.

Comment

i often feel frustrated to leave in Europa (the feeling to have no access to the best/last servers)....but while reading all this i suddently have a doubt +.+

Comment

Any other map suggestions? I see there is a new Bonescraper beta. I've played it and it's smooth

Comment

Originally posted by UTPlayer529th View Post
                              Any other map suggestions? I see there is a new Bonescraper beta. I've played it and it's smooth
                              The original map author apparently doesn't approve of the map being changed and doesn't want it distributed.

There are a lot of great maps on the server that get very little play time. I think I could probably eliminate all of the maps except the top 7-8 maps and few people would even notice

I just checked a file on the server and Deck has been played 9050 times. This isn't since the server was created, but since the titan expansion when the server was wiped clean and the game re-installed.

Comment

I would just like to see someone create "Bridge Too Far" from Battlefield 2 Modern Combat

Comment

Working...
                                X