Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers: Map suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers: Map suggestions

Hello. I'm posting this here cause I think the General Chat section gets most of the traffic around these parts, ha! Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers is a DM server, 216.52.148.178:7777:6500 I've been seeing alot of chat about the same maps over n over and I've pm'd Taffy about this asking about getting new maps in the rotation. In my second reply back to him, I suggested to take a poll or take suggestions for new maps. Now, I'm thinking why not take this upon myself to get suggestions from the players/community who play there and then take it from there. I think I've only checked the Maps section once or twice in the past 3 or so yrs so I am not hip with the map scene. To make this short n sweet, what maps do you want to see in the rotation? I love DM but Deck, Defiance, Camp Grounds, and Sentinal are getting long in the tooth if you know what I mean

So lets hear it!

i like bonescrapper facemash,elements,bloodline is fun. there's actually a fair bit of maps on that server that i have yet to play as well.

lots of the maps i'd like to see in public, i can't find on an appropriately pinging server. (all the porksword orbitals, as well as personal favorites, Dg waterfalls, and garden of dreams.) and others too many to name without going to look.

Comment

I like:

Bonescraper
      Intercept
      Churn
      Z
      Ninja Paradise
      Gutter
      BigWig
      Roughinery
      Subterrane
      Achilles Beta - if this maps scale was smaller it would be pefect

I do like those stock maps i did mention.

Comment

Thanks for the thread 213.

I was thinking about making a thread but then I thought people that made suggestions would get mad if they didn't get the map they wanted. Also, I think there are a lot of players on the server that don't visit the forums here.

Most of the players remaining are the harder core traditional players. Most of them are pretty picky when it comes to the maps they play. They don't like low gravity, invis and invincibility powerups, and tend to like the HOLP type maps.

There have been a huge number of maps that have been put on and removed, either because of complaints or they just weren't played.

But yeah, if most everyone can agree on some different maps we can try them out and see how they do. IMO there are some very good custom maps on the server but for some reason most of the regulars would rather play the same ones over and over.

Anyway, I'll be checking out this thread to see what we can come up with.

Comment

yeah, a lot of the maps i like don't reeally lend them selves to the more competitve nature of play at your server. larger, prettier, lo grav, as you mentioned.
          and so on.

Comment

I remember when I put McDonalds on it was a blast hahaaaa

Comment

Was that something like Burger wars?

Comment

Well 213 and rek give me your favorite map or two and we'll try them out, low grav, all powerups,...whatever

And JoUT3 nitro was on at one point, people had an interest but it didn't last very long...probably because it was an unpolished alpha/beta.

Comment

I'm on right now. Not sure which maps to add. I'll ask people in-game to get some suggestions.

Comment

A guy suggested all the "HOLP DM" maps, and "Gothic"

Comment

Got a suggestion for Deck FPS
                      A new Intercept - i think there is an InterceptTW ? er something.

Comment

I've seen a copy of CS-DUST 080 for UT3. One of my favorite maps from UT2K4. I'd love to see that one on the server. I started one myself (version of DUST) for UT3, never finished it: http://twitpic.com/hiw7u/full

Working on getting my Entoxic map into UT3.

Comment

I can't find a good link to Gothic, and I can't find the other intercept map. Can't find CS-dust either? I remember dust from 2k4 and I thought I played a ut3 version. Help me out if you have a good link. Thanks.

There are about 25 HOLP maps, can you give me 2 or 3 that we can try. I don't know if it would be a good idea to put them all on at once.

Comment

Taffy, I vote for maps w/ WREX :]. We had an obvious hacker on today. Lion or something like that (maybe just the utcomp name). Shock_trooper noticed him first. Between him and the Da_Gunrunner bragging for "winning," I was about ready to bail.

Maybe you could at least do an experiment. Just see how many regulars install WREX when their favorite (and maybe only) server requires it. Or even have a voteable WREX option (if that would be possible).

Comment

Well... As I was mentioning in another thread, I was suggesting that we have a Mario Kart-style map where between 4 - 8 combatants become drivers, and each player has their own "garage" style starting position, where you have your own weapons locker, your own health and armor stations, a unique power-up, and either a Hellbender, Scorpion, or StealthBender as your vehicle that you drive around a track. Now, suggesting a map like this may require a bit of modding, but I'm sure it's doable, since I've seen vehicles used in Deathmatch mode before (DM-HeatRay comes to mind). However, I'm talking more on a grand scale vs. that of just one or two that one player would be fortunate to ride around and blow everyone away in. Seems like I still see this style of map take off and put a band-aid on UT3's lifespan. Not saying I'd be successful, but...at least this would be a suggestion for those looking to put together a free-for-all "death race" so to speak.

Comment

Working...
                              X