Where did all the PS3 servers go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did all the PS3 servers go?

All the official server have been gone for a little while now. Are they coming back?

I think maybe someone sat on the server again. So careless!

Comment

whats a ps3?

Comment

depending where it s turned ,they re gone with the wind

Comment

Even when I bought the game last year the servers were pretty empty. This game was never that popular on the consoles I guess. Not like GTA4 which is still full of players, even 5 years after release.

Play something else man, theres much better multiplayer games on PS3 than UT3. I think the only selling point for UT3 on the consoles is that you could still download mods and make and play your own maps online (I guess thats a pretty huge *** selling point. I dont see any other multi-platform games doing that!)

I wont make a list of fun online games, but IMHO, GTA4 is one of the most entertaining online games on any system, ever made . F*cking hilarious! Just a shame the single player was so dissapointing, but the online replayability easily compensates for it!

I dont know about WoW or Guild Wars or any other MMORPG (AKA digital crack *******), since I dont have the time or patience for any of that ****, I just like to jump into a server and blast the hell out of some fools, or whoop their *** in an online race, with complementary "out the window" frag-grenedes!

Comment

It is or was going to die out completely eventually (probably soon-ish.)

The game was not that exciting at launch with its myriad of problems on all platforms (though I still don't regret purchasing the collector's edition), let alone years after the studio throws it in the closet.

It's just awesome Epic Games did/is still hosting the servers for all of their games. Not many publishers or studios do that today.

Comment

Yup, true. And that's also good for the playerbase, if Epic wouldn't keep them up, the games would die out, even though there is mod support.

I'm not saying which publisher but there is one who keeps servers up for just about a year for its games, probably just a poor attempt to make gamers buy the latest game so they can play online with a decent fanbase...

Comment

Actually the number of players on the PS3 is increasing. There is good number of regulars and the is a shortage of servers, the good servers fill up so fast during prime time.

There really is only a TDM, DM, CTF, and some duel servers left with good ping.

I wish I had the bandwidth to host.

Comment

^ UT3MOD.com's Clanwarz DM & TDM servers are good. So is nerd33's West Coast server(DM & TDM).

Comment

Originally posted by MrBronx61 View Post
                    ^ UT3MOD.com's Clanwarz DM & TDM servers are good. So is nerd33's West Coast server(DM & TDM).
                    Yes, I play on the clanwarz servers ALOT but only sometimes on nerd as it is often laggy for me. I want more warfare and CTF though, and some instagib.

Comment

Originally posted by |213| View Post
                      whats a ps3?
                      PlayStaion 3 Games is PS3 Mean.

Comment

Originally posted by |213| View Post
                        whats a ps3?
                        PlayStaion 3 Games is PS3 Mean.

Comment

Actually Unreal Gladiator, I find both Clanwarz & nerd's to be laggy. The more players that get on, the slower I get.

Comment

Working...
                          X