Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

WREX anticheat - basic tutorial

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll try to update the process of the logchecking, but i need to recode it fully in another language than PHP, so it may take time, which i lack those weeks.
    Elcro is going to update the process aswell at Wrex side, so there will be many things to update, meaning lot of time.
    The log process is far from being perfect i know, but that's the only thing we can provide at this moment, sorry.
    We'll keep you informed once we have some new stuff ready to use.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavVador View Post
      I'll try to update the process of the logchecking, but i need to recode it fully in another language than PHP, so it may take time, which i lack those weeks.
      Elcro is going to update the process aswell at Wrex side, so there will be many things to update, meaning lot of time.
      The log process is far from being perfect i know, but that's the only thing we can provide at this moment, sorry.
      We appreciate what you guys have done. We'll be waiting for any changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavVador View Post
        I'll try to update the process of the logchecking, but i need to recode it fully in another language than PHP, so it may take time, which i lack those weeks.
        lol, still flogging a dead horse. UT3 is community is going no where. Dead game.

Comment

• http://88.191.144.26/logchecker/logs...d527a36613e19f :/

Comment

• Jetspandex said (2/15/12):

It wasn't loaded because I don't use it regularly (or online at all). I was scared sh*tless when I saw that log and deleted those files right away.
            Hmm, looks like they're there again.

Comment

• All new directories too, wonder what the excuse is this time.

Comment

• Haha OOPS. Yeah I had a back-up on a flash drive g:/ in case I needed to use it as an anti-cheat/radar detector of sorts. It works in demos too, and thus it's a good way to know if someone is reacting to what they see behind walls. All I need to do is execute UT3 with the radar, start the demo, find the suspected player, and watch him/her with behindview. (Drama like this could be avoided if a radar were somehow integrated to WREX and only available during demorecs...) But I know how much you all love me thus far. Being "caught" twice with a (albeit Loaded:False for both occasions) radar, I expect lots of ridicule.

Comment

• Originally posted by JetSpandex View Post
                  Haha OOPS. Yeah I had a back-up on a flash drive g:/ in case I needed to use it as an anti-cheat/radar detector of sorts. It works in demos too, and thus it's a good way to know if someone is reacting to what they see behind walls. All I need to do is execute UT3 with the radar, start the demo, find the suspected player, and watch him/her with behindview. (Drama like this could be avoided if a radar were somehow integrated to WREX and only available during demorecs...) But I know how much you all love me thus far. Being "caught" twice with a (albeit Loaded:False for both occasions) radar, I expect lots of ridicule.
                  Oh really. Who have you been watching with it? Who should we look out for? Having a radar hack handy makes you just a little untrustworthy, Jeff. Just keep using WREX.

Your friend Isis4 annoyed me quite a bit the other night (Thursday). He/she said you were there with them (next to him at the computer). Actually he said he was Alice, your wife. He said that he hadn't played in years, but that's surely a lie based on how well he plays greed (watched him today). I see that you're playing Greed with him today. Maybe you'd care to tell me who he is (wouldn't tell me).

Here's his gametracker page. He obviously just created that name.

http://www.gametracker.com/player/isis4/?game=ut3

Comment

• don't want to derail this but could someone explain to me how radar works? 1 point i see as silly is if 'Radar' implies that you can see through walls, i don't even think it's that big advantage.. you have to have good aim for one and most importantly, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by |213| View Post
                      don't want to derail this but could someone explain to me how radar works? 1 point i see as silly is if 'Radar' implies that you can see through walls, i don't even think it's that big advantage.. you have to have good aim for one and most importantly, no?
                      That hack is a wall hack (you can see the other player through walls). I'm not sure if there's a radar with it or not. But it's called "UT3 Radar."

A hack with either one of those features gives you a huge advantage. If you know where the other player is, then you can avoid them if you're low on health, or you can surprise them around corners or from above/below. But yes, if you're opponent has significantly better aim, you might still lose. It's most effective in dueling, where prediction is crucial. If you can see through walls then prediction is MUCH easier, and really isn't "prediction" anymore.

Comment

• I know enoch. I don't expect everyone to trust me. I can only explain myself and then continue to use WREX and go about my business.
                        There are a few people in the Greed server that are suspected strongly of using radar. I don't want to name anyone here, so I'll PM you if you want to know.
                        And about Alice: she and I are together. I'll PM for further details.

Comment

I know enoch. I don't expect everyone to trust me. I can only explain myself and then continue to use WREX and go about my business.
                          There are a few people in the Greed server that are suspected strongly of using radar. I don't want to name anyone here, so I'll PM you if you want to know.
                          Ok, I got your PM and responded. Let me know if you got it, I don't see anything in my "sent" folder.

Comment

I know enoch. I don't expect everyone to trust me. I can only explain myself and then continue to use WREX and go about my business.
                            No offense but on the greed server, everyone who kills anyone is considered a bot or radar, the greed server is hardly anything to use. Actually the warfare server is turning into that too.

"omg you killed me while I was moving, botter" "omg you killed me with the bender when I had 40 skulls and now I am raging, botter"

The greed server is a small group of players who just like playing the same two maps over and over but soon as someone kills them with the tiniest amount of skill, they are branded botter/radar. First it was botter and now the common thing to whine about is the person is using radar. I actually feel like making some name up and saying it on the server just so people start saying something else because seriously, that is how clueless most of them are. The need to brand someone and run around mindlessly, outweighs the need to improve skill.

Comment

• Originally posted by littlesheriff View Post
                              No offense but on the greed server, everyone who kills anyone is considered a bot or radar, the greed server is hardly anything to use. Actually the warfare server is turning into that too.

"omg you killed me while I was moving, botter" "omg you killed me with the bender when I had 40 skulls and now I am raging, botter"

The greed server is a small group of players who just like playing the same two maps over and over but soon as someone kills them with the tiniest amount of skill, they are branded botter/radar. First it was botter and now the common thing to whine about is the person is using radar. I actually feel like making some name up and saying it on the server just so people start saying something else because seriously, that is how clueless most of them are. The need to brand someone and run around mindlessly, outweighs the need to improve skill.
                              Oh wouldn't it be great if everyone on the greed servers would just go play at the dfb vctf server. No titans and better maps. Lovely. Vctf is the stepping stone to greatness! ...well as long as you pick maps not dominated by vehicles. It will force you to develop your long range skills. Bombachu and Oldskool are vctfers, two above average DM players also. Genjitsu was too, if anyone remembers him. I liked that guy. And there's Unreal.inc...he plays a bit of DM...or he use to. There's probably more.

Comment

• Originally posted by enoch84 View Post
                                Oh wouldn't it be great if everyone on the greed servers would just go play at the dfb vctf server. No titans and better maps. Lovely. Vctf is the stepping stone to greatness! ...well as long as you pick maps not dominated by vehicles. It will force you to develop your long range skills. Bombachu and Oldskool are vctfers, two above average DM players also. Genjitsu was too, if anyone remembers him. I liked that guy. And there's Unreal.inc...he plays a bit of DM...or he use to. There's probably more.
                                I would love to have VCTF up and running, MTV's server was getting people but now half the people can't connect to it. I'm about to make mine a temporary vctf server.

Comment

Working...
                                X