How comes such people are still around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Oh suspense only, I've probably seen and played on it. I never paid attention to name of it then I guess.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How do you know this?
    When he joined there was another German I was talking with in the game.
    He called him nazi too, he left shortly after (however, it was late anyway and he said that he was about to leave).
    This made me come to the conclusion that he must have something against Germans (and I'd say also other peoples since calling Germans nazis is basically racism) in general.
    How do you know that?
    Example: Stinger.
    And you said he was probably offended by this one sniper kill I did and you drew the parallel - basically what Blitz mentioned.

many idlers
    Oh and idlers are not always doing this on purpose. In most cases it's because their UT or PC crashed and something similar to the duplicate login happens. You can log-in normally but cannot join that server you were on before the crash until at least one round is over. Believe me, I had this happen often enough (thanks to my bad luck with technology during this 1/4 year).
    In this case notifying the admin of the server or starting a kickvote is something useful.

However, same should be done when people insult others on a server or sabotage or spawnkill/basecamp excessively. Of course a problem is when there is no admin present on a server (just like in my situation).

EDIT: @ Gasolin3: Have you heard of the [GER|PFC] Suspense Only server? Yes, it's a German one (that's why GER) - and quite active/full on some days. However, neither admins seem to be present there nor are there any server rules.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sly. View Post
    The irony is that I was insulted on a German server. And since this person thinks that all Germans = nazis... See the irony?
    There is an active german server? What?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you guys are speculating. thats a bit ridiculous.

And since this person thinks that all Germans = nazis... See the irony?
    How do you know this?

Originally posted by Nightmare85 View Post
    Anyway, it makes me wonder why a single weapon can raise somebody's rage that much.
    How do you know that?

Like mentioned before, there are many spawnkillings morons out there (like on sandstorm with fury, some do it during minutes, since you spawn without avril, without stinger, without shock or sniper), there are many gloating and annoying players, many idlers, many team swapers, many snipers, many campers, strange, twisted multiplay admins, sh*t-talkers .... I think there are all kind of (weird) people in ut. compared to other games the atmosphere in ut is not really peacefully.

However, have fun with the witchhunt. All this talking is not changing anything. And remember: The OTHERS are guilty. Not we.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ahhh... a *********!....lol^^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Gasolin3 View Post
    I love to see bad mannering and insulting, fits the game. Also gets you banned.

Then there's spawnkilling, kills the actual fun of the gameplay and never gets you banned.

I love multiplay.

Why do it? Legimate question. The servers are international, are they not? What do you have to hide?
    The irony is that I was insulted on a German server. And since this person thinks that all Germans = nazis... See the irony?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MurdaOne View Post
    Their is a player who goes by the name of AngelFlyA1, he is the worst thing to happen to the UT3 community.

1. He constantly hurls insults at other players.

2. He constantly harasses noobs.

3. Whenever he is in a losing battle he quits.

4. Whenever he wins he berates the other players.

Its people like this that make new players quit the game.

He used to go by the name of HeadHunter[BLN], but he changed it after he wore out his welcome on different servers.
    From Berlin

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I love to see bad mannering and insulting, fits the game. Also gets you banned.

Then there's spawnkilling, kills the actual fun of the gameplay and never gets you banned.

I love multiplay.

Yup.
    Why do it? Legimate question. The servers are international, are they not? What do you have to hide?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Anyway, it makes me wonder why a single weapon can raise somebody's rage that much.
    Me too, although people complain about the Stinger too and call it spammy and think people should get banned and the Stinger should be removed (which breaks the whole balance and games are worse than with Stinger)
    Sure, when overusing a weapon all the time it can get a small little bit annoying - but is this something to rage about? Nope.
    Apart from that, I just shot that guy one time in the match with the Sniper Rifle (when I was going for the keg and he was jumping onto the tower with the kicker)
    I think there are a lot of worse things like spawnkilling by vehicles.
    Indeed, annoying.
    Originally posted by fireball
    E.g. Sandstorm & Fury & spawnkilling
    Good example. That's the reason why I prefer every other map (except for Stranded) over Sandstorm.
    Did you speak German when you played on that server?
    Yup.
    Maybe that player knew you very well?!
    Possible.

It's Volkswagen
    Indeed.

Btw, I like one-liners :>

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That is true.
    E.g. Sandstorm & Fury & spawnkilling

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's Volkswagen
    lol ...ooops

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's Volkswagen

Sly, how did the player (who insulted you) know that you're German?
    Did you speak German when you played on that server?
    Maybe that player knew you very well?!

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by fireball View Post
    I see a certain logical sense it. Yet I do not say that calling somebody a nazi is correct. The question was "What have snipers and some of the former nazis in common? -> Both are kind of cowards." Nazis were - obviously - in many ways cowards. Its not necesssary to list now examples for that. Anyway, if you doubt this point its easy to catch on it.
    sorry mate but this is one of the more stupid thing i ve read since long time...

snipers sometimes sacrifice them self to cover the retreat of their mates + i m sure that sly had prefer to be called "fraqn cowards" than Nazi....nazi is just not defendable and been called so especially when u are german is probably very hard to hear....

i know a lot of guys who drink liters of beer....nazis? lot of guys drive wolksvagen cars...nazis? common points....rofl!

dunno the context and noone care really but imagine u re a german rebel during this time and ur whole family have been killed by nazis....even if u have in common the same nationnality...and the sniper riffle
    joking about history isnt a problem for me and even been called nazi by a guy who loose control isnt a problem but trying to do such parallels between a guy sniping another and the nazi attitude....pffffff

Originally posted by ummie4 View Post
    Those that have been around long enough have probably give it out too at some point. Remember its just a game
    .....yeah

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This forum was down yesterday, data got lost. Now the forum is backed up again, but all postings from the last few days are missing, this means that contributions from the last few days (5th till 8th of June) were not backed up again. Thats why you will read now quotes which you can not find earlier in this thread.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Sly.
    After all this thread is not about whether the sniper is good or not!
    Sly, I thought this thread is about which actings can be annoying to other playeres. So when I found your statement, I was replying:

Originally posted by Sly.
    Well, I didn't really play. Just took screenshots and shot his head with my sniper off while he was in midair and barely visible - he was p***ed lol
    This statement made me think that you are enjoying and laughing out loudly when you shoot peoples head off with your sniper rifle, while they are in midair and barely visible. Then I was thinking about the vanishing ut3 community and tried to guess how long newbees may stay on such a server when that happens a few times to them.

I know, its easy to feel self-righteous and good and begin a witchhunt on others, pointing with the finger to them. Its a nice to feel superior. But it requires a good portion of bravety and discipline to reflect (first) about oneself.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    kick ummie he's spamming "^^"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X