No announcement yet.

How comes such people are still around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- seriously what is worse - a 1 line insult - or a 4 page thread that is more active people than UT3 itself.??
    Well, this could be one of the reasons why UT3 has almost no new players nowadays. Think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
      u know it happen to old players too, last nite on my own server (runs morpheus3 since 3 yrs at least on ut2k4) by "pro" player who wasnt abble to join mokkum server where he play habitually...
      he have spend all his time to comment the map and the players on the server, here s some of his ideas:
      -this s**t map isnt official
      -only newbies plays here
      -weapon stay is for lamers
      -low grav suxx
      -nothing but the "league"...?? wtf is that ?esl.eu?
      the guy was really skilled, so i bet he s a long time player, but each time someone was trying to reply to him he was typing/killing....he was like lot of "pros" rushing on the shield belt (sort of ****** imo) .....overusing the minigun to fix his lack of accuracy on long range aiming and using insultant words to everyone around him...
      ...nope i ve not banned him, we was a bunch of old farts on the server...we watched him doing his "spectacle" and than he left....
      noone invited him to play on our newbie server and we force noone to play on morpheus with or without weapons stay

if i have no problem to deal with a newbie raging & calling me with bird names i really dont understant & accept how long time players can still so stupid....but bah! long time player doesnt mean mature...right
      This attitude is very prevalent among the competitive players and has been since day one. It's the old "l337" attitude carried over from the first generation of UT players in it's new "scrub" form.

They either don't realize or don't care that this attitude has played a huge role in the demise of the game. They use negativity and disrespect to draw attention to themselves instead of being positive and encouraging.

They are also very poor losers. A month or so ago I was playing with one of these players and won the match. Instead of congratulating me and taking the loss like a man, the person starts going off on me calling me a "mini-*****" and wanting to "1vs1" LOL. He just kept going on about how " I suck" and need to "1vs1" him.

I left after that match. Sometimes I just don't feel like playing with these people. They remind me of my 12 year old spoiled brat nephew.

Comment

Originally posted by NovaZzZ View Post
        I will agree that there are a lot of ignorant noobs in the UT3 community. One reason we can't have any newbies stay to get better is because we have ignorant players that type bad things that may offend other players from playing again. Trust me, I've seen in it plenty of servers, plenty of times.
        Agreed 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
          *p.s. i would be happy to ban this person on the grounds of insults: but is it necessary?
          [hint hint to my fellow admins ]
          ^^. I also kicked some players spreading their insults to the chat. He re-joined after some minutes and was quiet.

Sly, i see you're playing VCTF. What's your ingame name? Quite nice to see an active player from Germany .

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
            Well, this could be one of the reasons why UT3 has almost no new players nowadays. Think about it.
            Global warming could also possibly be one of the reasons why UT3 lacks success. Probably not though, else someone should send the memo to Activision and Microsoft that bad manner makes games unpopular

Comment

I don't think anyone needs a memo, common sense says most players want to play on a server where there aren't a bunch of raging ********.

Comment

I
                Originally posted by jomi294 View Post
                Global warming could also possibly be one of the reasons why UT3 lacks success. Probably not though, else someone should send the memo to Activision and Microsoft that bad manner makes games unpopular

Wow, still trying to act like TSM? You're not even remotely funny as him. I finally got to see your ugly rat face, what a nerd cat 4 eye freak loser.

Comment

This obviously has nothing to do with newbies, but with the fact that political correctness has double standards on the Internet

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy View Post
                    I don't think anyone needs a memo, common sense says most players want to play on a server where there aren't a bunch of raging ********.
                    You would think so, but then the numbers speak otherwise. I guess it'll always hold true when the demographic of players ranges from 12 to 12 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy View Post
                      ... Sometimes I just don't feel like playing with these people....
                      thats it! after a hard day of work, u open a beer and try to relax a little...+.+

Comment

'Never argue with a fool. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience'

Comment

Their is a player who goes by the name of AngelFlyA1, he is the worst thing to happen to the UT3 community.

1. He constantly hurls insults at other players.

2. He constantly harasses noobs.

3. Whenever he is in a losing battle he quits.

4. Whenever he wins he berates the other players.

Its people like this that make new players quit the game.

He used to go by the name of HeadHunter[BLN], but he changed it after he wore out his welcome on different servers.

Comment

Hey. If you guys want to go on a witch hunt, since that's where this discussion is going, then I can enumerate several names too, believe you me! LOL!!! But... (1) what's the point, and (2) where do we draw the line between personal opinions, "widespread" opinion, breaking unwritten rules, and actually breaking ban-worthy rules? I mean, we, the good guys (right?), could document and blacklist all the baddies "for the good of the community," but that just fosters a community of whiners. Once inexperienced players notice our higher standard, they will use their own poor judgement to call out other players for perceived offences. That's just the way of things.

The Internet empowers people to say (and do) some very dumb things that they probably wouldn't say if they never went online. We have entire subcultures devoted to just that. I dunno... when we run into these people--or really, when they run into us--we can just remind ourselves that we are "better" than them because we don't stoop to their level, but that only goes so far. Usually, they will jump at the opportunity to ruin someone else's fun, once they identify someone's weakness and devise a means to exploit it. Real accountability for one's actions on the Internet is a looming topic for debate, but I've always believed that enacting any such measures would be contrary to what the Internet represents, at least with regards to online entertainment. I digress... Sorry if that wasn't completely cogent. We can't fix poor online behavior with words alone, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
                              thats it! after a hard day of work, u open a beer and try to relax a little...+.+
                              Exactly.

And it's a little hard to relax when you have some e-punk spamming "You f-ing f*ggot noob...you suck!" every 30-60 seconds like what happened last night.

Apparently it was my turn to be his target and I put up with this for an HOUR before I finally told him to shutup.

More players are getting perturbed at this person and something has to change.

Comment

Those that have been around long enough have probably give it out too at some point. Remember its just a game

Comment

Working...
                                X