Unknown ban! Admin, what is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Great, thanks yellowbird! I'll comment fully, later but for now I don't seem to be banned
    and have just finished fraggin on epic#2 warfare. will update this asap!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Gameslaya View Post
    I think I was in a game where someone similar was apparently AFK for a whole round.

Personally, I don't give a ****, but some people were pretty livid. In this case, it wasn't your fault, but some people go AFK just because they can.

On the official Warfare server, this is very bad. The regulars on that server have been playing for a long time, and as such the game can get very competitive. (So competitive, in fact, that every second counts, and one AFK player can guarantee defeat. Even a noob player will provide more use than a player who isn't even playing.)

So, (this goes for everyone out there) please disconnect if you are going to go AFK for more than five minutes. Some people will get angry otherwise.
    Confirming the bolded part . Quick traveling and speed in general add to a WAR player's value. The sooner you get to a contested area, the sooner you can be valuable to your team (and you can do this more times a game if you need to rush a point). Being the first to the scene can give your team a moderate advantage if you use your time well. Anyways... that had nothing to do with Jack's situation. I just wanted to say...

Originally posted by Gameslaya View Post
    Anyway, this is why you got banned, probably. People just don't want to deal with the deadweight on their team, and can ultimately empty the entire server for a night (due to rage quits)

If you can contact the server admin, you might be able to set things right.
    ...that this is not the case. I believe Jack usually gets disconnected immediately or after a few minutes but not for whole rounds like some. And Flak can and should reverse your ban. You've done nothing wrong in my eyes. Send her a PM, be polite, and tell her I said this .

As for your situation, I'd recommend a by-the-book reinstallation of the game, which requires wiping out your current installation first, but I imagine that you've tried that already. Also, you might want to look for your NIC's most recent driver and clean install that, and your router's firmware while your at it. But the cause for and resolution to your issue probably isn't at your end anyways...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys, thanks for all of your info & support!
    I have nearly given up on UT3, many times, because of all the previously mentioned problems; BUT, it's because of the amazingly supportive & fun UT community (like yourselves), that I keep persevering & enjoying this great game
    Thanks again, I learn something new or useful from players, every time I play UT3 or browse this forum!
    I have great respect for all who give their time, knowledge, talents/skills etc, for the benefit of all.

JP-J

Leave a comment:

• replied
    do you have the game installed in the default directory on c? or is it somewhere else. I have had this kinda problems (not remembering settings) when I had the game installed on a different drive. use -nohomedir command in your desktop shortcut. goes right after ut3.exe.
    however I never lost my settings after duplicate login problem.
    btw, your IP is not banned after you have been kicked from the server by players (I think). It's not permanent, that's for sure.

and if you have been banned by admin. I second geronaho, no need for ban for jack.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    jetpack jack good player. No need for ban. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I had the DLE happen last time too, it was after the maintenance though.
    I lasted for an hour and then it was finally gone. Maybe you should give your UT a break and wait. It's possible that it wil be gone after a while

Leave a comment:

• replied
    blame gamespy. if you can't login to your profile properly you will be stuck with the default game settings. just PM Flak about ban (if she's still around...)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't know what happened with your settings. But I can tell you... You have never been banned from the server.

PS : (GameSpy Planned Maintenance Tue May 24 01:00 - 03:00 PDT), maybe you had a problem during this time ???

Leave a comment:

• replied
    tnx gameslaya, I understand entirely, all that you've said; but with respect, I had to be in game for about 30 seconds 'afk' in order to screencapture the errors!
    I'm often amazed at the number, frequency & duration of afk's and am equally frustrated by them as everyone else! I usually 'brb', disconnect, then rejoin.

do others have their settings reset when 'duplicate login's occur? (& I mean ALL in-game settings)? e.g all keys unbound, gamepad enabled - never even owned a gamepad!, all audio sliders, mouse motion, character, weapons options, HUD, ..... everything is messed up! Then it takes ages to set everything up, again.
    All advice is welcome. JP-J

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think I was in a game where someone similar was apparently AFK for a whole round.

Personally, I don't give a ****, but some people were pretty livid. In this case, it wasn't your fault, but some people go AFK just because they can.

On the official Warfare server, this is very bad. The regulars on that server have been playing for a long time, and as such the game can get very competitive. (So competitive, in fact, that every second counts, and one AFK player can guarantee defeat. Even a noob player will provide more use than a player who isn't even playing.)

So, (this goes for everyone out there) please disconnect if you are going to go AFK for more than five minutes. Some people will get angry otherwise.

Anyway, this is why you got banned, probably. People just don't want to deal with the deadweight on their team, and can ultimately empty the entire server for a night (due to rage quits)

If you can contact the server admin, you might be able to set things right.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Unknown ban! Admin, what is this?

Unknown ban! Admin, what is this?

I've just been 'duplicate login'ed for the 7th time in about 4 hours, on server 'UT3 Warfare Epic#2', which is ridiculous to start with; on-top of which my game settings (ALL of my in-game settings) are reset when I try to join the game I've just got dup-logged from. to add insult to injury, I get forcibly removed from the above server, while trying to take in-game screen-shots of the messed up settings, (only about 30 seconds) (some people are AFK for a whole game & don't get kicked; some people are rude & insulting & make obscene comments for a whole game & don't get kicked) so after restarting UT3.exe because it 'stopped working unexpectedly', i now have the message 'your IP address has been banned on this server'!
    You have got to be kidding ???
    What the hell is going on?
    I'd expect at least some kind of warning or reason, if i had actually done something wrong, but i am absolutely gobsmacked.

Is this something that perhaps Flak can explain?
    ----------------------------------------------
    UPDATE REGARDING ORIGINAL POST !
    It appears I'm fully able to play on U.S epic#2 warfare again.
Working...
X