UT3 Announcer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Announcer Question

Does anyone know if the announcer's voice samples have copyrights to them?

I'm asking because I want to use his vocal sample "Denied" in a song of mine which I plan on selling for profit on iTunes.

If there are (which I think there are, but not sure), does anyone know what I can do to contact Epic and request consent to use their content?

Sorry if this seems off topic, I was just unsure which forum section this belonged in and it seemed to fit best.

Thanks for your time guys

-Tyler

I have a feeling everything used in the game is probably under copyright protection of some kind. It would probably be a good idea to contact epic.

Comment

Figured. I tried searching for a contact email for epic but nothing came up.. does anyone have an idea how I could get in touch with them?

Comment

Contact

Also found at the bottom of every forum page.

Comment

Sadly, they'll probably deny your request.

Comment

I think the same. If it would be a song for free (and you own the game) I think they might allow it (still not 100% sure though) but if you want to sell it I seriously doubt it.

Comment

It is copyrighted. Every content in the game is copyrighted.

Maybe you can get to an agreement were Epic will get, lets say, 20% of your profit. Or maybe they allow you to use just with one charge or not use it at all.

Good luck mate

Comment

Considering you said you were going to sell it for profits, it will be tough. Have your agent contact my agent and we will forward the information to Cr4zy's agent who will in return direct you to a link where you can find the the appropriate department.

If you have any further questions feel free to contact me personally at http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=795947

gl hf ggs

Comment

Do it anyway..... < <

Comment

Working...
                  X