some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some questions

I'm planning to get ut3 for PC and play it during summer but before that i have some question for the community:
    -is the community still alive?
    -are dev's working over the next UT? Should i wait for it?
    -is the third person mod still avaiable? like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-aIByNb_kQ . Does it fix online too?
    -Can i mod UT3 in order to get way faster movements, higher jump, infinite ammo and third person pov all together?
    -Which is the best modding tutorial out there?

Originally posted by Soapes View Post
    is the community still alive?
    The community is doing all right. It's nowhere near what it was when the game first came out, but it's hanging on.

-are dev's working over the next UT? Should i wait for it?
    It was publicly announced years ago that Epic Games was done with UT3 and official support (patches, mods, extra maps) by Epic Games was being cut off. The only thing anyone outside Epic Games knows is that the Unreal franchise is indefinitely shelved until a time when it would be advantageous to revive.

I personally say don't waste your time waiting for the next Unreal (Tournament) game. It's likely going to be several years until we see another game in the franchise given the current gaming climate.

-Can i mod UT3 in order to get way faster movements, higher jump, infinite ammo and third person pov all together?
    You can.

Comment

Ordered:P
      i was undecided between UT3 and Huxley, thanks for clearing my doubts

Comment

Good on ya, soapes! BTW a couple of good posts about playing tips & advice, sticky-ed above your post

Comment

thanks
          shortmessage

Comment

Welcome to the UT(3) community!

Ordered:P
            i was undecided between UT3 and Huxley, thanks for clearing my doubts
            I'm glad you ordered this game!

Well, I could have answered this question with this simple "equation":
            original Unreal + UT + Unreal Championship = the best of every futuristic (arena) shooters in one game with innovative gameplay and you can mod as you please!

If this is your first U-game I recommend to take a look at the original and first Unreal game for PC, Unreal (from 1998), and the other "two" UT games, "UT2kx" (which is UT2003 and UT2004, I'd just buy 2004 though, they're almost equal and have 75% the same content, however, UT2004 has more - from 2002 and 2004) and the first Unreal Tournament (from 1999, recommend the GOTY edition). You can get these games and Unreal II: The Awakening by buying the Unreal Anthology for about 5 bucks. You won't regret this, I don't do either. Each game has its own nice style and all of them can be modded!
            The Unreal games are masterpieces, especially Unreal 1, even if the graphics look ancient it has the strongest atmosphere I ever experienced in a shooter.

Keep in mind not to edit existing packages/packages that came with the game since this may cause online incompatibility.

Also if you just want to play UT3 online and you have experience with the other U-games you should still take a look at my tips list.
            There are many tips that even advanced players sometimes don't know of. Apart from that you don't even have to mod your UT3 to have fast movement. Dodging and walldodging does the same job, you just have to practise it a bit! Everything is explained in that list!

I once made a t-shirt to motivate people to play UT right after New Year, I'm not sure if people get the message right though...:
            [SHOT]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/8877/tshirt2011.jpg[/SHOT]
            Demoguy ftw!

Hope to see you ingame someday! EFF, YEAH!

Comment

can you sent me 1 of those cool shirt s sly

Comment

thanks for the tips Sly, cool t shirt btw:P
                To tell the truth i played the first Unreal Tournament GOTY edition for many, many years. I tried many other fps's like F.E.A.R., cellfactor revolution (a real disappointment), Crysis, Mirror's Edge, metro 2033 and i was about to try Huxley on a japanese server...but in the end i always went back to my UT. Partly because i spend more time on tps games than fps's (like max payne kung fu mod or any other kind of matrix-like stuff such as gunz 1 and 2), partly because UT is still the fps game i like the most. Too bad i lost the game long ago. Now i'm just going to but the latest ut

Comment

Working...
                X