Should Epic sell the UT franchise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    They shouldn't totally abandon the Unreal franchise, but they can work with a studio (hint: Digital Extremes) to handle the next UT, with their own supervision.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Duke Nukem Forever..

Wow, we will be able to play this game on a brand new medium (that is, if they won't shelve it again)!

The DVD!!

*absolutely ignores Bluray*

This makes me ask myself if UT4 or U3 will be on a Bluray if they will be ever released.
    Right now this new invention of the CD medium seems to be promising. The PS3 uses it for its games after all...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TKBS View Post
    -Duke nukem will not be the same as it was for us all those years ago...
    sure...it ll be hard to believe that u can finally put a DVD in and play it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No Moleste UT3!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UT3 was not a good release for epic at all: only the community can fix all the problems/ use all the physics and add everything to UT3 that should have been.

*The things that it is capable of, but that noone ever cared to take to time to do.

- we don't need epic now that they have given us Unreal through to UT3 and UDK ; they have made it quite clear that this is for us to use and improve upon, not for another UT addition to be thought about.

Why can't people just collaborate and make UT3 how it should be.?????

- Noone will ever make a platform game that creates the same environment and impact on real people that Sonic ever did-
    -Duke nukem will not be the same as it was for us all those years ago
    - Final fantasy will never re-create the immense immersion into RPG gaming as FF7 did.
    - Resident evil should have quit after resi 3- but they failed to learn their lesson
    -Metal gear solid will never be the same again and Hideo Kojima knows this and has moved on...
    -Richard Garriot could not improve or re-create the unbelievable world of Ultima 7- so he said f*** it im going to work with nasa.
    -people have tried to make an indiana jones [point and click] game, as good as Atlantis- they spent 15 years on it and never recreated it - even with technological improvements

** Either we work together to improve what we have or i suggest Epic should leave Unreal and never look back- move onto bigger and better things and we should all be happy to be part of a truly awesome series of games**

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No, I love Epic's hyperviolent style and (usually) immaculate polish. Another company would not do as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    N...........O........ spells NO!

only pro would be that we most likely wouldn't have to wait so long inbetween UT games, but the cons of what could happen way out weigh the pros of this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just take a look at what direction BF3 and CoD - Next?Ops is heading in terms of the multi-player platform (almost the same as HoN/DOTA2).
    Very few have the resources to compete with that, and that's what needed for a game like UT.

100's of dedicated servers on standardized pc setups around the world where the game is run more like an entertainment service.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That is the worst and the most suisside and crazy idea I had read in all time since I stay in ut world. Nobody unless Epic ( And DE when the first UT was released for first time in their story ) can embed the spiritual part of this game not the programming and design part for the game ( this one any company games can create easily an game but the spiritual feel never it would be/ is the same).

I hope Epic not to do nosenses with this suggestion from an user, thats not necessary. Let stay things as is it boys!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nightmare85 View Post
    I don't think it's a bad idea at all.
    Could UT3 really become worse?

The main aim wouldn't be to "balance" or "change" anything.
    UT3 has its known problems.
    Plenty of features are missing (good example would be the server browser) and there are "some" bugs.
    I don't think adding the missing features as "Being able to view the server browser when you are in-game." or "Adding a reply button to incoming messages." etc etc. would make the game worse.

In my opinion it makes no sense to change (CHANGE) UT3 after so many years.
    However, it's never too late for fixing annoying bugs or adding features that should have been there since release.

Just look at Counter-Strike Source.
    After so many years they decided to co-operate with another developer in order to fix plenty of bugs.
    They've done a good job so far I think.
    Okay, they've made a lot of gameplay changes which might not be tolerated by everyone, although I like those changes.
    But as said, I don't UT3 needs some big "balancing".
    (Just remove titan :P )

Cheers!
    bad idea...or good idea??!....selling the franchise or not will not change anything to this list....imo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't think it's a bad idea at all.
    Could UT3 really become worse?

The main aim wouldn't be to "balance" or "change" anything.
    UT3 has its known problems.
    Plenty of features are missing (good example would be the server browser) and there are "some" bugs.
    I don't think adding the missing features as "Being able to view the server browser when you are in-game." or "Adding a reply button to incoming messages." etc etc. would make the game worse.

In my opinion it makes no sense to change (CHANGE) UT3 after so many years.
    However, it's never too late for fixing annoying bugs or adding features that should have been there since release.

Just look at Counter-Strike Source.
    After so many years they decided to co-operate with another developer in order to fix plenty of bugs.
    They've done a good job so far I think.
    Okay, they've made a lot of gameplay changes which might not be tolerated by everyone, although I like those changes.
    But as said, I don't UT3 needs some big "balancing".
    (Just remove titan :P )

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sly. View Post
    Actually all has been said, no need to discuss more
    No! to the question and get DE back to work with Epic on the next U/UT-title.
    This poll will be considered closed. Thanks for participating. Have a good night.

Now visit the Official Epic UT3 Greed Server IP: 8.12.17.12

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Actually all has been said, no need to discuss more
    No! to the question and get DE back to work with Epic on the next U/UT-title.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hell no! Only people that can step up to the plate are id and Valve. The UT franchise is not Valve's style, and I don't trust id software enough to be in charge of Quake's nemesis.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nono View Post
    True, but DICE could probably develop some pretty mean futuristic vehicles. Never gonna happen ,but an Epic / DICE UT collaboration would certainly be worth a look.

The main problem would be that any other developer would probably mess up player movement, the key ingredient.
    But DICE can't do net code at all. And they also suck at weapon balance :B

Leave a comment:

Working...
X