Should Epic sell the UT franchise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    True, but DICE could probably develop some pretty mean futuristic vehicles. Never gonna happen ,but an Epic / DICE UT collaboration would certainly be worth a look.

The main problem would be that any other developer would probably mess up player movement, the key ingredient.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yeah i think that very good

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There are only three companies other then Epic i'd trust with UT. Digital Extremes (obvious reasons), id software or valve. Two of those probably won't use the unreal engine. So that leaves one. Who already have worked with Epic on it.

I don't think there are many companies out there that have the mindset to make an awesome PC arena fps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    no...probably not the best way to get something closer to the original UT spirit

Leave a comment:

• replied
    nonononononnononoo

but i am open to hear who you would think would make it better?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NovaZzZ View Post
    DE and Epic(as mentioned) did a great job on 2k4.
    And on Unreal and the first UT.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe Epic could co-work with someone again on UT? DE and Epic(as mentioned) did a great job on 2k4. They could pull it off again once the demand for arena fps goes up again(which is highly doubtful).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Really bad idea.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What is Unreal really?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i don't think so. If anything, they would keep the unreal engine bc thats where their money and community is for now. Also, a newer company would turn unreal into a Cod with a new, crappy game being redone every year, with all of us haveing to pay $ for map packs and not free downloads. I think the source code wouldn't be free anymore (which keeps the communinty going/fresh maps etc.) Unreal is not your typical fps, and I don't think it is meant to be. Today's gamers don't understand how unreal is meant to be played (in my opinion), and the hardcore UT community would be displeased if it gets turned into the common games of today. All in all, don't sell, but try and promote more.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just get an outside company to work on the next game (I still think Digital extremes would be the best choice). Have Epic do all the material and mesh work. Have DE do all the gameplay, maps and options.

I don't think Epic should sell the UT franchise.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    NO.
    Example:
    Legend Entertainment took over the original Unreal franchise and made Unreal II: The Awakening.
    Consequence:
    A flop and many complaints which led to the death of the original game series!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't think it would be a good idea, what with so many recent releases ending up being so terrible.

I'd rather give UT a respectable funeral than give it to another developer to put it to shame.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Should Epic sell the UT franchise?

Should Epic sell the UT franchise?

I've been giving this thought a few months now, and my question is, should Epic Games sell the Unreal Tournament franchise to another developer?

As you all know, Epic owns the name "Unreal" and the "Unreal Engine." Epic would specificly have to sell the Unreal Tournament name to another company, instead of the whole Unreal name itself(thus resulting in another developer owning all things Unreal itself!)

Confusing right? But the point is, my idea is that Epic sells Unreal Tournament away to another developer, a developer who would put all their time into the game, and a developer who knows Unreal Tournament!

Pros
    - A developer who cares(not saying Epic doesn't care about UT)

- Maybe better gameplay

- Give us what we want in a game

- More updates for the game

- Better care for the game

Cons
    - Maybe worst gameplay

- Not enough advertisement to spread the news about a new UT!

- May be a low budget developer

- I could think of more pros and cons, but you guys state some! xD
Working...
X