FileFront (Now GameFront)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FileFront (Now GameFront)

Is Anyone noticing that almost all the download files on UT3 has been deleted or corrupted?

Originally posted by CyberneticPhoenix View Post
    Is Anyone noticing that almost all the download files on UT3 has been deleted or corrupted?
    You can upload to that site without an account. However if you do this the file will be deleted if it isn't accessed for a certain amount of time I believe. This may be why there are so many deleted files.

Comment

this happened also in the past with filefront but like each time , the "submit to filefront" option save all my files...dunno if the options still avaiable but i ve lost no "submitted" file (i just checked^^)
      if u havent submit a file it can be deleted at any time ...+.+

Comment

Yeah, that changed awhile back.

I have lost all my UT2004 Map Pack bundles I uploaded but all my UT3 maps are still there and working fine!

...If you notice my sig below, I still have the old FileFront link which still redirects to the proper gamefront page!

Comment

I work for GameFront as a freelancer.

From the GameFront.com File Hosting FAQ:

Q: After I upload a file to GameFront, when will it be deleted by your system?
          A: If you are a registered user, your file will be deleted after 180 days of consecutive inactivity.

Anonymously uploaded files will be deleted after 7 days of consecutive inactivity.

Q: What does it mean if a file is “inactive?”
          A: It means that file was not downloaded at least once in a 24 hour period. Your files only need to have one single download per day in order to stay “active.” If they’re downloaded once per day for all eternity, they’ll stay alive forever.

Q: Are user accounts free?
          A: Yes! User accounts are totally free.

Q: Why would I sign up for a user account?
          A: With a free GameFront.com user account, you can easily view all of your uploaded files right there on your account page. Also, registered user files stay alive much longer. Register today! Your files will thank you for it.

EDIT: After talking to some of the GF folks... If you have a free user account and submit a file -- for free -- to the pub2 database, it will never be deleted.

Comment

Just dont upload to there anymore, upload to Mediafire or Megaupload where files dont get deleted at all, and their more reliable sites anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
              I work for GameFront as a freelancer.

From the GameFront.com File Hosting FAQ:

Q: After I upload a file to GameFront, when will it be deleted by your system?
              A: If you are a registered user, your file will be deleted after 180 days of consecutive inactivity.

Anonymously uploaded files will be deleted after 7 days of consecutive inactivity.

Q: What does it mean if a file is “inactive?”
              A: It means that file was not downloaded at least once in a 24 hour period. Your files only need to have one single download per day in order to stay “active.” If they’re downloaded once per day for all eternity, they’ll stay alive forever.

Q: Are user accounts free?
              A: Yes! User accounts are totally free.

Q: Why would I sign up for a user account?
              A: With a free GameFront.com user account, you can easily view all of your uploaded files right there on your account page. Also, registered user files stay alive much longer. Register today! Your files will thank you for it.

EDIT: After talking to some of the GF folks... If you have a free user account and submit a file -- for free -- to the pub2 database, it will never be deleted.
              Good to know! Thanks

Comment

Its not just Ut3. It seem all the files on UT99 might been deleted. I try to go the files but ended up http 505 error on. Which I kind of find that very strange.

I mean most the files in Ut99 been in filefront over 2 years or so and just now got having error or deleting them?

Idk the website acatually deleted all the files on UT99 or just having a error problem with it.

Comment

When I logged in the last times there was a message below the log in screen saying:
                  "We have had updates to our system recently."
                  This could be the cause. Files can get lost and if they're old "nobody" cares anyway (most people think like that, but yes. It's a shame that many UT99 file links are dead. Thanks goodness there are usually alternative links )

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                    When I logged in the last times there was a message below the log in screen saying:
                    "We have had updates to our system recently."
                    This could be the cause. Files can get lost and if they're old "nobody" cares anyway (most people think like that, but yes. It's a shame that many UT99 file links are dead. Thanks goodness there are usually alternative links )
                    same here and i cant use my old log/nick but now i need to enter my Email adress...though all my files still undeleted

Comment

Working...
                    X