X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can enable the blur
    I just disabled it.

The way I would use to achive it would be a difrent way that envolves this one. Somewhat the way I did to add HDR. This process just changes the current colours and stuff but maintaining the original feel.

Like a blue ambiented room would stay blue, but a bit changed.

I'll see what I can do. I'll also try to make an external program so people can change the look of the game with an interface. So players with no experience can also costumize this.

Comment

Oh, then I'm definitely looking forward to that.

Comment

Good then, I'm going to start today

Comment

Already have a prototype. For now I still didn't started on the program to change the colours and I'm still on the post process.

Comment

It will take more time than I expected. Maybe I'll even have to do some code inside the game. But still have it working online, because it would not be a mutator, just a class that the PostProcess would use.

Comment

Well, the longer it takes you to do this, the more interested I get. Your idea seems solid enough to work just right, although I'm not sure how you're trying to implement that.

Comment

For now it seems I won't need any coding. Maybe I will, but not for now.

The program will be hard tought, because I'll have to find a way to change the package with it.

Comment

I've already developed a prototype for the application
                  [shot]http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/4054/apppreview.jpg[/shot]

Now I only need to finish the postprocess and find a way to make the Application change the package.

Comment

Wow, you're awesome!

Comment

Thanks, I'm glad you like it

Comment

MAJOR BREAK TROUGH!

I developed an application to read the difrences betwen two packages. I made one package with a value of -1.4 and the second one with a value of -1.5, the result was the following:
                        [shot]http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1766/breaktrough.jpg[/shot]

The first text on the right (è• ¶®¼Cƒq7Éá¥Ö) means -1.4 and the second text (˜¥fmz8J´Ž…‚RÄ¿) means -1.5.

This is the most important part of the progress for today.

Comment

Only thing left for me to do is to separate the RGB channels so the user can change them individualy.

Comment

that's pretty awesome, the steps around SceneHighLights were confusing the first package I made I thought it said to make those same changes to SceneShadows and the game was really dark...LOL

Once I did it a second time I saw my mistake don't make any changes to SceneShadows. 8)

Comment

Ye, I spent some hours developing the tutorial, so it may get more confusing as you move on. xD

Comment

Good news everyone!

I'm using C++ inside UT3 to create a new PostProcessNode that will multiply the values from the level by the values you gave, instead of replacing the values in-game by the ones you gave.

This is even better than the last progress, it will allow me to do what is required from the beggining.

This will also allow me to add real HDR (High Dynamic Range) to the game instead of the fake bad looking one I had created before.

Comment

Working...
                                X