This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Not exactly this, but better configuration for the postprocess options. Especially relative ones, not absolute - that's why this solution is bad in certain places, yet the menu postprocess options and Blossom work good everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes, it indeed looks really bad in some maps. That is why Epic needs to include this in UT4

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Tks, Crazy
    It's no bother really, as I just got a new monitor with much better contrast, so will carry on with the default settings.

I do hope Epic decide to colour up UT4 UT2014 or whatever they call it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Transmitthis View Post
    While I love the colours, when using your engine config file - its a total "white out" when playing Avalanche, so much so, its unplayable, so I'm going to switch back.

Not able to edit it myself, but if anyone has already done an edit, that makes that map playable, by all means upload it
    Problem is most likley the same issue that occured in Downtown for me. for some reason the fog acts up and over brightens everything for no reason using certain modes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    While I love the colours, when using your engine config file - its a total "white out" when playing Avalanche, so much so, its unplayable, so I'm going to switch back.

Not able to edit it myself, but if anyone has already done an edit, that makes that map playable, by all means upload it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    even ColourProcess_LC seems too contrasty for me in some places on most maps, so I prefer to go back to default ut postprocessing. anyway good job!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am glad you liked it JetSpandex

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OMG This is uber-awesome. Much thankies.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am glad you liked it Benfica

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very nice!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sort of, it sets destaturation to 0 and allows you to change what here is called BloomScale, BlurKernelSize and FocusInnerRadius. Like you said, it changes the volumes, but it works much like the Post Process option in the menu - it scales them instead of setting absolute values.

I'm looking forward to this. Keep us posted! (Oh, and school ends for me in 3 weeks too )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think that what Blossom does is just set Desaturation to 0 and then you can change Bloom and DOF.

I made a mutator called UT2007 Color, it will remove desaturation and give more color, the problem is that I used the same method as the Color Control author, I cahnge this in PostProcessVolumes, that leads to water processvolumes will also be changed to the same look as outside of water.

I have in mind a way to do this like the Post Process option on the settings menu. I'll work with it after school ends (3 weeks) and after some projects that have higher priority (maybe this one will be done first because it takes less time).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    First of all, great work on this tutorial here. It will sure come in handy, especially since this works online. Makes me wonder if there is something like that, but with an ability to add it to the postprocessing options, like Vivid, Intense, Muted etc. That would make it even more easy to select.

However, like Cr4zy pointed out in his readme, this way is unfortunately not as optimal as when you use Blossom, because the settings that you choose here are applied to every map indiscriminately. For instance, using the settings in the first post makes WAR-Avalanche white. Like, entirely white, with visibility being only a few metres when you're outside. The setting in Über Post Process Effect called 'bUseWorldSettings' controls whether the postprocess acknowledges the settings of individual maps and zones, however, if you check it, it will then not use the settings you set. So essentially if you use this method, you will always end up just like when you have 'bloom and DOF' disabled, that is, everything will look pretty much the same brown colour. Disabling desaturation and enabling Bloom makes it a bit better, of course, but as I stated before, changing the highlights, midtones and shadows usually has a negative effect on some maps.

The stock postprocess options (vivid, muted etc.) work differently, it seems. You can clearly see that they don't discard the settings, but influence them, keeping the mood intact (as Xyx puts it: These values act as multipliers on the postprocessing used by individual maps.) So if it was possible to create one of those, it would truly be the best option. But it seems that those are in player controller, which means that it could be only done with an offline mutator. Possibly that's what Blossom already does, I just can't check it because UT3Ed doesn't seem to have a script viewer :\

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No problem, I knew you were going to love it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Big Thx from the old farts gang ....we re no more blind

Leave a comment:

Working...
X