Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INI tweak color Exists

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    INI tweak color Exists

    I have found the way to change the game's color, bloom amount and much more.
    With this you won't need a mutator to get more color into the game.

    If you're interested in knowing how to do it, please vote yes.
    I am doing this poll because I would like to kow if it will be worth the time spent writing the how tutorial.

    #2
    Sounds good. The game is horribly under-saturated in most maps.

    Comment


      #3
      Post them IMO<3

      Also, anyone that has some utweapon dot crosshair coordinates? <3333

      Comment


        #4
        So long as this doesn't require bloom to be enabled. I'd love to be about to use post-processing without bloom and DOF. But no. If I want vivid contrasts that the PP provides I have to have blur-o-vision too. I could simulate DOF+bloom irl by rubbing some nasty sticky stingy liquids into my eyes.

        So yeah, if it can be done without having bloom and DOF enabled tell us.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by jomi294 View Post
          Post them IMO<3

          Also, anyone that has some utweapon dot crosshair coordinates? <3333
          CustomCrosshairCoordinates=(U=476.000000,V=29.0000 00,UL=5.000000,VL=5.000000)

          Comment


            #6
            voted no im affraid. If you dont like the way UT3 looks, or you want it to look more like UT2k4, then just go play that, UT3 is supposed to have bloom effects and the colouring is awesome, doesn't need to be messed around with.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by VACkillers View Post
              voted no im affraid. If you dont like the way UT3 looks, or you want it to look more like UT2k4, then just go play that, UT3 is supposed to have bloom effects and the colouring is awesome, doesn't need to be messed around with.
              Can't agree with you at all. I don't play UT3 for how it looks, nor many games for that matter. I play them for how they play.

              UT3 shouldn't be brown, no UT should. It got Gears of war style art, and it dulled it down no end.

              For any reason if you think images on the left are better, you have issues.

              [screenshot]http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/3816/ut3colour1.jpg[/screenshot]
              [screenshot]http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/8031/ut3colour2.jpg[/screenshot]
              [Default UT3/Increased Saturation+Vibrance]

              Desaturated to hell, and it sucks.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by VACkillers View Post
                voted no im affraid. If you dont like the way UT3 looks, or you want it to look more like UT2k4, then just go play that, UT3 is supposed to have bloom effects and the colouring is awesome, doesn't need to be messed around with.
                Downtown, that's colorful. With all that gray. And desaturated brown. Unless you have bloom+dof+pp on, in which case it looks blue. As they relied purely on a cheap PP effect instead of doing proper lighting work. But I don't want to play with an effect that appears to be emulating an eye disease.
                Military shooters have more saturation than ut3. Which is sad.

                Hell, I've made you an example using a rl photo. Bottom is the unedited photo, top is what it'd look like in ut3.

                [SHOT]http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t181/azurescorch/ue3bloomvsrl.jpg[/SHOT]

                edit:
                If you dont like the way UT3 looks, or you want it to look more like UT2k4, then just go play that
                Yeah, because both games play exactly the same, m'right?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Cr4zy View Post
                  Can't agree with you at all. I don't play UT3 for how it looks, nor many games for that matter. I play them for how they play.

                  UT3 shouldn't be brown, no UT should. It got Gears of war style art, and it dulled it down no end.

                  For any reason if you think images on the left are better, you have issues.

                  [screenshot]http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/3816/ut3colour1.jpg[/screenshot]
                  [screenshot]http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/8031/ut3colour2.jpg[/screenshot]
                  [Default UT3/Increased Saturation+Vibrance]

                  Desaturated to hell, and it sucks.
                  +1........................

                  Comment


                    #10
                    The pictures are enough to make me tell tell you how to do it

                    I'll make a new thread when I have it all ready to post. A link will be posted here

                    Also, with this you'll be able to disable whatever you want, change any values that you want. Offcourse that the values are of visuals only

                    Also, what is the property that is equal to vibrance but in UT3? (if there is one)

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I think the main problem was with the flat lighting which made the colour choices even more drab. Obviously they're using much better solutions now.

                      I know they won't but, if they updated UT3's engine and did only that one thing; improved lighting, it'd be transformative and totally worthwhile.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by 100GPing100 View Post
                        so, what is the property that is equal to vibrance but in UT3? (if there is one)
                        Probably isn't one, best chance is to play with post processing.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          OK, I see. Anyway, you'll be able to customize everything

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
                            Hell, I've made you an example using a rl photo. Bottom is the unedited photo, top is what it'd look like in ut3.

                            [SHOT]http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t181/azurescorch/ue3bloomvsrl.jpg[/SHOT]
                            Glad to see that I'm not the only one who noticed this!!

                            @GPing: I told you this today and you've already said that you'd do it in this thread but...
                            POOOOOOOOOST IIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111one1one eleven!!!!!

                            Comment


                              #15
                              lol xD

                              I am already making the post
                              It will be a new thread.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X