Please make another UT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HoLoPo1nT View Post
    Honestly, I don't feel that cheat prevention/detection/removal should be a user modded utility. It should be a server-side check or series of checks that can be toggled by admins to either allow or disallow cheats but it should be from the developer and imbedded in the server code...and patched as needed.
    about this i'm more than 100% with you .

Comment

Honestly, I don't feel that cheat prevention/detection/removal should be a user modded utility. It should be a server-side check or series of checks that can be toggled by admins to either allow or disallow cheats but it should be from the developer and imbedded in the server code...and patched as needed.

And you are right..the real culprits are those who have made a several year long campaign of public denial to try to convince people they are not cheating while being very sly with those cheats. In most cases, the natural players know who they are but server admins rarely take appropriate action and they always tend to slither back in.

Anyhow, I think one of the major flaws with the UE is it's hackablity. You see it in MMO's based on the engine and in the UT series and I'm not sure about other MP games based on UE but this should definitely be a concern for the developers to help admins police, not the players.
      +1

Although if epic isn't going to bother updating and they won't use a third party solution, then the least they could do is allow modders a shot at taking care of the problem. UT3 has no anti cheat and no ability to support anti cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
        To keep it short: UT3's bots cheat and have no real skill like in the forerunners of the game!
        Ideally, bots shouldn't be a big issue in a UT game. UT is really about online multiplayer against human opponents. If a UT4 is done right, then there should always be populated servers where you won't find any bots like it was back in UT99's heyday when you could find 3000+ people on the CTF servers.

When we have to start worrying about bots because there aren't enough people online to fill servers, it's not good.

Comment

Sure, UT3 is a multiplayer game, still the bots should be a good alternative to online play and not what we have now.
          Imagine you live in Alaska - one person here on the community does. He said playing online is awful due to the high ping. If there would be good bots the game would be more fun and a good alternative for those who can't play online because of their location.

And now to return to the main topic: UT losts its glory and it won't return that easily until the boring military shooters with "rpg elements", killstreaks and unlocks are almost entirely gone and Unreal 3 gets released. This would be a good promotion for a new UT and could spark interest in a new UT. Give UT4 UT3's gameplay with alternative gameplay for all gametypes (UT99 and UT2004 gameplay), fix the "heavy gravity" so that you can jump as high as in UT99, add some unlockable costmetic(!) changes like the UT99 Flak Cannon model as an unlockable model (that does NOT affect gameplay) AND develop it with the PC in mind and release it for the PC first, do not make the consoles the priority(!) and only then I would be sure that UT4 would have a good chance to have a similar - or maybe even a higher! - popularity as UT99 had back then (the possibility to play your favorite UT on Unreal Engine 4 with unlockable old (or maybe even entirely new and innovative) weapon models in better graphics should attract the majority of all UT communities!).

Comment

Honestly, I don't feel that cheat prevention/detection/removal should be a user modded utility.
            if you whold knew some of the creators that made antitcc for 2k4 then you whouldn't mind they are realy good and fair people.

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
            add some unlockable costmetic(!)
            unlockable like the 2 loading screens in ut2k4?
            just change the ini and it's unlocked. =P

Comment

That's probably what I would do. Nonetheless I would play the campaign, but with my favorite weapon models: UT99 Flak Cannon, Unreal 1 ASMD for the Shock Rifle model, UT99 Enforcer, UT99 Impact Hammer, UT3 Sniper Rifle, Pulse Gun for the Link Gun, Unreal 1 Stinger for the Minigun, UT2004 Bio Rifle etc. etc.

Comment

whold be cool if they create a new set of weapons. and then let the players/admins choose wich guns they want to bring to the fight (in a gamemode like team arena master, where you get all weapons on respawn.) and add some restrictions so people wont bring 5 different kinds of minigun/linkgun whit them.

Comment

Working...
                X