Please make another UT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    agree, so far the best idea, unfortunately, it's not gonna happen .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by jomi294 View Post

"that has nothing to do with superiority syndrom. I personally say this because of what ppl reports everyday from their experience and my own but i guess u will "counter-sarcasm" this also.
    WISEGUY(not?)THATSAYSTHINGSPPLDIDN'T"

Ya man i heard some friends of friends of friends say this games 2eznp. my bro also thinks 2 eznp. i feel you, and i'll report my research promptly
    LOL I don't get what your last comment meant to convey there entirely but alas I had to honour it, even if by a mere footnote.
    process done.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JetSpandex View Post
    Rock musics is superior to all other musics because I like these musics.
    rock music sux man gtho neow!

Genres aside games do seem to be catering for the 'casual' gamer more and more. Not just with multiplayer games either but single player games too.

Not that I've ever considered myself to be a "hardcore" or "pro" gamer. Those terms just sound silly to me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Rock musics is superior to all other musics because I like these musics.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jetpack_Jack View Post
    I think serious/dedicated UT3 players, seem to take pride in their long term achievements/success! Maybe that's the 'superior' factor that's evident in the 'UT franchise' community? It sounds like an oxymoron to use the phrase "serious gamer", where the definition of a game should be fun entertainment, with a mix of many elements like strategy, skill and satisfaction. As a landmark in gaming history (at least for myself), the UT series seems to have found an irresistible formula for an enduring game! Human nature being what it is, often means our competitiveness increases, as our appetite for success grows, in many areas of life's challenges & especially in gaming! Maybe these are reasons why games like tic-tac-toe, checkers, chess & even tetris have an element of addiction, that for me, also includes UT3
    The feeling of "I want to do better, next time I play" means, for me, UT3 ticks all my reasons to continue to play a 'superior' computer game! Very few other games seem to have the ideal balance (hence all the endless passionate threads of discussion) but gaming fashion & the revenue it generates always leads the industry. So I say, each to his own, but long live UT!

Yeah, this post illustrates it perfectly, the massive bias we [obviously] have towards UTx. Nothing inherently harder or superior about UT versus other series. In fact it is probably harder to play competitively and remain at the 'top' consistently in any of the modern warfare FPS due to the very steep learning curve, versus a gradual one for Quack / UT -esque games. Not to mention the amount of exponentially larger activity in any of these games. Sure you can pew pew in a random public server and "top the scoreboards" more often than not, inclusive UT / Quack, but it would be pretty naive to actually think that means anything at all.

"that has nothing to do with superiority syndrom. I personally say this because of what ppl reports everyday from their experience and my own but i guess u will "counter-sarcasm" this also.
    WISEGUY(not?)THATSAYSTHINGSPPLDIDN'T"

Ya man i heard some friends of friends of friends say this games 2eznp. my bro also thinks 2 eznp. i feel you, and i'll report my research promptly
    LOL I don't get what your last comment meant to convey there entirely but alas I had to honour it, even if by a mere footnote.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
    Fix my posts you sly person! O:
    Okay

Jk, but now back to topic:
    I agree with what Jetpack_Jet Llonewolf and all you others said. We just have to wait a bit until military shooters are out, then it's the right time for a comback of UT, until then we just have to be patient (don't forget that this might take some years (= maybe a decade))

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sly. View Post
    Fixed your fix
    Don't you be fixing my fixes you sly person! O:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think serious/dedicated UT3 players, seem to take pride in their long term achievements/success! Maybe that's the 'superior' factor that's evident in the 'UT franchise' community? It sounds like an oxymoron to use the phrase "serious gamer", where the definition of a game should be fun entertainment, with a mix of many elements like strategy, skill and satisfaction. As a landmark in gaming history (at least for myself), the UT series seems to have found an irresistible formula for an enduring game! Human nature being what it is, often means our competitiveness increases, as our appetite for success grows, in many areas of life's challenges & especially in gaming! Maybe these are reasons why games like tic-tac-toe, checkers, chess & even tetris have an element of addiction, that for me, also includes UT3
    The feeling of "I want to do better, next time I play" means, for me, UT3 ticks all my reasons to continue to play a 'superior' computer game! Very few other games seem to have the ideal balance (hence all the endless passionate threads of discussion) but gaming fashion & the revenue it generates always leads the industry. So I say, each to his own, but long live UT!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
    Originally posted by Cr4zy View Post
    But we all know UT players are superior
    Fixed it for you <3
    Fixed your fix

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cr4zy View Post
    But we all know I've got a huge ego
    Fixed it for you <3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    But we all know im superior

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by jomi294 View Post
    You people talk like there's no players at all wasting / 'training' their time in each of these new games or shooters. There's at least 500x the amount of people doing exactly that in each and every one of these new games. The only reason people shift from series is because they get a new entry every 6 months. Truly laughable if you guys really think you belong to some sort of superior breed LOL. HARDWORK4ALL!*Back2pewpew*
    Not at all Jomi. We've/I've played COD, BF and homefront. They are easier to get kills in and a hell of a lot easier to camp/lame in. You can get really easy kills in general especially in the newer games. That's not to say there aren't pro players nor a competitive side but over all these games are (now)designed to be easy.

I bought blackops, and a lot of the best players I saw quit after 100 hours due to various reasons and went back to cod4. ie one reason was weapon balance. Virtually no weapons had recoil and you could just spray and pray to get kills (I actually made a video of me running around like a spastic doing just this to prove a point). Then you get ludicrous killstreaks to reward campers.. Yes there is a barebones (no: streaks, attachments, perks) option but I rarely ever found a populated barebones server myself.

Homefront seemed like a good idea. But then they lowered the bullet damage because bad players cried louder than the good players. It was that 2 bullets would kill, 1 bullet if a head shot. Now it takes like 6-8 shots. (feel kind of ripped off over that, bought it expecting one thing and got another).

I'm not bad at these games. Quite often I can top the score boards. But I don't feel like I have to work for my kills. I just run around, see a guy. and he's dead. The most advanced thing I have to do is look at the minimap and take guess-shots through walls. Which often gets you banned for hacking..

(I still lol when people call playing games "training" xD ).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    that has nothing to do with superiority syndrom. I personally say this because of what ppl reports everyday from their experience and my own but i guess u will "counter-sarcasm" this also.
    WISEGUY(not?)THATSAYSTHINGSPPLDIDN'T

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You people talk like there's no players at all wasting / 'training' their time in each of these new games or shooters. There's at least 500x the amount of people doing exactly that in each and every one of these new games. The only reason people shift from series is because they get a new entry every 6 months. Truly laughable if you guys really think you belong to some sort of superior breed LOL. HARDWORK4ALL!*Back2pewpew*

Leave a comment:

• replied
    btw it's not a matter of age or how long u are in UT, this picture reflects more the general mood (go for easiness) than the "new wave" itself.
    Some new gamerz are still motivated to learn over months and months (we have regularely example here) of playing just that they are way few than before.

Well after all, i think some are right, it's maybe better for epic to wait a bit before realeasing another ut. It's simply not his era.
    And for me, that's one of the MAIN reason ut3 didn't have the expected success (not because uber lol bad and blabla), it's just realistic shooterz era . Until the culture of hard training and well the rewardness to overcome the difficulties re become a standard, whatever ut, as good it could be, will just or fail or have a small success (mainly because of the few that are still in this mood+utfan ofc).
    So no, don't do what very soon .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X