Please make another UT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nono View Post
    Well there are lots of possible formulas, the idea of a basic freeware game, with say a couple of DM maps, then using the paid DLC model for loads of new content is another promising one.

Some may say , "No to DLC!". But it may literally be a choice between this kind of sales model and not getting another UT full stop. I mean , let's face it, many think the idea that Epic will stump up the $ and time commitment to make an AAA UT4 after UT3's less than stellar outing is... unlikely , and this however dear the UT franchise is to them. Getting the core right in a freeware game, then expanding interest would be a lot less risky.
    that sounds prety much as a demo, something that 75% of other games do not have but ut alrdy got. + the player made stuff.

if it's a real hit people like "angel mapper" and other teams/individuals will be able to make greater new content then epic probably can =P
    epic just need to make a very strong base game.
    but some new gamemodes that give extra options to editors whold be nice.
    or did you want to leave the editor out of ut4? that whold be a major fail

Comment

Originally posted by partydevil View Post
      that sounds prety much as a demo, something that 75% of other games do not have but ut alrdy got. + the player made stuff.

if it's a real hit people like "angel mapper" and other teams/individuals will be able to make greater new content then epic probably can =P
      epic just need to make a very strong base game.
      but some new gamemodes that give extra options to editors whold be nice.
      or did you want to leave the editor out of ut4? that whold be a major fail
      Well, obv. it's not in my gift , but certainly it makes sense to include the editor and support and indeed welcome any and all new user generated content, as with previous UTs. But top quality, official, paid DLC would be what would support the 'core' game's expansion- the idea of a free basic game would draw massive interest and hopefully loads of new players- a ready made market. It might sound a bit crazy , but so did the free UDK . Now others all doing it eg. Crytek.

Basically, we're all just throwing ideas around hoping Epic will pick one up and run with it, they may think we're all posting ****, they may have better plans already, who knows?

Comment

whold be great if they had any idea. but from what ive heared from them they realy like what ut3 has become xD

i just hope they are not to naive that they will port ut4 to the pc. and again giving a slow console based gameplay like in ut3.
        els i have to get serius about creating 1 myself. but i got many more ideas that will have to wait then. so i hope not.

Comment

^ Consoles now lead the market unfortunately. They say the console model is now dieing but judging by the move to tablets, the increasing power of mobile devices and the popularity of low budget games on said devices, I doubt the PC is ever going to make a serious come back. The only people I know who actually own desktops these days study computer science or electronic engineering. Not saying you can't play on a laptop but the move to laptops has made PC gaming significantly less approachable.

Whatever they do, they should have a ranking system to make it more accessible.
          Fair enough, I found Halo easy until I got to level 30, then I had to really start working; but

UT is HARD.
          I think a ranking system would help new people ease into the game. They don't get that now. They just get smacked around, so new players don't stick to it.
          I've invited 3 friends to play UT3 fairly recently against the computer, and they all liked it - including 1 person who doesn't play games at all (and has weak co-ordination). I think online would deter them - and obviously unless you are like me, loving trying to beat the computer at instagib, offline play isn't as rewarding.

Tbh, I don't really actively encourage people to get the game because I know they would get smacked around online (if they managed to find a well populated room), quit, and then blame me for getting them to buy it.

Comment

They should of done what they did back in UT2003---->UT2004...... made a UT4 with the feel everyone was screeming for! ..and add back the BR and AS mods

They should have realized (and reacted proactively) on all the complaining and crying out for the UT2004 feel vs that crappy original ut feel (which didn't really work with this awesome engine) and It would have re Energized the community and fan base!

This Series would have probably doubled in size and still be thriving today if they would have done that!

Comment

Originally posted by Làámßø View Post
              They should have realized (and reacted proactively) on all the complaining and crying out for the UT2004 feel vs that crappy original ut feel:

UT99 fans say UT04's movement is ****
              UT04 fans say UT99's movement is ****.

They tried to make both groups happy and failed.

Comment

Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
                They tried to make both groups happy and failed.
                No, they were more focused on bring back the "original" feel!

2k4 was nothing like the "original" feel!

... losing a community is NEVER a good thing!

(but I still have faith in you EPIC! ....do the right thing and Knock it out of the Park next time! )

Comment

I don't want nothing, its not my right to want them to make another game. I just want them to do whatever they want, if it does not means the end of the UT series D:
                  I don't want to tell them how they should make the next UT because they did a great job with all the other games. UT didn't had nothing wrong, just maybe the colours because noone knew how to change them using INI Tweak until I found out how and went to play online with more color.

Maybe they should make the same game over and over but just with updated graphics. NO!, that is wrong. They need to change the game because they want to open it to more players, do you think kids now-a-days want a game like UT99 or UT2k4? Off course not, they want an easy game.

Comment

That's the problem. I don't want an easy UT or Unreal. Unreal (Tournament) shall remain an oldskool game with oldskool gameplay - means: No "modernization" of this game. It shouldn't remain unchanged though because then you could just stick to one game if you are not just about graphics. Just the core gameplay shouldn't be made easier to "attract" those COD players... A campfest is boring! Apart from that a few small changes are nice (like the comeback of the grenade function of the Rocket Launcher).

Comment

I just want them to keep on making the Unreal series, they allways make good games

Comment

If they're going to make a UT4 with customisable loadouts, bad weapon balance, effortless kills, and lots of micro awards every match to make gamers feel special and attract a wide market, then I would rather they didn't make it. We are seeing the CODisation of many shooters. You know what would be awesome? A UT99 version of Quake Live. Something like that.

Comment

Waste of time if they don,t fix the bots!

We need UT99 bots to make this game more acceptable to the masses.

Not ones that track you through walls, have player as number one target, all come after you when u have the flag or more then 10 skulls and know exactly where you are then and all the time.

It was botplay that first attracted me to this game and ever since 2k3 I have been extremely disappointed and annoyed with the lame bot coding that has been occuring.

Oops I forgot the etc,etc on the third line!

Comment

Originally posted by gargorias View Post
                            Waste of time if they don,t fix the bots!

We need UT99 bots to make this game more acceptable to the masses.

Not ones that track you through walls, have player as number one target, all come after you when u have the flag or more then 10 skulls and know exactly where you are then and all the time.

It was botplay that first attracted me to this game and ever since 2k3 I have been extremely disappointed and annoyed with the lame bot coding that has been occuring.

Oops I forgot the etc,etc on the third line!
                            I thought bots knowing where you are at all times was just an accepted paradigm of gaming.

Comment

Nah, somehow they behaved different in the classic UT and in Unreal's Botmatch mode/Deathmatch. What gargorias says is not that wrong but I have an explanation why it is like that:
                              This game is made to play online. It has bot support for offline and for empty servers to fill them, but it's made with online play in mind, means: Why bother with bots if you can do better stuff in the meantime, like working on weapon balance?

Since UT2003 the bots are a "reserve option", nothing more.
                              The majority of PC players have internet, it's standard. Back then it was different, that's why the old bots seem more "polished" to some of us (apart from that Unreal's AI (keep in mind that Unreal is an almost pure single player game with some kind of real story unlike in UT) - which was made for single player/coop! - was really awesome and UT was made out of Unreal. The Tournament bots are just a subclass of the Unreal Pawns).

Comment

UT4 Multicore next generation PC game!

Expect next UT4 to be Multicore next generation PC game! maybe in 2015, thats the gossipe on next UT4...
                                expect that it will be a real life VR experiance that you will nead a Ultra next generation PC, and that what will be more importante is that the player experince will most certenlly be Intence!

Comment

Working...
                                X