Please make another UT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    the entire PC unreal tournament community, will die if epic is going to make the new unreal tournament for the console again and just port it to the PC.

i can understand that they want to go to the console whit their engine 4.0
    since the console is where they can make the most money out of it.

but because they make the game for console. it loses the real unreal tournament feeling on the PC. the gameplay on the PC becomes realy crapy.
    and only because the console players can't keep up whit PC gamers if they didn't do that.

FPS games like unreal tournament belong on the PC. and so it should be made for the pc and then port it to the consoles. not the other way around.
    hack. all FPS games belong on the PC because the PC is the perfect system for a shooter. console shooters are ALL slow (like ut3)

i sincerely hope that epic games knows this. losing your PC community can very well be the end of the games popularity. since 90% of the game is player/user made. and we all know that console gamers do not use the editor.
    most console gamers don't even play the game for years. only a few month's then something els again. where the pc gamers have been loyal to EPIC since 1999

thx epic for turning your back to the unreal PC community.

all whit all. because epic games made ut3 for the console. it killed the fun we had whit the game serie (for pc gamers) ut2004 was a masterpiece but ut3's gameplay sucked big time. and it missed ALOT of game modes.

================================================== ========================

added edit: "and it missed ALOT of game modes." because epic wanted all the game modes in 1 game mode called "warfare" wich is basicly a upgraded onslaught. nothing more.

(ofcours there are exceptions.people who do like it. ut3 is not 100% dead. but i think the amount of servers and players compared to ut2004 speak for themself.)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cr4zy View Post
    The majority of the market won't demand one because the majority of fps gamers suck, they just want to sit in corners and spray.
    This is the truth unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post
    UT3 could really use the UT 2003 ---> UT 2004 treatment. They could increase the number of game types, add more maps, fix the user interface and server browser problems, and release a UT4 on the UE3 engine.
    +1, that would be the best solution.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post
    UT3 could really use the UT 2003 ---> UT 2004 treatment. They could increase the number of game types, add more maps, fix the user interface and server browser problems, and release a UT4 on the UE3 engine.
    Was originally planned by Midway to have two UT titles iirc. However Midway went bankrupt, so that never happened. The titan pack should have rebooted the game, but Patch 2.0/2.1 didn't address half the bugs so nothing changed in the end.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    +1 Sourpuss, I totally agree.

More and more Devs going back to the PC as leadplatform(see BF3 and various comments from EA and others). I sure hope Epic goes also this direction after Gears3 and brings us a new UT for us hardcore fans.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ws.iono
    I don't even particularly care for a new UT game, i personally would consider it an awesome gesture if Epic just picked up UT3 and said, "Hey, let's just polish this one a little more, and maybe bring the updated Unreal Engine into UT3".

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sly. View Post
    We just have to wait a bit until military shooters are out, then it's the right time for a comback of UT, until then we just have to be patient (don't forget that this might take some years (= maybe a decade))
    That might be a very, very long wait. When it's finally time for arena shooters to rise again, most of us will probably no longer be gaming.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jetpack_Jack View Post
    Maybe these are reasons why games like tic-tac-toe, checkers, chess & even tetris have an element of addiction, that for me, also includes UT3 The feeling of "I want to do better, next time I play" means, for me, UT3 ticks all my reasons to continue to play a 'superior' computer game!
    In that case, you sound like a good candidate for the 4x-RTS Sins of a Solar Empire, which has a great online multiplayer PvP component (on the Diplomacy expansion).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Another UT? I would be ok with just fixing, polishing, and remixing the current UT3. I'm more in to the multi player than the storyline sorry to say. Bring the oldskoolers back. Throw in rippers, flying on mantas, thorns, bedrooms, LG, irc....remove bloatware like gamespy. Oh bring at all together.

Honestly.. who uses gamespy lololol There is more activity here than Gamespy pc forums. o e o e o

Dear epic, if you need donations/contributions just ask don't throw in bloatware... Sounds like Hp lololol ok I 'm going titan now buh bye

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Epic should release the Unreal 4 engine and let the community create the maps and characters. For those of us that still want to play, although few and far between, I am sure we all agree, there will never be a game like UT!

If they would create the engine and a way to import maps/characters from UT3, so we could get a head start, that would pwn. Or, just make 2 or 3 maps and a couple chars and we will do the rest. A make something unreal contest sure gets a lot of people interested in mapping/modding. Let's do it!

P.S. Random 54 and Jet Spandex sux gOat B*lls. =D

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UnrealBomber View Post
    I want to see what the minds at epic can come up with...
    Bulletstorm and Gears of War 3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here's what I want to see at the very least... if not come out with a New UT Game, at least provide us with regular content updates... Bring some new life into UT instead of gamers having to rely on each other to do it... I mean the community mod system is nice and everything, but where's the official support anymore? I want to see new game modes, new weapons, addons, something. I want to see what the minds at epic can come up with...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by jomi294 View Post
    Lolo hardcore is indeed pretty funny, but then again when you look at the SC2 pr0s, several of them with winnings already past $90.000, it's not so funny anymore : <<<<<<<<
    I also find the term e-sport to be really silly sounding. But then I watch LAN tournaments where people are winning large amounts of cash and my brain ends up imploding.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    they will make another, just give it some time, lot of other stuff and other projects going on at epic right now like GOW3 and designing game engines for the ipad and mobile devices... if epic build it, then we will come

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
    rock music sux man gtho neow!

Genres aside games do seem to be catering for the 'casual' gamer more and more. Not just with multiplayer games either but single player games too.

Not that I've ever considered myself to be a "hardcore" or "pro" gamer. Those terms just sound silly to me.

Lolo hardcore is indeed pretty funny, but then again when you look at the SC2 pr0s, several of them with winnings already past $90.000, it's not so funny anymore : <<<<<<<<

Leave a comment:

Working...
X