Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Benfica View Post
    Ok, we could argue about how it's impossible to tell if they would encrypt files again or present just a few options, but let's ignore that for a moment. What I'd like to suggest is that if you are so sure that UT4 on PC would be just a "****ty console port", then let Epic launch UT4 as a console exclusive.

No?

Some people seem to forget that the discussion is not between a good or bad UT4, but rather ANY UT4 or nothing.
    Fact is though Epic's last few releases have been considered to be console-ports by the community and I don't see this changing in the future. They should just get DE to do the PC version or something.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, we could argue about how it's impossible to tell if they would encrypt files again or present just a few options, but let's ignore that for a moment. What I'd like to suggest is that if you are so sure that UT4 on PC would be just a "****ty console port", then let Epic launch UT4 as a console exclusive.

No?

Some people seem to forget that the discussion is not between a good or bad UT4, but rather ANY UT4 or nothing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice to know how you think about Macs, but that was really the irrelevant part of the sentence. What matters is that I have the impression that you seem to care more about UI's than gameplay (not to mention content), in the sense that you consider that UT4 with a Bulletstorm-like UI would be a bad game, regardless of ANYTHING else they could come up with.
    I mean in the way that the UI doesn't host many options and BS has it's ini files encrypted.

And of course I don't think the UI is everything, that'd be silly. I continued to play ut3 daily with it's terrible v1.0 UI (shame I didn't learn about ini files until much later)..

I just think we'll be given a console UI with little functionality or options. And with ini's encrypted we won't be able to make special key-binds like throwweapon and suicide.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    unix > windows and therefore

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
    Really? A snide comment because I said the ui will suck? Nice..

Firstly macs are **** and aren't anything special. Macs cost a lot of money and can't do ****ing anything that a PC can't. I'd rather run ubuntu or something.

Secondly I'm talking about functionality of the interface. Not how it looks.
    Nice to know how you think about Macs, but that was really the irrelevant part of the sentence. What matters is that I have the impression that you seem to care more about UI's than gameplay (not to mention content), in the sense that you consider that UT4 with a Bulletstorm-like UI would be a bad game, regardless of ANYTHING else they could come up with.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    More simple: Epic, release an UT3 version/patch with last UDK features.....

So we'll have a "new" UT and Epic will have an awesome show-case for UE3(.9?)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you care more about UI's than the gameplay itself, then why don't you buy a Mac?
    Really? A snide comment because I said the ui will suck? Nice..

Firstly macs are **** and aren't anything special. Macs cost a lot of money and can't do ****ing anything that a PC can't. I'd rather run ubuntu or something.

Secondly I'm talking about functionality of the interface. Not how it looks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Because lets be honest. You'd have to be really dumb to do that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
    Guys don't be daft. You know that if Epic makes a UT4 it'll be a ****ty console port too. I mean just look at bulletstorm...

It'll not have proper resolution support. The UI will be horrible. It'll be bugged to ****. The .ini's will be encrypted. There will be near no options, etc.
    If you care more about UI's than the gameplay itself, then why don't you buy a Mac?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i guess we have to wait till we are done whit the game design school and then we make ut4 ourself. "unreality tournament"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Guys don't be daft. You know that if Epic makes a UT4 it'll be a ****ty console port too. I mean just look at bulletstorm...

It'll not have proper resolution support. The UI will be horrible. It'll be bugged to ****. The .ini's will be encrypted. There will be near no options, etc.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UT3 was console infested, even with cross platform development and then it sold just as bad on consoles. If UT4 happens it would just be idiotic to ignore the people that will play the game the most. UT is still played by people on the pc still modded. Not sure many console games have ever lasted 11years.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sly. View Post
    Hm...

Fixed

I and about 100 of other players still play Unreal 1 (most UT players don't even know the original Unreal game that also started the UT series).
    I don't play online anymore since I'm just too lazy to patch it so that it works online again (I have Midway's Unreal Anthology version which is not online compatible. I bought it, since my old original Unreal CD died ).
    Funny you should mention that, I'm about to play Unreal1 in a minute ;o

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ah yea, i always mix those 2 up, ut99 and u1 xD

i joined myself in 2001 at ut99

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by partydevil View Post
    where the pc gamers have been loyal to EPIC since 1999
    Hm...

Originally posted by partydevil View Post
    where the pc gamers have been loyal to EPIC since 1998 (and earlier)
    Fixed

I and about 100 of other players still play Unreal 1 (most UT players don't even know the original Unreal game that also started the UT series).
    I don't play online anymore since I'm just too lazy to patch it so that it works online again (I have Midway's Unreal Anthology version which is not online compatible. I bought it, since my old original Unreal CD died ).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X