Please make another UT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benfica View Post
    If you care more about UI's than the gameplay itself, then why don't you buy a Mac?
    Really? A snide comment because I said the ui will suck? Nice..

Firstly macs are **** and aren't anything special. Macs cost a lot of money and can't do ****ing anything that a PC can't. I'd rather run ubuntu or something.

Secondly I'm talking about functionality of the interface. Not how it looks.

Comment

More simple: Epic, release an UT3 version/patch with last UDK features.....

So we'll have a "new" UT and Epic will have an awesome show-case for UE3(.9?)

Comment

Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
        Really? A snide comment because I said the ui will suck? Nice..

Firstly macs are **** and aren't anything special. Macs cost a lot of money and can't do ****ing anything that a PC can't. I'd rather run ubuntu or something.

Secondly I'm talking about functionality of the interface. Not how it looks.
        Nice to know how you think about Macs, but that was really the irrelevant part of the sentence. What matters is that I have the impression that you seem to care more about UI's than gameplay (not to mention content), in the sense that you consider that UT4 with a Bulletstorm-like UI would be a bad game, regardless of ANYTHING else they could come up with.

Comment

unix > windows and therefore

Comment

Nice to know how you think about Macs, but that was really the irrelevant part of the sentence. What matters is that I have the impression that you seem to care more about UI's than gameplay (not to mention content), in the sense that you consider that UT4 with a Bulletstorm-like UI would be a bad game, regardless of ANYTHING else they could come up with.
            I mean in the way that the UI doesn't host many options and BS has it's ini files encrypted.

And of course I don't think the UI is everything, that'd be silly. I continued to play ut3 daily with it's terrible v1.0 UI (shame I didn't learn about ini files until much later)..

I just think we'll be given a console UI with little functionality or options. And with ini's encrypted we won't be able to make special key-binds like throwweapon and suicide.

Comment

Ok, we could argue about how it's impossible to tell if they would encrypt files again or present just a few options, but let's ignore that for a moment. What I'd like to suggest is that if you are so sure that UT4 on PC would be just a "****ty console port", then let Epic launch UT4 as a console exclusive.

No?

Some people seem to forget that the discussion is not between a good or bad UT4, but rather ANY UT4 or nothing.

Comment

Ok, we could argue about how it's impossible to tell if they would encrypt files again or present just a few options, but let's ignore that for a moment. What I'd like to suggest is that if you are so sure that UT4 on PC would be just a "****ty console port", then let Epic launch UT4 as a console exclusive.

No?

Some people seem to forget that the discussion is not between a good or bad UT4, but rather ANY UT4 or nothing.
                Fact is though Epic's last few releases have been considered to be console-ports by the community and I don't see this changing in the future. They should just get DE to do the PC version or something.

Comment

looks good now. just support what you have. counter strike still has more players. unreal community is better. just fix, polish, add new maps. seriously. no need to over due it. ut3 platinum. tweet tweet

no more spam C:\ragequit

Comment

hahaha, i thought i whould get some backfires about that post of mine on page 6. especialy because this is the ut3 section xD but it seems evry1 agree's =D

let's hope epic does also =P

Comment

I think UT3 is a great game.

I still play UT2k4 regularly, which is the game I started the series with so I can't speak to the incarnations of the game that predated 2k4.

Unfortunately many things outside of EPIC's control didn't really line up properly for when UT3 was released...not only was it buggy at launch but it was different than what was expected by the UT2k4 community.

By the time patch 2.0/titan pack came out, many familiar clan/community leaders had moved on. I don't think the Team Warfare League UT3 ladders were active for very long and I don't think the CPL picked it up as one of their regular tour games (although I might be wrong there).

In short, it's the players that really make a game like this thrive and soooo many players abandoned this game before it got to its current state.

Several years after launch and this game is pretty and it's fast and it's brutal and my current rig runs it really well with loads of eye-candy enabled....and there's no players.

Most of the servers across all gametypes are devoid of human opponents.

I find myself wondering why?

It's a great game with awesome graphics, thrilling gameplay and a ton of entertainment value for veterans and noobz alike.

IMHO, EPIC does not need to make another UT game yet.

They need to champion UT3, promote this game for the excellent twitch-title it is and draw players, both old and new back into it.

I'm so sick of playing Face Classic on the only UT2k4 server that pings under 80 for me...I want UT3 CTF!!

AWWWWW YEAAAAH BEEOTCH!!

Comment

i agree that epic should not make a new game just yet.
                        1st finish of the unreal engine 4.0

but if epic is going to promote ut3 again then by the time a great amount of people could be playing the game. the game whold be old.
                        then there is already demand for a new game. ut2k4 will be antique like ut99 is now. it could work if they time it right. lure alot people to ut3 for a hype and then release ut4 to get it all rolling again.

about a month ago i reinstaled ut3 again and had downloaded all the patches etc. and i actualy found a server full whit people. i have to say that after playing ut2k4, ut3 still feels very slow. not realy my own movement (was a dodge-jump server. els i was also moving very slow.) but enemy's are going less fast around the map. atleast it seems to.

and personaly i go for gameplay in a game not the graphics. so eye candy games doesn't matter me much. but it's always appreciated ^^

Comment

Originally posted by partydevil View Post
                          i agree that epic should not make a new game just yet.
                          1st finish of the unreal engine 4.0

but if epic is going to promote ut3 again then by the time a great amount of people could be playing the game. the game whold be old.
                          then there is already demand for a new game. ut2k4 will be antique like ut99 is now. it could work if they time it right. lure alot people to ut3 for a hype and then release ut4 to get it all rolling again.

about a month ago i reinstaled ut3 again and had downloaded all the patches etc. and i actualy found a server full whit people. i have to say that after playing ut2k4, ut3 still feels very slow. not realy my own movement (was a dodge-jump server. els i was also moving very slow.) but enemy's are going less fast around the map. atleast it seems to.

and personaly i go for gameplay in a game not the graphics. so eye candy games doesn't matter me much. but it's always appreciated ^^
                          To move fast, you need to use side-dodge forwards, and wall-dodge if you can. It does speed you up quite a bit.

Comment

yea i know. but it just feels slow.

Comment

Originally posted by partydevil View Post
                              yea i know. but it just feels slow.
                              Go on a server with FOV mutator, set to 120, have fun Xp

Comment

I really enjoyed UT2k4 for it's single player campaign.

Comment

Working...
                                X