Please make another UT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
    We just have to wait a bit until military shooters are out, then it's the right time for a comback of UT, until then we just have to be patient (don't forget that this might take some years (= maybe a decade))
    That might be a very, very long wait. When it's finally time for arena shooters to rise again, most of us will probably no longer be gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by ws.iono
      I don't even particularly care for a new UT game, i personally would consider it an awesome gesture if Epic just picked up UT3 and said, "Hey, let's just polish this one a little more, and maybe bring the updated Unreal Engine into UT3".
      UT3 could really use the UT 2003 ---> UT 2004 treatment. They could increase the number of game types, add more maps, fix the user interface and server browser problems, and release a UT4 on the UE3 engine.

Comment

+1 Sourpuss, I totally agree.

More and more Devs going back to the PC as leadplatform(see BF3 and various comments from EA and others). I sure hope Epic goes also this direction after Gears3 and brings us a new UT for us hardcore fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post
          UT3 could really use the UT 2003 ---> UT 2004 treatment. They could increase the number of game types, add more maps, fix the user interface and server browser problems, and release a UT4 on the UE3 engine.
          Was originally planned by Midway to have two UT titles iirc. However Midway went bankrupt, so that never happened. The titan pack should have rebooted the game, but Patch 2.0/2.1 didn't address half the bugs so nothing changed in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post
            +1, that would be the best solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zy View Post
              The majority of the market won't demand one because the majority of fps gamers suck, they just want to sit in corners and spray.
              This is the truth unfortunately.

Comment

the entire PC unreal tournament community, will die if epic is going to make the new unreal tournament for the console again and just port it to the PC.

i can understand that they want to go to the console whit their engine 4.0
                since the console is where they can make the most money out of it.

but because they make the game for console. it loses the real unreal tournament feeling on the PC. the gameplay on the PC becomes realy crapy.
                and only because the console players can't keep up whit PC gamers if they didn't do that.

FPS games like unreal tournament belong on the PC. and so it should be made for the pc and then port it to the consoles. not the other way around.
                hack. all FPS games belong on the PC because the PC is the perfect system for a shooter. console shooters are ALL slow (like ut3)

i sincerely hope that epic games knows this. losing your PC community can very well be the end of the games popularity. since 90% of the game is player/user made. and we all know that console gamers do not use the editor.
                most console gamers don't even play the game for years. only a few month's then something els again. where the pc gamers have been loyal to EPIC since 1999

thx epic for turning your back to the unreal PC community.

all whit all. because epic games made ut3 for the console. it killed the fun we had whit the game serie (for pc gamers) ut2004 was a masterpiece but ut3's gameplay sucked big time. and it missed ALOT of game modes.

================================================== ========================

added edit: "and it missed ALOT of game modes." because epic wanted all the game modes in 1 game mode called "warfare" wich is basicly a upgraded onslaught. nothing more.

(ofcours there are exceptions.people who do like it. ut3 is not 100% dead. but i think the amount of servers and players compared to ut2004 speak for themself.)

Comment

Originally posted by partydevil View Post
                  where the pc gamers have been loyal to EPIC since 1999
                  Hm...

Originally posted by partydevil View Post
                  where the pc gamers have been loyal to EPIC since 1998 (and earlier)
                  Fixed

I and about 100 of other players still play Unreal 1 (most UT players don't even know the original Unreal game that also started the UT series).
                  I don't play online anymore since I'm just too lazy to patch it so that it works online again (I have Midway's Unreal Anthology version which is not online compatible. I bought it, since my old original Unreal CD died ).

Comment

ah yea, i always mix those 2 up, ut99 and u1 xD

i joined myself in 2001 at ut99

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                      Hm...

Fixed

I and about 100 of other players still play Unreal 1 (most UT players don't even know the original Unreal game that also started the UT series).
                      I don't play online anymore since I'm just too lazy to patch it so that it works online again (I have Midway's Unreal Anthology version which is not online compatible. I bought it, since my old original Unreal CD died ).
                      Funny you should mention that, I'm about to play Unreal1 in a minute ;o

Comment

UT3 was console infested, even with cross platform development and then it sold just as bad on consoles. If UT4 happens it would just be idiotic to ignore the people that will play the game the most. UT is still played by people on the pc still modded. Not sure many console games have ever lasted 11years.

Comment

Guys don't be daft. You know that if Epic makes a UT4 it'll be a ****ty console port too. I mean just look at bulletstorm...

It'll not have proper resolution support. The UI will be horrible. It'll be bugged to ****. The .ini's will be encrypted. There will be near no options, etc.

Comment

i guess we have to wait till we are done whit the game design school and then we make ut4 ourself. "unreality tournament"

Comment

Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
                              Guys don't be daft. You know that if Epic makes a UT4 it'll be a ****ty console port too. I mean just look at bulletstorm...

It'll not have proper resolution support. The UI will be horrible. It'll be bugged to ****. The .ini's will be encrypted. There will be near no options, etc.
                              If you care more about UI's than the gameplay itself, then why don't you buy a Mac?

Comment

Because lets be honest. You'd have to be really dumb to do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X