Originally posted by Sly. View Post
    Fixed your fix
    Don't you be fixing my fixes you sly person! O:

Comment

Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
      Fix my posts you sly person! O:
      Okay

Jk, but now back to topic:
      I agree with what Jetpack_Jet Llonewolf and all you others said. We just have to wait a bit until military shooters are out, then it's the right time for a comback of UT, until then we just have to be patient (don't forget that this might take some years (= maybe a decade))

Comment

Originally posted by Jetpack_Jack View Post
        I think serious/dedicated UT3 players, seem to take pride in their long term achievements/success! Maybe that's the 'superior' factor that's evident in the 'UT franchise' community? It sounds like an oxymoron to use the phrase "serious gamer", where the definition of a game should be fun entertainment, with a mix of many elements like strategy, skill and satisfaction. As a landmark in gaming history (at least for myself), the UT series seems to have found an irresistible formula for an enduring game! Human nature being what it is, often means our competitiveness increases, as our appetite for success grows, in many areas of life's challenges & especially in gaming! Maybe these are reasons why games like tic-tac-toe, checkers, chess & even tetris have an element of addiction, that for me, also includes UT3
        The feeling of "I want to do better, next time I play" means, for me, UT3 ticks all my reasons to continue to play a 'superior' computer game! Very few other games seem to have the ideal balance (hence all the endless passionate threads of discussion) but gaming fashion & the revenue it generates always leads the industry. So I say, each to his own, but long live UT!

Yeah, this post illustrates it perfectly, the massive bias we [obviously] have towards UTx. Nothing inherently harder or superior about UT versus other series. In fact it is probably harder to play competitively and remain at the 'top' consistently in any of the modern warfare FPS due to the very steep learning curve, versus a gradual one for Quack / UT -esque games. Not to mention the amount of exponentially larger activity in any of these games. Sure you can pew pew in a random public server and "top the scoreboards" more often than not, inclusive UT / Quack, but it would be pretty naive to actually think that means anything at all.

"that has nothing to do with superiority syndrom. I personally say this because of what ppl reports everyday from their experience and my own but i guess u will "counter-sarcasm" this also.
        WISEGUY(not?)THATSAYSTHINGSPPLDIDN'T"

Ya man i heard some friends of friends of friends say this games 2eznp. my bro also thinks 2 eznp. i feel you, and i'll report my research promptly
        LOL I don't get what your last comment meant to convey there entirely but alas I had to honour it, even if by a mere footnote.

Comment

Rock musics is superior to all other musics because I like these musics.

Comment

Originally posted by JetSpandex View Post
            Rock musics is superior to all other musics because I like these musics.
            rock music sux man gtho neow!

Genres aside games do seem to be catering for the 'casual' gamer more and more. Not just with multiplayer games either but single player games too.

Not that I've ever considered myself to be a "hardcore" or "pro" gamer. Those terms just sound silly to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jomi294 View Post

"that has nothing to do with superiority syndrom. I personally say this because of what ppl reports everyday from their experience and my own but i guess u will "counter-sarcasm" this also.
              WISEGUY(not?)THATSAYSTHINGSPPLDIDN'T"

Ya man i heard some friends of friends of friends say this games 2eznp. my bro also thinks 2 eznp. i feel you, and i'll report my research promptly
              LOL I don't get what your last comment meant to convey there entirely but alas I had to honour it, even if by a mere footnote.
              process done.

Comment

agree, so far the best idea, unfortunately, it's not gonna happen .

Comment

Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
                  rock music sux man gtho neow!

Genres aside games do seem to be catering for the 'casual' gamer more and more. Not just with multiplayer games either but single player games too.

Not that I've ever considered myself to be a "hardcore" or "pro" gamer. Those terms just sound silly to me.

Lolo hardcore is indeed pretty funny, but then again when you look at the SC2 pr0s, several of them with winnings already past $90.000, it's not so funny anymore : <<<<<<<<

Comment

they will make another, just give it some time, lot of other stuff and other projects going on at epic right now like GOW3 and designing game engines for the ipad and mobile devices... if epic build it, then we will come

Comment

Originally posted by jomi294 View Post
                      Lolo hardcore is indeed pretty funny, but then again when you look at the SC2 pr0s, several of them with winnings already past $90.000, it's not so funny anymore : <<<<<<<<
                      I also find the term e-sport to be really silly sounding. But then I watch LAN tournaments where people are winning large amounts of cash and my brain ends up imploding.

Comment

Here's what I want to see at the very least... if not come out with a New UT Game, at least provide us with regular content updates... Bring some new life into UT instead of gamers having to rely on each other to do it... I mean the community mod system is nice and everything, but where's the official support anymore? I want to see new game modes, new weapons, addons, something. I want to see what the minds at epic can come up with...

Comment

Originally posted by UnrealBomber View Post
                          I want to see what the minds at epic can come up with...
                          Bulletstorm and Gears of War 3

Comment

Epic should release the Unreal 4 engine and let the community create the maps and characters. For those of us that still want to play, although few and far between, I am sure we all agree, there will never be a game like UT!

If they would create the engine and a way to import maps/characters from UT3, so we could get a head start, that would pwn. Or, just make 2 or 3 maps and a couple chars and we will do the rest. A make something unreal contest sure gets a lot of people interested in mapping/modding. Let's do it!

P.S. Random 54 and Jet Spandex sux gOat B*lls. =D

Comment

Another UT? I would be ok with just fixing, polishing, and remixing the current UT3. I'm more in to the multi player than the storyline sorry to say. Bring the oldskoolers back. Throw in rippers, flying on mantas, thorns, bedrooms, LG, irc....remove bloatware like gamespy. Oh bring at all together.

Honestly.. who uses gamespy lololol There is more activity here than Gamespy pc forums. o e o e o

Dear epic, if you need donations/contributions just ask don't throw in bloatware... Sounds like Hp lololol ok I 'm going titan now buh bye

Comment

Originally posted by Jetpack_Jack View Post
                                Maybe these are reasons why games like tic-tac-toe, checkers, chess & even tetris have an element of addiction, that for me, also includes UT3 The feeling of "I want to do better, next time I play" means, for me, UT3 ticks all my reasons to continue to play a 'superior' computer game!
                                In that case, you sound like a good candidate for the 4x-RTS Sins of a Solar Empire, which has a great online multiplayer PvP component (on the Diplomacy expansion).

Comment

Working...
                                X