Please make another UT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magwa View Post
    Unreal and UT99 neither had that problem and you had snipers that could help with game play like CTF.. If you hid in a corner in UT you did not last long the weapons were very powerfull and the results were a much faster and more fluid gameplay.. but hey what do I know I have only played the game since 1999...
    You seem to think that "game-market" only refers only to ut players or something. Honestly your reply makes no sense in the context of what cr4zy was saying.
    What Cr4zy was saying is the majority of the game market like ****ty slow paced military games. Remember today's market isn't the same as it was in 1999. It's a lot bigger and contains many gamers who weren't playing in 1999. Hell, most people I speak to in life haven't even HEARD of unreal tournament. And given the option they'd rather play COD or some bull**** than any arena shooter, regardless of how good it may be.

Comment

Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
      You seem to think that "game-market" only refers only to ut players or something. Honestly your reply makes no sense in the context of what cr4zy was saying.
      What Cr4zy was saying is the majority of the game market like ****ty slow paced military games. Remember today's market isn't the same as it was in 1999. It's a lot bigger and contains many gamers who weren't playing in 1999. Hell, most people I speak to in life haven't even HEARD of unreal tournament. And given the option they'd rather play COD or some bull**** than any arena shooter, regardless of how good it may be.
      Agreed. UT99 was popular in a time before there were any good simulation type shooters. Once Counterstrike took off it was never the same for arcade style shooters. New players found it too hard to compete with the old players so they stuck with the easier games that Cr4zy was talking about. The old players eventually stopped playing or spread out among more games. Kids today want the quick fix. They don't want a game that takes 500+ hours to get competitive at.

Comment

Magwa, I think that was what Crazy was talking about and this picture pretty sums it up :
        [SHOT]http://lolpics.se/pics/10094.jpg[/SHOT]

Comment

WOW, I identify myself with the left part of the picture very well
          (does not really surprise me though... time to play Ninja Gaiden again )

Comment

Originally posted by LLonewolf View Post
            lolpicture
            That is amazing and so true. xD

Comment

Originally posted by LLonewolf View Post
              Magwa, I think that was what Crazy was talking about and this picture pretty sums it up :
              [SHOT]http://lolpics.se/pics/10094.jpg[/SHOT]
              ...lol....nice one

Comment

llone, random and scorch are right :>

Comment

btw it's not a matter of age or how long u are in UT, this picture reflects more the general mood (go for easiness) than the "new wave" itself.
                  Some new gamerz are still motivated to learn over months and months (we have regularely example here) of playing just that they are way few than before.

Well after all, i think some are right, it's maybe better for epic to wait a bit before realeasing another ut. It's simply not his era.
                  And for me, that's one of the MAIN reason ut3 didn't have the expected success (not because uber lol bad and blabla), it's just realistic shooterz era . Until the culture of hard training and well the rewardness to overcome the difficulties re become a standard, whatever ut, as good it could be, will just or fail or have a small success (mainly because of the few that are still in this mood+utfan ofc).
                  So no, don't do what very soon .

Comment

You people talk like there's no players at all wasting / 'training' their time in each of these new games or shooters. There's at least 500x the amount of people doing exactly that in each and every one of these new games. The only reason people shift from series is because they get a new entry every 6 months. Truly laughable if you guys really think you belong to some sort of superior breed LOL. HARDWORK4ALL!*Back2pewpew*

Comment

that has nothing to do with superiority syndrom. I personally say this because of what ppl reports everyday from their experience and my own but i guess u will "counter-sarcasm" this also.
                      WISEGUY(not?)THATSAYSTHINGSPPLDIDN'T

Comment

Originally posted by jomi294 View Post
                        You people talk like there's no players at all wasting / 'training' their time in each of these new games or shooters. There's at least 500x the amount of people doing exactly that in each and every one of these new games. The only reason people shift from series is because they get a new entry every 6 months. Truly laughable if you guys really think you belong to some sort of superior breed LOL. HARDWORK4ALL!*Back2pewpew*
                        Not at all Jomi. We've/I've played COD, BF and homefront. They are easier to get kills in and a hell of a lot easier to camp/lame in. You can get really easy kills in general especially in the newer games. That's not to say there aren't pro players nor a competitive side but over all these games are (now)designed to be easy.

I bought blackops, and a lot of the best players I saw quit after 100 hours due to various reasons and went back to cod4. ie one reason was weapon balance. Virtually no weapons had recoil and you could just spray and pray to get kills (I actually made a video of me running around like a spastic doing just this to prove a point). Then you get ludicrous killstreaks to reward campers.. Yes there is a barebones (no: streaks, attachments, perks) option but I rarely ever found a populated barebones server myself.

Homefront seemed like a good idea. But then they lowered the bullet damage because bad players cried louder than the good players. It was that 2 bullets would kill, 1 bullet if a head shot. Now it takes like 6-8 shots. (feel kind of ripped off over that, bought it expecting one thing and got another).

I'm not bad at these games. Quite often I can top the score boards. But I don't feel like I have to work for my kills. I just run around, see a guy. and he's dead. The most advanced thing I have to do is look at the minimap and take guess-shots through walls. Which often gets you banned for hacking..

(I still lol when people call playing games "training" xD ).

Comment

But we all know im superior

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zy View Post
                            But we all know I've got a huge ego
                            Fixed it for you <3

Comment

Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
                              Originally posted by Cr4zy View Post
                              But we all know UT players are superior
                              Fixed it for you <3
                              Fixed your fix

Comment

I think serious/dedicated UT3 players, seem to take pride in their long term achievements/success! Maybe that's the 'superior' factor that's evident in the 'UT franchise' community? It sounds like an oxymoron to use the phrase "serious gamer", where the definition of a game should be fun entertainment, with a mix of many elements like strategy, skill and satisfaction. As a landmark in gaming history (at least for myself), the UT series seems to have found an irresistible formula for an enduring game! Human nature being what it is, often means our competitiveness increases, as our appetite for success grows, in many areas of life's challenges & especially in gaming! Maybe these are reasons why games like tic-tac-toe, checkers, chess & even tetris have an element of addiction, that for me, also includes UT3
                                The feeling of "I want to do better, next time I play" means, for me, UT3 ticks all my reasons to continue to play a 'superior' computer game! Very few other games seem to have the ideal balance (hence all the endless passionate threads of discussion) but gaming fashion & the revenue it generates always leads the industry. So I say, each to his own, but long live UT!

Comment

Working...
                                X