Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
    tbh though I've seen server empty in other games over "hacking" when no hacks are taking place..
    Napalm32nd seems to be lying
    But honestly I've seen almost nobody hacking in UT3 either. Just once where it was really obvious but the admins took care of that once they found out.

However, the bots do cheat lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't really have complaints with the bots on Deathmatch mode. I've just come to accept that Godlike means you will be playing against aimbots. (Seriously, record a demo, spectate a bot, and type behindview 0. It's terrifying! )

But Warfare/VCTF mode online? Any time a bot grabs the orb or a key vehicle, it's the same thing as sabotage. Sure, the bots are fine for offline play or multiplayer with noobs, but on Epic's Official Warfare server, oh man. Even if you tell the bot to drop the orb, you just lost about five seconds towards a node cap, which can literally cause a game loss if you are facing a decent team.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HoLoPo1nT View Post
    Geez, it'd be nice if they also fix the ability for players to utilize bot AI via hacks.

Rampant, marginally policed cheating will always kill a games potential for widespread popularity and UT seems to be a magnet for unethical 'mods'.
    Never saw much hacking in UT3 myself, then again I've always played on servers where the admins are fairly easy to reach, either in game, steam, or over irc.

tbh though I've seen server empty in other games over "hacking" when no hacks are taking place..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Geez, it'd be nice if they also fix the ability for players to utilize bot AI via hacks.

Rampant, marginally policed cheating will always kill a games potential for widespread popularity and UT seems to be a magnet for unethical 'mods'.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yep, godlike bots in UT3 are a pain and truly no fun. If I ever play offline I play on masterful since they (obviously) even cheat on inhuman! I can't recall being able to turn the barrel of the Goliath turret faster than the turret itself but a bot did so that he shot through the turret before it even rotated to your direction -as if the turret didn't have a collision and the barrel moved through it to be able to hit you! Seriously, I had this happen!
    Definitely, no fun!

In UT (godlike) and Unreal (masterful being the highest possible setting) they behave like humans and I rarely see them "cheat" (like shooting in 90°, just like the UT3 bots do) and it is really fun playing against them. It's a challange and you don't get pwned over and over by some strange actions. Their movement and aim gets better though and if you had dodge behaviour enabled they just dodged into your direction with the Flak Cannon in their hands, stinger'd you to death or made you kiss their Pulse Gun beam and after a short moment you were dead. In UT2004 it changed a little bit but it is still acceptable. I caught them "cheating" much more often than in UT99 and Unreal 1 but it's not nearly as bad as in UT3 and it still makes fun and is a nice challange.

To keep it short: UT3's bots cheat and have no real skill like in the forerunners of the game!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I also agree with gargorias about fixing bots (not sure about making them like in ut99 but still). At the moment they don't act human at all. They're extremely unintelligent. They ditch vehicles in vehicle game types without proper cause. Their aim is terrible with projectiles but stupidly accurate with hitscan. They run for a powerup regardless of what you're doing, ie standing next to it with bio ready (using methods like this is how I've won duals with godlike bots).

Playing against a godlike bot can be simulated by giving a complete FPS novice a hack kit. They both play exactly the same.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    agree with gargorias about the bots, not that hard to keep bots on a "human" level as they nicely succeded to do so in first versions
    sly is right about the different periods (99 to 2004 to 2008...) but again it just looks like a sabotage to replace something nice by something worst/wrong/unbalanced....lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UT4 Multicore next generation PC game!

Expect next UT4 to be Multicore next generation PC game! maybe in 2015, thats the gossipe on next UT4...
    expect that it will be a real life VR experiance that you will nead a Ultra next generation PC, and that what will be more importante is that the player experince will most certenlly be Intence!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nah, somehow they behaved different in the classic UT and in Unreal's Botmatch mode/Deathmatch. What gargorias says is not that wrong but I have an explanation why it is like that:
    This game is made to play online. It has bot support for offline and for empty servers to fill them, but it's made with online play in mind, means: Why bother with bots if you can do better stuff in the meantime, like working on weapon balance?

Since UT2003 the bots are a "reserve option", nothing more.
    The majority of PC players have internet, it's standard. Back then it was different, that's why the old bots seem more "polished" to some of us (apart from that Unreal's AI (keep in mind that Unreal is an almost pure single player game with some kind of real story unlike in UT) - which was made for single player/coop! - was really awesome and UT was made out of Unreal. The Tournament bots are just a subclass of the Unreal Pawns).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by gargorias View Post
    Waste of time if they don,t fix the bots!

We need UT99 bots to make this game more acceptable to the masses.

Not ones that track you through walls, have player as number one target, all come after you when u have the flag or more then 10 skulls and know exactly where you are then and all the time.

It was botplay that first attracted me to this game and ever since 2k3 I have been extremely disappointed and annoyed with the lame bot coding that has been occuring.

Oops I forgot the etc,etc on the third line!
    I thought bots knowing where you are at all times was just an accepted paradigm of gaming.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Waste of time if they don,t fix the bots!

We need UT99 bots to make this game more acceptable to the masses.

Not ones that track you through walls, have player as number one target, all come after you when u have the flag or more then 10 skulls and know exactly where you are then and all the time.

It was botplay that first attracted me to this game and ever since 2k3 I have been extremely disappointed and annoyed with the lame bot coding that has been occuring.

Oops I forgot the etc,etc on the third line!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If they're going to make a UT4 with customisable loadouts, bad weapon balance, effortless kills, and lots of micro awards every match to make gamers feel special and attract a wide market, then I would rather they didn't make it. We are seeing the CODisation of many shooters. You know what would be awesome? A UT99 version of Quake Live. Something like that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just want them to keep on making the Unreal series, they allways make good games

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's the problem. I don't want an easy UT or Unreal. Unreal (Tournament) shall remain an oldskool game with oldskool gameplay - means: No "modernization" of this game. It shouldn't remain unchanged though because then you could just stick to one game if you are not just about graphics. Just the core gameplay shouldn't be made easier to "attract" those COD players... A campfest is boring! Apart from that a few small changes are nice (like the comeback of the grenade function of the Rocket Launcher).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't want nothing, its not my right to want them to make another game. I just want them to do whatever they want, if it does not means the end of the UT series D:
    I don't want to tell them how they should make the next UT because they did a great job with all the other games. UT didn't had nothing wrong, just maybe the colours because noone knew how to change them using INI Tweak until I found out how and went to play online with more color.

Maybe they should make the same game over and over but just with updated graphics. NO!, that is wrong. They need to change the game because they want to open it to more players, do you think kids now-a-days want a game like UT99 or UT2k4? Off course not, they want an easy game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X