Please make another UT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please make another UT

Unreal tournament is one of if not the most badass shooter franchise of all time. its incredible weaponry, original soundtracks and world settings, and the announcer all work to make UT the most pulse pounding deathmatch game of all time, and each entry has remained faithful to the original vision of unreal. Please consider another entry in the series, i have loved every incarnation so far, and this new generation of gamers needs great competition based games like ut. I still play 3 on a near daily basis, but i would glady welcome 4, and i think all the gaming world would as well.

Originally posted by NecroDome View Post
    Unreal tournament is one of if not the most badass shooter franchise of all time. its incredible weaponry, original soundtracks and world settings, and the announcer all work to make UT the most pulse pounding deathmatch game of all time, and each entry has remained faithful to the original vision of unreal. Please consider another entry in the series, i have loved every incarnation so far, and this new generation of gamers needs great competition based games like ut. I still play 3 on a near daily basis, but i would glady welcome 4, and i think all the gaming world would as well.
    Don't worry, we'll get another UT game eventually. Just play 3 and wait it out.

Comment

I think it's smart of Epic to take a break from the UT series. The gaming world right now isn't as interested in old school arcade style shooters. Epic's shift to Bullet Storm and Gears type games shows they understand that today's gamers are looking for casual games you can pick up play, move on from, then play again occasionally when bored. They continue to license their engine to other developers, so that those other devs can make something that the gamer of today are hopefully interested in. Two recent examples that I like are Borderlands which is essentially a loot gathering FPS game and Section 8: Prejudice which is going to be like Tribes meets UT3 for $15.

I think Epic has judged fairly well what the market wants. As for UT right now there is a game for everyone. UT99, 2k4 and UT3 (along with QL) are all good games and have great replay value. Another UT game at this point would just split those already under populated communities up further. Epic is smart to wait until they want to show off UE4 or until the market really does demand another old school arcade style shooter.

Comment

The majority of the market won't demand one because the majority of fps gamers suck, they just want to sit in corners and spray.

Comment

Necris attack probably sucked out all resources. We have to wait for recovery of Liandri. Or a new host :P

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zy View Post
            The majority of the market won't demand one because the majority of fps gamers suck, they just want to sit in corners and spray.
            This.
            10chars.

Comment

Nah, UT used to be that go-to jump-in-n-spray shooter. I mean even right now, people who probably shouldn't be whining, whine about the minigun being too 'spammy' and even overpowered Lawl.

Even if we can find replay value in UT3/x ourselves, for whatever personal reason, the game's are just bland. As in Epic does not put an effort to insert a genuine campaign or story arc or whatever. I'd rather play UT3 still, since I don't care for 24-esque stories for a shooter, but most people do.

Comment

Go where the money is, right? Don't listen to your customers, right?

Comment

We've had already enough of these threads and we have discussed this topic many times already, more than it would be even necessary. After a while it gets annoying because people like to post rants (in most cases you see the first rants on page 2 and sometimes even on page 1 of such a "UT4" thread) :/

Comment

PLEASE MAKE A NEW UT EPIC
                    cant find a othere game that is as good as ut
                    sick of the realistic fps shooters
                    plz EPIC

Comment

LOL how many times are we going to see threads like this??

Edit: This was my 69th post.

Comment

Forever... until there will be a new Unreal game and if it will be Unreal 3 and not a UT4 there will be two chances:
                        1. We will see more threads like that until there is a UT4.
                        2. There is a Unreal 3 forum and the Unreal 3 community will have to deal with such threads

Comment

I better get to play UT4 soon, or ELSE...

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zy View Post
                            I believe that is a direct result of the last two incarnations of the game less powerfull weapons, and environments where players blend in more less color , it also brought about the neon skins and other.. addons all directed at making players stand out ..

Unreal and UT99 neither had that problem and you had snipers that could help with game play like CTF.. If you hid in a corner in UT you did not last long the weapons were very powerfull and the results were a much faster and more fluid gameplay.. but hey what do I know I have only played the game since 1999...

Comment

Right now for UT, the best thing would be to update UT3 with a good patch, and allowing some time to pass for another brand new UT to release in a few years.

Comment

Working...
                              X