Moving the UT3 Folder in MyDocuments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving the UT3 Folder in MyDocuments?

Is there a proper way to move the UT3 Folder in the C:\Users\User's PC\Documents\My Games Directory? I'm afraid if I just cut and paste it, UT3 will stop working all together.

Read THIS for in info on where/how to install/use UT3.

Comment

Why would you want to move it? I think UT3 will either just make new files in the same directory or just tell you to reinstall. You can cut and paste, if it doesn't work I'm (pretty) sure you can put it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Jo.7 View Post
        Why would you want to move it? I think UT3 will either just make new files in the same directory or just tell you to reinstall. You can cut and paste, if it doesn't work I'm (pretty) sure you can put it back.
        Well I'm trying to use visual studio 2008 for scripting, and in the program their is a reference source where if you click on one of the files that are in the reference source, it will open up for you. My problem is is that if you do click on a .uc file name, it says that it cannot be found. Now I've figure out that the reason why I can't open it is because the foldr it's in (user's folder is a blocked by security. So if I can move it, I should be able to open it without any problem. More about the main issue here: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=775244

Comment

you can more the folder and put it somewhere else, where you may need it in order to do whatever it is you are doing, UT3 will not work untill the folder has been put back though, i would reccomend that you hold the right mouse button and drag it do a different location and select copy, rather then just simply moving it somewhere, i do this all the time in order to backup my entire UT3 folder, with so many maps i have for UT3 now, its such a pain to manually install each and every map and mod, i jus copy the folder do my d: and if i need to install or whenever i install UT3, just copy the whole folder back to my/doccuments/my games and UT3 works no problem, just have to input your CD key again.

Comment

Okay thank you. Now the only question I have would be if I did move it, then compiled my mod, would it appear in the new spot then?

Comment

Originally posted by Ace08 View Post
              Okay thank you. Now the only question I have would be if I did move it, then compiled my mod, would it appear in the new spot then?
              Yes, it should appear in the new place you have assigned.

Comment

Do any of you guys script with Visual Studio 2008 in Windows 7? If you do, then you should know why I'm trying to move UT3's MyGames Directory.

Comment

Working...
                X