Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Unreal, if so...

Hello there fellows.

I've been playing Unreal Tournament since 99, i absolutely love the game since its beginning, i love how many things have been changed since ut2,4 and ut 3 especially game modes. However if there is a plan on making a new Unreal Tournament, there should be more changes, especially core changes. I'm not the one who should say this or decide about this, but when i was thinking about what made game special when it was released was uniqueness. None of the games had so many weapons with special second/third fire ability, lots of game modes.

New unreal tournament should have many new weapons, a lot of people are bored of rocket launcher,bio gun,shock rifles etc. In my honestly opinion, three old weapons can stay, but the rest should be changed into something new that players would love to see again. This would totally increase active player base around the world. Same with game modes, new unique game modes. I might give an example now :

How about double-barreled grenade launcher that shots two grenades at once and than reloads. Secondary fire might throw single grenade as mine that would stick into the ground (example)

or

A machine gun/railgun weaponthat shots pretty fast its rails projectiles and do lots of damage like rocket launcher but the accuracy would be a bit random. Secondary fire would charge 3 shells at once and shot them directly into one way straight.

or.

Something similar like Goliath cannon but as weapon, much lower damage and slower velocity? Secondary as artillery cannon.

or
    Energy weapon that charges as long as you shoot into more powerful?

New game modes? OF course we want!

We already have warfare which i am big fan of it, how about something similar to RenegadeX mod? Bases to destroy, production facilities,economy system? This would add a lot of deep into unreal tournament, look how C&C renegade game is active since 2004

Dead-race idea. How about map with the vehicles where you have to catch/destroy enemy vehicle in peroid of a time before it reaches some point?

Economy-crusher. game where you gather minerals with some sort of harvester that can be destoyed by enemy, first team to gather X minerals wins.

Its not like i want these things to put into new unreal, but to proof that something new can totally increase players.

Originally posted by RoCkStAr2 View Post
    Hello there fellows.
    Hello.

. However if there is a plan on making a new Unreal Tournament,
    There isn't.

unreal tournament should have many new weapons, a lot of people are bored of rocket launcher,bio gun,shock rifles etc. In my honestly opinion, three old weapons can stay, but the rest should be changed into something new that players would love to see again. This would totally increase active player base around the world.
    I disagree almost completely with this, only the ripper should be brought back if there is ever another ut.

Same with game modes, new unique game modes.
    Not much to say apart from Warfare is basically Onslaught +Orb with a few special nodes, sort of new, but not new.
    Betrayal and greed unplayed because the game is nearly dead and were poor attempts to revive it.

New game modes? OF course we want!

We already have warfare which i am big fan of it, how about something similar to RenegadeX mod? Bases to destroy, production facilities,economy system? This would add a lot of deep into unreal tournament, look how C&C renegade game is active since 2004
    I believe there was a gametype called Conquest which was originally planned for ut3 which they cancelled or removed which sounded a bit like this.

Dead-race idea. How about map with the vehicles where you have to catch/destroy enemy vehicle in peroid of a time before it reaches some point?
    This is where I once again mention the lack of the Assault gametype in UT3. This race concept was/still is actually played with racing style maps in 2k4, in the assault gametype.

Its not like i want these things to put into new unreal, but to proof that something new can totally increase players.
    Nice idea but i think it's too late for this one anyway.

Comment

Why dont you want new weapons? Game has low amount of players and its getting really boring past 12 years to see same weapons. Ripper was removed because it felt a bit too horrifying.

Why dont you like changes?

Comment

Very simple:
        Because the Unreal Tournament series wouldn't be the same without the good old Pulse Gun/Link Gun, Flak Cannon, Shock Rifle, Enforcer/Assault Rifle, Impact Hammer/Shield Gun and co.!

Do you want an example?
        Here it is:
        Unreal II was too far away from its roots (Unreal 1) and has not been accepted very well by the Unreal community. It had different weapons than Unreal 1, there was no ASMD, no Flak Cannon, the Dispersion Pistol just barely reminded you of the original one, the style changed a lot, you moved like a bag full of bricks etc.. And the most important thing: The game flopped (sadly... I liked it though). The drastical changes were the reason.

Comment

ironic thing is, in 2k4, it's hard to find a server that actually uses the stock weapon set now anyway - most of the servers are heavily modded with custom weapons. Not so many in ut3. Part of ut has always been high customisation.

Comment

All your ideas sound not bad and even interesting, but I don't believe people gonna like a new Unreal game with those changes. Perhaps as something secondary, that you can choose between two different kinds of gameplays, but nobody would probably do that, because they know, what people like, so why they should not keep this up. If you really wanna have this, you have to do it by yourself via making a mod or something, but that takes very much time. You know, when I wanna play an Unreal game, I wanna have my loved Shock Rifle/ASMD, Rocket Launcher and Flak Cannon, because those are my favourite guns. Even when Unreal II was a way different at this point, but I didn't give a **** about it, because this game was magnificent in all it's ways. At the end of the day, you know, that you can discuss this topic pretty much, because everybody thinks different about it. Mostly it turns out in madness, because you have to make a clear decision.

Anyway, don't get me wrong, I don't call your ideas *******s or anything else, but it's hard to satisfy everyone, especially by changes. Not everyone does like changes...

Comment

I like Unreal Tournament because it has the weapons it does. They're unique, differentiated and versatile, but most importantly balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by Fijut View Post
                Betrayal and greed unplayed because the game is nearly dead and were poor attempts to revive it.
                Totally unplayed!

Comment

there will be a new UT, but who knows when they could be, could be two yrs, could be five! but i think your right about new weapons, dont get me wrong i love UT weapons, its kind of their signiture these weapons but apart from giving them amazingly new skins, it would be nice to see new weapons, and perhaps more use of the stuff they have already, like the green slow-mo jel, that is fking awesome, but its only available on like 2 maps? if its available on more pls list the maps coz i never get to pick them up if thats the case lol...

new game modes could be good, i dont really play any other game type except DM and CTF for the most part, sometimes i'll play warfare with the wife but most of the time is it CTF or DM. I do miss the original assault, i like vehicles dont get me wrong, but i think theres a better game type out there for them rather then what their currently in, and vehicle CTF, never really caught on for me personally.

would be nice if they finished off the story mode, even though i was disapointed with a lot of it heh. Theres a lot of idea's i would have to a new UT, but its hard to put into words sometimes, lot of ppl dont even believe there will be another UT but their just h8ters!!!! go away

pls no more "Unreal is dead" threads heh

Comment

I'm not against new weapons either, it's just that replacing the original weapons is a big "no-no-no". In UT3 we had the deployables and they are a great addition (although I don't like the spider mine deployable, the launcher was better imho).
                    The addition of the Ion Painter in UT2003 and the Grenade Launcher, AVRiL and Target Painter in UT2004 was also a nice move and added variety to the matches (and you started to fear the power of the laser pointer! lol).
                    Introducing some of them (like 2 new weapons) is okay as long as they are some kind of special weapons (like the deployables and painters) that are not in every gametype and map.
                    "New" official gametypes are rather what we're searching for, even if it is just a comeback of Bombing Run, (Double) Domination and Assault.

I agree with you VAC. No more "Unreal (Tournament) is dead", "How to revive Unreal (Tournament)" or "Patch!?"/"New Unreal (Tournament)?" threads anymore. They're driving me crazy (no offense RoCkStAr2).

Comment

UT4 with:

-Incredible User Interface
                      -Superior server browser
                      -exciting and fast gameplay
                      -perfect hitboxes
                      -Good netcode
                      -Patches released a lot
                      -I've made this point so many times

Comment

Originally posted by JetSpandex View Post
                        Totally unplayed!
                        You shut your wh0re mouth right now.

Comment

Originally posted by jomi294 View Post
                          You shut your wh0re mouth right now.
                          You know how I did it, jomi? I never saved anything for the swim back.

Comment

Originally posted by NovaZzZ View Post
                            UT4 with:

-Incredible User Interface
                            -Superior server browser
                            That seems kind of incompatible with consoles, and you know that the next UT on the PC will essentially be a console port just like UT3 was, right? We can hope for it, but it's not going to happen. I've pretty much given up all hope on ever having another UT worthy of the UT name.

Comment

Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post
                              I've pretty much given up all hope on ever having another UT worth of the UT name.
                              Thanks for clearing that up, Sourpuss.

Comment

Working...
                              X